Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-18-2012, 10:31 PM   #151
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Animal Kingdom MUST DOs

Jingle Jammin' Parade : This is the must do above all must-dos. It's also the main reason why we are going to AK on January 1st, since it's suppose to be the last day the special holiday version of this parade is shown. We loved the regular AK parade on our honeymoon and I can't wait to see this one.
Safari : Not only do we love it, but I'm not even sure Otaku has ever done it. It will be interesting to see the new ending with the zebras.
Expedition Everest : I will be skipping that one, but I know Ron (and possibly Otaku) will want to ride it over and over and over again. At least they can use the single-rider line!
Primeval Whirl : I know lots of people don't like that ride, but we do. Not only does it make me giggle the entire time, but it also holds a special place in our heart since it was our first ever ride at Disney during our family trip 3 years ago. Plus it was being refurbed during our Disneymoon.
Dinosaur : So much fun!
Festival of the Lion King : LOVE that show! Plus there are rumors that it will close (for a while or for good, no one knows), so I want to make sure I can see it at least one more time.
Finding Nemo : It's Ron's favorite show at Disney, and Otaku has not seen it.
It's Tough to be a Bug : It's a cute and funny movie, plus it rarely has a line.

These following things would be nice to do, but it's okay if we skip.
Maharaja Trek and Pangani Forest : I'd love to see both, but just one would do.
Kali River Rapid : Otaku really wants to do this one, and I normally would be right with her, but I'm just worried the weather won't really be warm enough to get soaking wet.
Rafiki's Planet Watch : It's a cute place, and for sure is on our list of places to go to escape the crowds if need be.
Boneyard : Otaku really wants to check it out, so we'll try to find some time. Maybe Peanut and I could go on the kiddie slide if there is one. It would be her first slide ever.
Characters : I want to see characters for sure again this trip, but there is no one at AK that is a "must-see". I'd love to hit the character trails at Camp Minnie-Mickey though, since I've never been.

I think that pretty much covers it all.

Last edited by ronnmel; 12-21-2012 at 11:15 PM.
ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:36 PM   #152
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
Ok, Claudia holding that spoon is so unbelievably adorable!

Your AK day sounds perfect after being up so late the night before. I'm jealous you'll get to see AK in the dark, as I never have!
I go between laughing and thinking it's cute, or being annoyed and impatient, depending on the day and how much sleep I've had.

I really hope we are not too tired by the end of the day and that I get to see it in the dark. With the disappearance of evening EMH at AK, I never thought I'd get the chance, but with a sunset time of close to 6pm and a closing time of 8pm, I think this is my one chance.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-19-2012, 11:07 PM   #153
Alysa
DIS Veteran

Really enjoyed reading your report. Sorry I didn't happen upon it until now. Beautiful baby girl. Have a wonderful time, I'll look forward to reading the trip report!
78 & 85: Offsite w. parents, 00: New Years Eve at Port Orleans & Anniversary at BWV, 01: Star Wars Weekend at POR & Christmas at GF & BWV, 04: Baby's first trip AKL, 05: Spring at BCV; 06: Big Family Trip, BCV & Vero-WL homeless trip, 08: Minnie Marathon with my sister, Big family Not so scary halloween party, 10: Star Wars Weekend boys trip & Vero/WL summer holiday, Big Family Christmas, 11: Star Wars weekend, Summer road trip, 13: Halloween without mum

Up next June 2015 Changing my Life
Alysa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:13 AM   #154
AvasMommy526
Mouseketeer

Ahhhh I love Claudia with the spoon!! So cute! I totally understand though if you ever feel like....."please give me back that spoon my sweet baby so we can finish eating before the next meal should begin!"

I love your plans so far and I think the baby carrier is a great idea! They really are convenient and you and Ron can take turns if you need!

Love the AK plans and I agree that it's probably the best park to visit after a long night, you won't feel rushed! I have never seen it at night either, I heard it is awesome! I love the Finding Nemo show! I have never see the Lion King and it's my favorite Disney movie so the thought of them shutting it down before May really upsets me! I love Flame Tree BBQ and Y&Y so I'm voting for one of those

With the stroller situation, I have a large jogging stroller (not used for jogging!) and since we were taking a vacation which we were drove and one shortly after which we flew, I decided to buy a smaller stroller so it would be a better fit and figured it would be easier for Disney too! Here's the thing, it's a fine stroller (Jeep brand) and it does the job but I seriously miss my other stroller, there's just no room and it's not as smooth. I use a mommy hook to carry all my bags when we go shopping but then if I take Ava out I have to remember to switch the bags quick or it topples, quite the sight So even though I have these 2 fine strollers, I'm renting one in Disney, they're better quality, bigger but not too big and I will bring our Jeep one for the airport.*

AvasMommy526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 09:09 PM   #155
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alysa View Post
Really enjoyed reading your report. Sorry I didn't happen upon it until now. Beautiful baby girl. Have a wonderful time, I'll look forward to reading the trip report!
and thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvasMommy526 View Post
Ahhhh I love Claudia with the spoon!! So cute! I totally understand though if you ever feel like....."please give me back that spoon my sweet baby so we can finish eating before the next meal should begin!"

I love your plans so far and I think the baby carrier is a great idea! They really are convenient and you and Ron can take turns if you need!

Love the AK plans and I agree that it's probably the best park to visit after a long night, you won't feel rushed! I have never seen it at night either, I heard it is awesome! I love the Finding Nemo show! I have never see the Lion King and it's my favorite Disney movie so the thought of them shutting it down before May really upsets me! I love Flame Tree BBQ and Y&Y so I'm voting for one of those

With the stroller situation, I have a large jogging stroller (not used for jogging!) and since we were taking a vacation which we were drove and one shortly after which we flew, I decided to buy a smaller stroller so it would be a better fit and figured it would be easier for Disney too! Here's the thing, it's a fine stroller (Jeep brand) and it does the job but I seriously miss my other stroller, there's just no room and it's not as smooth. I use a mommy hook to carry all my bags when we go shopping but then if I take Ava out I have to remember to switch the bags quick or it topples, quite the sight So even though I have these 2 fine strollers, I'm renting one in Disney, they're better quality, bigger but not too big and I will bring our Jeep one for the airport.*
I have to grab the spoon away from her by force in order to put more puree on it after she's chewed it all out. Though yesterday she would just flung the spoon onto the floor when she thought she was done with that particular spoonful.

I think the baby carrier will be particularly useful for waiting in lines for rides and for visiting inside pavilions like The Seas.

You HAVE to see the Lion King show! It's so amazing! It has everything : acrobatics of all sorts, giant Pumbaa and Timon, good looking cast (literally, one of the guy's name in swahili means "good looking" ) and of course, awesome songs. I really hope it's not closed during your next trip.

We changed our mind about the stroller. You'll see in an update coming soon, but not the one I'll be writing tonight.
Old 12-21-2012, 09:34 PM   #156
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

I logged on to write an update last night, but my internet was so crappy that I never even made it to my thread. I'll have to update faster if I want to make it through the whole trip before I leave, in 10 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Before I get to today's update, two baby pictures.

Our little Peanut is now 6 months!!

Yesterday we went to see Santa Claus.

DAY 2 PLANS - Epcot & Hollywood Studios

January 2nd

The reason I want us to head to bed early the night before is because this morning we are suppose to hit a park early. How early? 8am. With a baby. You see, I have Epcot planned for that morning and it has morning EMH. I have a good reason for wanting to hit that specific park, which I'll get to soon. Ok, we probably won't make it there for 8am, but we'll try to be there early enough to visit some attractions before the crowds get too big. I know Test Track will be our main priority. We'll probably fastpass it as well as use the single-rider line. Of course we'll have to use the baby swap option for this. Besides that, we'll just hang around Future World. Even if for some reason we decide to sleep in and get to Epcot late, as long as we make it to our lunch ADR at Coral Reef for 11:30am that's all that matters

The real reason why we HAVE to visit Epcot that morning is because after our lunch we will WALK to our new home for the rest of the trip, the Beach Club Resort!!!!!!!!! Oh yeah, did I forget to mention that along with getting ourselves and the baby ready that morning, we have to pack our stuff and check out of AoA? Another reason to stay at the resort the night before, to pack as much as we can and be ready to move. I'm so excited about checking in to BC. I still kinda don't believe it that we'll be staying at a deluxe resort! Hopefully our room will be ready so that we can relax for the afternoon. What would be awesome is if it were hot enough to swim in Stormalong Bay, but I'm not counting on it. If the room is not ready I truly have no idea what we'll do. maybe we'll tour the Epcot resort, or go play mini-golf at Fantasi Garden?

Eventually we will walk or take the boat to our destination for the evening, Hollywood Studios. I have only one goal in mind that evening, OSBORNE FESTIVAL of LIGHTS!. Another thing I'm super excited about! Pictures for this look incredible, and I'm sure pictures don't do it justice. I. can't. wait. Anything else we do that evening will be decided last minute. I truly don't care if that's ALL we do. We'll have more days at DHS anyway. Actually, we should probably try to head to bed early because we have another super duper early wake up call the next day...

Old 12-21-2012, 09:50 PM   #157
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Ak day sounds great.

Sweet family picture with Santa.

I'm curious to see what you decided on the stroller since you said you changed your mind. Did you buy a new one just for Disney?

This year, the line for the Osborne Lights starts over by the McQueen and Mator M&G. We were hanging out at the Writers Stop since that was where the entrance was the last time we went to see them years ago.

I'm sure you'll love the BC! Hopefully we will get a warm front. A cold front went through last night and it was 20 degrees colder today than yesterday. Thankfully cold fronts in Florida never last long!

I hope your room is ready when you check in.
lovethattink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 09:50 PM   #158
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Yay for checking into The Beach Club!

You will LOVE The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights!!!! The pictures definitely don't do it justice, it's one of the most incredible things I've ever seen.

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

PhoenixStrength is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 10:29 PM   #159
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Mel, plans are sounding great. And I love the family shot with Santa Claus.
Old 12-21-2012, 10:52 PM   #160
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Ak day sounds great.

Sweet family picture with Santa.

I'm curious to see what you decided on the stroller since you said you changed your mind. Did you buy a new one just for Disney?

This year, the line for the Osborne Lights starts over by the McQueen and Mator M&G. We were hanging out at the Writers Stop since that was where the entrance was the last time we went to see them years ago.

I'm sure you'll love the BC! Hopefully we will get a warm front. A cold front went through last night and it was 20 degrees colder today than yesterday. Thankfully cold fronts in Florida never last long!

I hope your room is ready when you check in.
Thanks.

You'll have to wait to read about the stroller. I'm going to do another "random stuff" update including the stroller, but I need to take pictures of a few things first.

OMG, thank you for telling me! I had NO idea that there was a specific entrance to see the Osborne lights, let alone a line to wait in! I'm so glad you told me and I didn't have to find out there the day of.

I have a friend at Disney this week, she told me about the cold front. Brrr! So far the extended forecast calls for temperatures in the 60s, but obviously that could change as it's so far out.

Quote:
Yay for checking into The Beach Club!

You will LOVE The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights!!!! The pictures definitely don't do it justice, it's one of the most incredible things I've ever seen.
This is one of those things I had seen photos of, but never thought I would get the chance to see for myself. I'm so excited! I have planned on at least a second night to see it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Mel, plans are sounding great. And I love the family shot with Santa Claus.
Thanks! I don't think it's our best picture, but we HAD to have a photo with Santa for her first Christmas.

Old 12-21-2012, 11:27 PM   #161
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post

OMG, thank you for telling me! I had NO idea that there was a specific entrance to see the Osborne lights, let alone a line to wait in! I'm so glad you told me and I didn't have to find out there the day of.

There is NOT a line to wait to enter Osborne Lights!!! There are to see Santa Goofy or the PP at the large tree in the middle, but you don't have to wait in any line to see the lights themselves. You just go in the Streets of America and walk around looking at everything, no lines for that. And if you get there before they turn on you just stand around wherever you find a spot and wait til the announcement. Mulch, Sweat and Shears sings before it starts too

Old 12-21-2012, 11:29 PM   #162
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Epcot MUST DOs

Unlike our last trip, we don't have any full days planned at Epcot. Instead, since we'll be staying within walking distance, we'll just head there for a few hours on some mornings and some evenings. We obviously won't be able to do all our must-do in one day.

Before I start, I just want to make something clear. Otaku has been to Disney twice before (possibly three times, no one remembers. ) She came with us in 2009 when she was 10, and she went with her grandparents when she was 6 or 7. When I say something will be new to her, I mean she has not done it in 2009 with us. I don't know what she did on her first trip, and she barely remembers it herself. Plus she's not here so I can't ask her.

Test Track : I know some people are disappointed with the new theming of Test Track, but I for one am really excited about it. The first time I rode TT I was actually underwhelmed. I grew to love it more during our Disneymoon, but I think the futuristic/Tron look will be way more up my alley. Also, I still want to ride it at night. Will I ever get to do that?
Soarin' : I just hope we won't wait forever for it, even with FP.
Spaceship Earth : One of Ron and I's favorite. What can I say, we love the relaxing feeling of the ride, and the funny video at the end. We want to try to hold up Claudia close to our face and create a two-head "monsters" for that video.
The Seas : Like I mentioned in my ADR update, Peanut loves aquariums. We do too, so this will be a great place to hang out all together. We'll start with the Nemo ride, and we want to catch Turtle Talk with Crush as well. Such a funny show! Plus, Otaku has never seen it.
Living with the Land and the Gran Fiesta : I put these together as they are two boat rides that we can all go together and that we love.
Agent P Mission : We did all the Kim Possible missions during our Disneymoon. Hopefully they have changed enough that things will be new to us. It doesn't matter much though, I'm sure we'll enjoy them anyway. Plus, Otaku only did three countries back in 2009 and I know she wants to do the rest.
Mission Space : Otaku and Ron both love this, though I'm not sure if Otaku will be brave enough to try the orange side. I, for one, will be shopping in Mousegears. I am NOT going to go make myself sick in that thing.
World Showcase : Obviously we'll be spending lots of time strolling the countries. Morocco is a must for me as it's so pretty, and Otaku will kill us if we skip Japan.
Illumination : Last time I wanted to watch it twice, but it didn't work out. This time I'm hoping it will, especially since we'll be so close. We can just come watch it after coming back from another park. Both times we watched it (2009 & 2011) was from the same spot in Italy, so I want to make it a point to see it from somewhere new this time. Any suggestions?

These following things would be nice to do, but it's okay if we skip.
Journey Into Imagination : It's cute, rarely has a line, and Peanut can go on it, so I'm guesing we'll do it.
Sum of All Thrills : Ron thought it was okay last time. Otaku will probably want to try it.
Innoventions : I'm sure we'll make it in there at some point. At the very least, Otaku needs to try the one where you star in your own video game. We'll probably do the Piggy Bank Adventure again too.
World Showcase Movies : I put them here because I don't know which one we'll watch, or if we'll make it to all three. We do love the movies though! If I had to choose, I'd probably choose France because of the soundtrack and the fact that there are seats.
Maelstrom : Maybe only one of us will ride this with Otaku?
Characters : Like for AK, I want to see characters, but I don't really care which ones. I take that back, I absolutely want to see Aladdin and Jasmine, but it can either be here or at MK. Otaku might want to meet Mulan.

Did I forget anything?

Old 12-21-2012, 11:32 PM   #163
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
There is NOT a line to wait to enter Osborne Lights!!! There are to see Santa Goofy or the PP at the large tree in the middle, but you don't have to wait in any line to see the lights themselves. You just go in the Streets of America and walk around looking at everything, no lines for that. And if you get there before they turn on you just stand around wherever you find a spot and wait til the announcement. Mulch, Sweat and Shears sings before it starts too
Oh, thanks for clearing that up!
Old 12-21-2012, 11:36 PM   #164
PhoenixStrength

You're welcome!

I like to watch Illuminations from Showcase Plaza, which is the area between the 2 shops by the entrance to WS from FW, one shop by either side (Mexico or Canada.) I hope that makes sense. It is labelled as Showcase Plaza on the map of Epcot. It is the reserved spot for those that see Candlelight Processional right now, but that will be over when you go so you should be able to go there. It is a great viewpoint!

Old 12-21-2012, 11:40 PM   #165
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You're welcome!

I like to watch Illuminations from Showcase Plaza, which is the area between the 2 shops by the entrance to WS from FW, one shop by either side (Mexico or Canada.) I hope that makes sense. It is labelled as Showcase Plaza on the map of Epcot. It is the reserved spot for those that see Candlelight Processional right now, but that will be over when you go so you should be able to go there. It is a great viewpoint!
Thanks! I know what area you are talking about. Should be interesting if I watch from there, as it's almost the exact opposite of Italy.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: