Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2012, 09:23 AM   #136
monica23535
DIS Veteran

In all honesty I would take my own stroller. It is obviously cheaper and definitely easier to carry a baby around an airport in one, also you have to think about flight delays and if she fell asleep. Would you and Ron be carrying Peanut the whole time at the airports?
Polynesian CL, DCL Dream & Beach Club Oct 2012

monica23535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:57 PM   #137
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
Since I am childless I cannot help with any of the questions, but I wanted to say that Claudia is ADORABLE!!!!! And I totally see the HM in her birthmark! She was destined to love WDW!
Thank you! Nice to know I'm not totally crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvasMommy526 View Post
Oh my gosh, she is precious!!! Beautiful pictures, and I definitely see a hidden Mickey! She was made for Disney!!!

Everyone made such great suggestions about the food! I again say the pouches are easiest to travel with and I know a lot of them are blends but there are pouches that are single foods. Like you suggested, feeding her what she can eat and storing it in the pack (or fridge)*then giving her the rest of the container at*her next meal! I remember the foods being good for a day or two! I had no problems getting Ava to eat different baby foods, orange, green, fruits, veggies, she pretty much liked it all, now? Lol loves fruits, veggies she is very picky about! Her orange nose did go away finally, it was so funny you could really see it in photos with the flash But yaya for you making your own food!! I did it once and it was a lot of work between nursing and working lol so I just bought organic but I definitely want to try again with the next baby!*

I can't give advice for stroller rental or what to pack for Disney because we haven't gone with Ava yet! As for laundry, if you use the free n clear or Dreft (not sure if you have that in Canada) but won't*have it in Disney I would try out the regular first, just in case she is sensitive to the change. I use free n clear Detergent for all of us, and just separate our clothes. As far as kicking off the socks.....if you have a solution please share, Ava is always taking her socks off, ohhh though she has these "skiddsie" socks, they have treads on the bottom for traction on the floors so they're a lot harder to get off, not sure if they'd be available in Claudia's size
I would say sunscreen or hat is a go, better safe than sorry and with the weather and sun in Florida being so different from up north, it can't hurt, they say if you can see a shadow you're getting sun!*
Weee another long post *
I did some more research and found the pouch that are single foods. Now I jsut need to go to the store and see it for myself. Making my own food is work, but it's not *as* bad as I thought. Plus, DH is helping me. I'm not nursing nor working, so I have the time, then when I go back to work Ron will be off for 10 weeks so he can continue making them.

That's a good idea to do a test run with the regular detergent here, in case it gives her skin problem or something.

Right now my solution to the socks problem is... leave her barefoot! I check her feet once in a while and as long as they are not cold, she can be barefoot. That's at home, of course! One friend told me old navy socks work wel, and another say dollar store socks. I tried both, and they do stay on longer than other socks, but she eventually gets them off as well. I looked up those skiddies socks. I think I may have received a pair second hand, but not sure what size or even where they are at the moment...

Yeah, I guess better safe than sorry with the sun. I know that technically as long as the sun is out it can do damage to your skin, but it's so ingrained in my mind that sunburn = summer that I refuse to put sunscreen when it's -40, no matter how bright the sun is or that you can see a shadow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
The pictures are darling!

I read through the posts earlier on my phone, going to try to remember what I've read.

I introduced fruit and veggies to my son by mixing it with his cereal. He didn't take to them individually, but mixed with rice cereal he loved it. I think it was the change in consistency that he didn't care for. The cereal made the fruit and vegies not so thin.

Even on an overcast day, you can still sunburn in Florida. I always used and still do 8 years later, Coppertone Water babies Sun Screen Stick on his face, and Neutrogena Sensitive Skin suntan lotions/sprays on his arms and legs.

Here are my Coral Reef dessert pictures that you said you would like to see.

Kid's meal brownie dessert. Brownie with icecream

Chocolate Lava Cake

Thanks.

I'll keep the idea of mixing with cereals in mind if she doesn't like purees. I also want to try baby led weaning, which means serving them actual chunks of food instead of purees, but I want to wait a little.

Thank you for telling me actual brands of sunscreen. I'll look for those next time I'm out shopping. Or at least for any kind of stick for the face.

The brownie and lava cake look YUMMY!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica23535 View Post
In all honesty I would take my own stroller. It is obviously cheaper and definitely easier to carry a baby around an airport in one, also you have to think about flight delays and if she fell asleep. Would you and Ron be carrying Peanut the whole time at the airports?
I don't want to take my own stroller. For one thing, she has only been in the car seat art of the stroller, not the main seat, so it would be just as new for her. Mostly though, it's because it's an expensive stroller and I read in another TR (Shan's maybe?) about how they just throw the strollers in the plane. Wouldn't want it to be damaged.

This is what I plan to use at the airport (and in lines or other places I can't take the stroller at Disney):

It's a baby carrier, a Mei Tai. It's very comfortable, folds flat and doesn't take much space in a park bag, and Claudia has already fallen asleep in it a few times, including at a restaurant and during our salsa class!!
ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-12-2012, 08:54 PM   #138
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

I'm sorry I can't help out with any of the baby stuff, but I love all the new pics of that little Peanut! She is too cute! I absolutely LOVE the peanut ornament!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:13 PM   #139
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I forgot to say that I LOVE the baby pictures.
Old 12-13-2012, 11:23 AM   #140
monica23535
DIS Veteran

lol I don't blame you for not wanting to take your stroller, I've seen how they handle them on the aircraft too. I bought a little inexpensive one just to take on vacation which worked well for us

That carrier looks very comfortable and I'm sure Peanut will love t!
Polynesian CL, DCL Dream & Beach Club Oct 2012

monica23535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:19 PM   #141
Jasperann
DIS Veteran

We brought a cheap umbrella stroller this last trip. Unfortunately lots of people had one that was similar and our stroller was mistakenly taken twice and then the third time it was just stolen.. there was no other umbrella stroller at the area we parked it the last time. Disney ended up giving us a rental for free for the remainder of our vacation. But it took so much park time away filing the claims and things. I would get insurance on any stroller you may rent.

One thing that we neglected to put in the diaper bag was an extra change of clothes... Crazy I know, we did every single day except for the day that we really needed it. He had a huge blow out diaper and DH had to take him back to the campground (it was the first year we tent camped). He had to take the big boat to FW and then he had to walk back to the site instead of taking the internal buses, because he couldn't remove DS from the stroller without creating a huge mess. They missed dinner with Cinderella and her step sisters. The girls got to go though which was good. But I felt so bad the rest of the night, if I could have prevented that from happening then I would have.

FW March 2010 ~ ASMu May 2011 ~ BWI Deluxe CL May 2013 ~ ASMu March 2014 ~ AKL Villas October 2014
Jasperann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:27 PM   #142
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
I'm sorry I can't help out with any of the baby stuff, but I love all the new pics of that little Peanut! She is too cute! I absolutely LOVE the peanut ornament!
Isn't the ornament just perfect? When I saw it I knew I HAD to get it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I forgot to say that I LOVE the baby pictures.
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica23535 View Post
lol I don't blame you for not wanting to take your stroller, I've seen how they handle them on the aircraft too. I bought a little inexpensive one just to take on vacation which worked well for us

That carrier looks very comfortable and I'm sure Peanut will love t!
The main reason why I don't want to buy a cheap umbrella stroller just for the trip is because I always picture umbrella stroller being for older kids that can walk so they don't sit in the stroller all the time. It just doesn't seem as comfortable. Maybe I'm wrong. I do like the idea of the carrier though, it leaves my hands free as opposed to having to push a stroller while lugging bags around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasperann View Post
We brought a cheap umbrella stroller this last trip. Unfortunately lots of people had one that was similar and our stroller was mistakenly taken twice and then the third time it was just stolen.. there was no other umbrella stroller at the area we parked it the last time. Disney ended up giving us a rental for free for the remainder of our vacation. But it took so much park time away filing the claims and things. I would get insurance on any stroller you may rent.

One thing that we neglected to put in the diaper bag was an extra change of clothes... Crazy I know, we did every single day except for the day that we really needed it. He had a huge blow out diaper and DH had to take him back to the campground (it was the first year we tent camped). He had to take the big boat to FW and then he had to walk back to the site instead of taking the internal buses, because he couldn't remove DS from the stroller without creating a huge mess. They missed dinner with Cinderella and her step sisters. The girls got to go though which was good. But I felt so bad the rest of the night, if I could have prevented that from happening then I would have.
It's so sad that people would steal a stroller. I'm pretty sure I'll go with a stroller rental company that offers insurance and take that insurance. It's worth it for my peace of mind.

I always bring a change of clothes and never need it. Your story is the reason why I keep bringing one. I just KNOW that the one time I don't bring one (whether I forget or do it on purpose), she's going to spit up/have a blowout or whatever reason that would require new clothes.
Old 12-13-2012, 10:28 PM   #143
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

ARRIVAL DAY PLANS

If you are a mom and haven't read my previous update, please do so. I'm still looking for more advice on bringing a baby to the World. I would greatly appreciate your input.

I was just telling Ron today how surreal this trip feels. I've been focusing/stressing so much on baby-related details like food, strollers, naps, diapers, etc that I can't seem to see the big picture. Even when I think about the fun stuff like the resort, the fireworks, etc. it just feels as if we are planning one of our hypothetical trips in our head, one of those "when we win the lottery..." (WHEN, not if, we win the lottery. Positive thinking guys! ) Then once in a while it just hits me. We ARE going to DISNEY in less than 3 weeks!!! And Christmas is 12 days away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In that light, enough about the little details, let's talk plans!

ARRIVAL DAY PLANS

DEPARTURE : We will have to get up in the middle of the night on December 31st as our flight leaves around 8:30am. We need to be at the airport close to 3 hours early since it's an international flight.

ARRIVAL : We should land close to noon, pick up our luggage, then head straight for Magical Express. Once we get to Art of Animation our first two goals are to check-in and eat lunch.

AFTERNOON : Our only plans for the afternoon are walking around the resort, swimming in the awesome pool if it's warm enough, and REST. Hopefully Peanut will let us nap a little. We might also walk over to POP to show Otaku where we stayed for our honeymoon.

DINNER : Just like for lunch, we plan on eating at the AoA food court. Haven't given much thought on what to get. For those who have eaten there, any suggestions?

EVENING : The reason why it's so important that we rest in the afternoon is because it's NEW YEAR'S EVE!!!! Obviously we can't be in bed early when we are in Disney for NYE!!! I know that it will be very busy that night and that parks might be closed to capacity, so we have a Plan A (two versions), Plan B and a Plan C.
Plan A : We'd like to get to Magic Kingdom in time to watch Holiday Wishes from inside the park. It's at 8:30pm. If we do make it into the park, we really don't plan on going much further than Town Square. We'll pick a spot near the train station (so we can be amongst the first to exit later) and stay there the entire night. We'll take turns saving the spot and going into the stores to shop and get snacks. We do have one important thing to do though, and that is to visit Chapeau to get our Mickey/Minnie Ears!! Otaku asked that we all wear ears this trip. Yes, a teenager wants to wear ears. I was not going to say no! I was planning on wearing some anyway. What's really awesome though, is that Ron agreed!!! We plan on staying in MK until the midnight fireworks to ring in the new year, then we'll hightail it out of there.
Version 2 : If MK is closed to capacity when we get there in the early eveing, we'll watch Wishes from somewhere else, then tour the monorail resorts to look at the Christmas decorations. We'll try to get into MK again a few hours later, hoping that enough families with young children will have left by then.

Plan B : If we can't make it to Magic Kingdom, we'll watch all the fireworks from the Poly beach. We'll probably do something similar to what we would have done in the park, which is to have someone stay in our spot while Otaku and the other go check out Poly or one of the other monorail resort, then switch.

Plan C : If for some reason they close off the Poly beach to people not staying at that resort, or it's just plain too crowded, we'll just spend our time visiting the resorts, then watch the fireworks from another spot (the Ferry at the TTC, Grand Floridian, etc.)

As soon as midnight hits and the fireworks end, we'll go back to AoA and crash!

Quick question, can we take a taxi with a baby if we don't have a car seat?

Old 12-13-2012, 11:05 PM   #144
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel
MORE BABY ADVICE PLEASE

I made my first puree! We did sweet potato, and put it in the freezer. We'll start feeding her purees this weekend, and do something new every 3 days. Which means, I need to make more purees over the next few days. What's the best way to heat up and serve the purees? How long in the microwave, do you wait a certain amount of time before serving, etc.?

As the title of this update suggests, I need more baby advice. It doesn't really fit just one category, so I'll just post all my questions and you can help me on stuff you know.

STROLLER : I plan on renting a stroller from an outside vendor. I already have an idea of which company I'd like to use, but I'm open to suggestions. Which one did you try, did you like it and why? Would you suggest renting from someone that offers insurance against theft, and would you pay extra for that insurance? Should I just use a bike lock and lock the back wheels together? Any other stroller advice, not necessarily related to renting?

PARK BAG : What are your essentials to bring in the park bag for baby? What did you bring that you should have left in the room? What did you forget to bring that you wish you had?

LUGGAGE & CARRY-ON : Same questions as park bag, but for the trip's luggage and the plane bag. What's a good amount of clothes to have? If I plan on doing laundry, should I try to find those "clear" detergent or is it no big deal if I use regular detergent just this once? At what temperature should we start to wear shoes or boots (instead of just socks)? She always kicks them off... Socks too... That's a big problem for me!

SUNNY WEATHER : Does she always need a hat and sunscreen, or would she be okay without if it's not super hot? Any brand of baby sunscreen you like better?

That's all I can think of for now, but if you think of something else related to packing, renting, buying, please let me know.

Since this is a baby update, why not post some baby pictures?

Her and I

An ornament I got for her

She's been discovering her feet, and I've been taking pictures of this. While looking at the photos I discovered she has a birth mark on the inside of her left leg, near her foot.

It's a bit hard to see, so I drew a black outline around it. Is it just me, or does it look like a hidden Mickey?

Here's a close up. I don't care if y'all think I'm crazy, I see a hidden mickey. See, she has Disney in her skin!

And one more, just because I think she's cute.
She's adorable. :D

Well I'm going to chime in with my advice. We have gone to disney the past three years, my first daughter Zoey has gone at 1, 2 & 3 yo; Olive daughter # 2 has gone at 10 weeks and 17 months.

Strollers make the airport much easier! We have an inexpensive double we bought off of Craigslist and its an umbrella style. However I noticed that traveling with a stroller that had a better reclining feature and a way to create some personal space (travel system) helped with naps (my kids are very much non sleepers)

Pouch food is great! Whatever you do with food bring a variety and prepare for her not to eat what you are certain she will eat! Happens every trip!!

Packing the suitcase, I pack and then repack and lose half of what I thought I needed the most important things for us is sleeping/comfort items. I bring a small blanket, lovey & nightlight. We stay in villas and always do laundry- but I do bring my own detergent. My 17 month had a rash on our last visit a few weeks ago, washed the pack and play sheet and it was gone. She has sensitive skin though....

Park packing- I pack light leaving most of the stuff in our rental car/room. I bring what I need only. Seems food is more important to my kiddos! I always bring extra milk/water because they can get dehydrated a lot easier than us.

My daughters were not fan of hats.... I use badger balm sunscreen - just in case

Shoes and socks- unless it's super cold I wouldn't worry, my first daughter hated them. I would always bring them for exploring.

Find the baby care centers in the park. They are quiet, great place to change diapers, chill out, etc. They also sell some items you may need (diapers, food and such)

Shipping items to your resort- makes life simpler!

Make sure you have a way to soothe your DD on the plane, like a bottle, sippy, pacifier, BF etc.... And also bring items to keep her busy

Traveling with kids not as crazy as it feels it is a lot of work but totally manageable!
SAT887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:11 PM   #145
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I can't advise on the baby...both our boys were 18 months old the first time we brought them.

And all I can say is your arrival day plans exhausted me. I can't imagine getting up that early and then planning on staying up for the New Year, with or without a baby.
Old 12-15-2012, 08:25 PM   #146
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
She's adorable. :D

Well I'm going to chime in with my advice. We have gone to disney the past three years, my first daughter Zoey has gone at 1, 2 & 3 yo; Olive daughter # 2 has gone at 10 weeks and 17 months.

Strollers make the airport much easier! We have an inexpensive double we bought off of Craigslist and its an umbrella style. However I noticed that traveling with a stroller that had a better reclining feature and a way to create some personal space (travel system) helped with naps (my kids are very much non sleepers)

Pouch food is great! Whatever you do with food bring a variety and prepare for her not to eat what you are certain she will eat! Happens every trip!!

Packing the suitcase, I pack and then repack and lose half of what I thought I needed the most important things for us is sleeping/comfort items. I bring a small blanket, lovey & nightlight. We stay in villas and always do laundry- but I do bring my own detergent. My 17 month had a rash on our last visit a few weeks ago, washed the pack and play sheet and it was gone. She has sensitive skin though....

Park packing- I pack light leaving most of the stuff in our rental car/room. I bring what I need only. Seems food is more important to my kiddos! I always bring extra milk/water because they can get dehydrated a lot easier than us.

My daughters were not fan of hats.... I use badger balm sunscreen - just in case

Shoes and socks- unless it's super cold I wouldn't worry, my first daughter hated them. I would always bring them for exploring.

Find the baby care centers in the park. They are quiet, great place to change diapers, chill out, etc. They also sell some items you may need (diapers, food and such)

Shipping items to your resort- makes life simpler!

Make sure you have a way to soothe your DD on the plane, like a bottle, sippy, pacifier, BF etc.... And also bring items to keep her busy

Traveling with kids not as crazy as it feels it is a lot of work but totally manageable!
and thanks!

Your daughter went to Disney at 10 weeks? Wow!

While we were at the store today we looked at cheap umbrella strollers. The decision basically came down to this : do we want to have a cheaper stroller and have it with us in the airport, or do we want a more comfortable stroller but not in the airport? We chose to go with comfort for the baby. Hopefully the baby carrier will be useful enough that I won't miss not having a stroller at the airport. That, and having an extra pair of hands in DD13. I'm sure on a future trip if we have two young kids and Otaku can't come with us, we'll see things differently.

We will definitely bring her sleep sack (and more than one)! That should help with the sleep thing. Peanut sleeps fine at home in her crib, but when we are on the go she's too curious and looking everywhere. I'm bringing some sort of shade mesh thing that I want to put over the stroller to help her nap. A nightlight is a good idea, so we can feed her at when she wakes up at night without bothering the others. She doesn't really have a lovey, despite my best attempts at getting her to adopt one.

We bought little pods of laundry detergent today. It's not the same brand we use, but it is free & clear, so hopefully it'll do. Good tip on washing the pack n play sheets if I see her having a rash. We won't have a villa, but we plan on doing laundry once anyway.

I think my park bag will just be full of bottles. She usually doesn't spit up much, but we started purees today and she spit up twice (but not the puree, she spit up the milk she drank after). Her stomach has two weeks to get used to it...

I will definitely check out the baby centers! I have to remember that if I forget something, I can buy it there. It's not like when we went to Cuba, where stuff is hard to find there. Disney has everything, and if it doesn't, the grocery store is just a short cab ride away. I'd love to ship items, but I think from here it's just too expensive. I'll look into it for next trip if getting items delivered to our resort does not work out well.

For the plane I will have a bottle ready for her. She doesn't use a pacifier (we tried, she didn't want one), but drinking milk is great at calming her down.

Thanks for all your advice! It's greatly appreciated and helps make me feel better about the trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I can't advise on the baby...both our boys were 18 months old the first time we brought them.

And all I can say is your arrival day plans exhausted me. I can't imagine getting up that early and then planning on staying up for the New Year, with or without a baby.
Yeah, I know we'll be exhausted at the end of our first day. For our honeymoon we had left at the same time in the morning and we barely made it through dinner. And we were two adults! I think this time we'll basically be running on just the whole NYE vibe in the park, then CRASH on the bus back to the resort. We just CAN'T be in Disney for NYE and just go to bed at 9pm.
Old 12-16-2012, 09:32 PM   #147
Tiggerrn2
DIS Veteran

Your plans for arrival day sound lovely. I hope you have luck getting into the park New Year's Eve.

While I don't have little babies any more, I do work in a labor and delivery unit and post partum unit. Do you have a Snugglie or a sling to carry the baby? Many of our patients have them and continue to use them long into the baby's first year. This may be very useful for you walking in the parks and whenever you are without a stroller.
August 1981 offsite-Kissimmee WDW-Magic Kingdom August 1984 offsite-Celebration WDW-MK and Epcot, Sea World, Kennedy Space Center April 1987 offsite WDW-MK 15 year celebration January 1990 offsite WDW-MGM June 1996 CBR WDW-MK, Epcot and MGM / Universal Studios October 2004 AKL WDW-MK, Epcot, MGM and AK with MNSSHP July 2005 Happiest Celebration on Earth - Disneyland and DCA / San Diego -Sea World and Wild Animal Park October 2006 WL and MNSSHP. July 2007 Disneyland and DCA / San Francisco June 2008 DL and DCA Grand Californian wedding August 2008 Beach Club All Parks April 2009 DL and DCA DD 11th BirthdayOctober2009 POR Food/Wine and MNSSHP Moms Only December 2010-First Holiday Trip July 2011 Disneyland Hotel DL and DCA June 2012 CSR and Poly Sept/Oct 2012 CBR Mom's only with MNSSHP July and Aug 2013 POP to Beach Club with the boys then Girls Only at A of A to AKL
Check out My Beach Club Trip Report - loads of pixhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....ferrerid=98667
TR from 2012 "How Could You?" http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3009569.
New TR in progress-The "How Could You" Rides Again - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3172306
Tiggerrn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:30 PM   #148
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggerrn2 View Post
Your plans for arrival day sound lovely. I hope you have luck getting into the park New Year's Eve.

While I don't have little babies any more, I do work in a labor and delivery unit and post partum unit. Do you have a Snugglie or a sling to carry the baby? Many of our patients have them and continue to use them long into the baby's first year. This may be very useful for you walking in the parks and whenever you are without a stroller.
I hope we get into the park on NYE as well!!

I have a Mei Tai, which is a baby carrier. If you look at post 137 I have a picture of it. It's what we plan to use for the airport as well as any line/pavilion, etc. where we can't have the stroller. Even on NYE, we want to leave the stroller in the room because we figure with the crowds it's just going to be too hard to navigate. My SIL had lent me a Snuggli, but I read way too many things how that particular baby carrier is bad for baby because it can cause hip dysphasia.
Old 12-18-2012, 10:11 PM   #149
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

I just noticed that the last time I updated I wrote in the tile that I updated on the 11th of the 13th month. That should have read December 13...

As much as I know this trip will be awesome, planning a trip for right after Christmas is kinda insane! Time has flown by! I can't believe my ticker is already so close to the end. I feel like I just put it up yesterday! Between shopping for gifts, wrapping those gifts, digging my car out because of a stupid snow storm, watching Survivor finale, and dealing with a few other things, that leaves NO time for Disney planning. I haven't rented my stroller (after saying "no, I don't want to buy an umbrella stroller, I want to rent", DH is now saying he wants to buy a cheap stroller. All that because a coworker convinced him. We can't find one we like though. ), decided what I want to get delivered, bought trip insurance, made a packing list, bought a carry-on, etc. Phew! Let's try to do an update here.

Baby news, Peanut is 6 months! We started purees this weekend. She was fine letting us feed her with a spoon for cereals, but not anymore. She'll keep her mouth closed when I approach the spoon. She'll only eat the puree if SHE has control of the spoon. She grabs it, puts the spoon in her mouth, then "chews" on the spoon and whatever puree is on it. I have to grab the spoon by force every once in a while to add more puree. It's quite funny, and messy of course!

DAY 1 PLANS - Animal Kingdom

January 1st

After staying up late to celebrate the new year, we plan on taking it easy that morning. We'll sleep as late as Peanut lets us. If it's too early, maybe one of us will take her and go walk around the resort while the other 2 sleep some more.

Once we are all up and ready we'll take the bus to Animal Kingdom. Of all parks, I figure this is the one where it matters the less if we get there late. We don't have much of a game plan, we'll just go with the flow. I'm not even sure if we'll eat at Pizzafari, Flame Tree BBQ or Yak & Yeti. Since it's our only AK day planned, we'll try to stay until closing, which I believe is at 8pm. Since sunset is so early during winter, it might be my only chance ever to see AK at night! I hear it's so beautiful.

I'm thinking we'll all head to bed early, but who knows. Maybe one of us and Otaku will go to DTD, or hit MK since it closes at 1am. I doubt it though.

I'll do our Animal Kingdom MUST-DOs in the next update.

Last edited by ronnmel; 12-18-2012 at 10:18 PM.
Old 12-18-2012, 10:18 PM   #150
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Ok, Claudia holding that spoon is so unbelievably adorable!

Your AK day sounds perfect after being up so late the night before. I'm jealous you'll get to see AK in the dark, as I never have!

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

PhoenixStrength is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: