Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2012, 08:01 PM   #1
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

In Loving Memory... We’re Going Deluxe! - A Jan 2013 PTR (TR Link 01/28)

Hello everyone! Welcome back to all my faithful readers and lurkers (why stay a lurker? Say hello! I’d love to hear from you. )! If any of you have ever been to Disney with a baby, to Disney in January, or both, I NEED YOUR HELP!!! Pretty please?

If you are new here, Hi! My name is Mel. Please don’t be shy, and come say Hi! This PTR will be much more fun with you in it! If you want to know more about me or about when all this Disney addiction started, check out the TR of our first trip:
Mega Waves, Date Night and Fast Pass baby!!

Our wedding in Cuba : Paradise does exist, I got married there!

You can also get the link to all the chapters of those two TR in the intro of my previous PTR : Our Disneymoon PTR + Wedding TR

And our Disneymoon : Zombie Apocalypse and Pixie Dust - A 2 Weeks Disneymoon Trip Report

Enough with the background, let’s get started on this pre trip report, shall we?
I’ll do things a little differently and start with the reason for the trip as that is where the title comes from.

Why : Most PTR the why is usually a “why not?” or a fun reason like a birthday. This one is a little different. If you followed my Disneymoon trip report then you know that my mom passed away 2 months ago. She was always the type to “save up for later” and never splurge on herself. I did convince her to take a trip with me over 10 years ago, and that gave her a boost to take another trip with a friend a few years later. I am so glad she did those because “later” never came for her. The lesson I want to take away from her death is that life is short, live it NOW (within your means, of course). I received a little money due to her passing away. It’s not much, but it’s enough to make one of our dreams come true, which is to go to Disney. A bonus is that it will be Peanut’s first trip.

When : Our original dates were suppose to be January 2nd to January 12. The three main reasons were to take part in the 5K during marathon weekend, to return in time for DD13 to have time to get back home and only miss three days of school, and to get a cheaper rate for the resort. It took so long for this trip to be official that by that time the stroller division of the 5K was full. Then finding cheap flights became a problem. We saw a great deal for flights leaving on the 1st, but we didn’t book it right away and by the time we were ready to book it was back up in price. Finally we got lucky and found an even BETTER deal, but this time leaving on the 31st of December. We’ll be in Disney for NEW YEARS EVE!!!!!!!!!! I can’t even believe it!!! I never thought in a million years that I would get to do that. It’s so awesome.

We also changed our return time by a couple of days, so our dates are Dec. 31st to Jan. 10.

Where : Well you already know from the title that we’ll be staying DELUXE!!!!! I’ll keep the details a secret until I get to that update. What I can tell you though is that since we are now going to be in the World before the room-only discount starts, we’ll be trying two different resorts. Anybody want to guess which ones?

I’ll come back with the cast later on. And baby pictures. In the meantime, I’d love to read your guesses for the resorts we’ll be staying.

Last edited by ronnmel; 01-28-2013 at 02:18 PM.
ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:17 PM   #3
photographymom517
DIS Veteran

Hey Mel!! I'm here!! I guess I can't guess your resorts!!! Lol!!!

I can say this though!! I just know you guys will have an awesome vacation!!!
Old 11-14-2012, 08:19 PM   #4
photographymom517
DIS Veteran

Also while I'm here, I finally decided to go with A Baby's Best Friend for my stroller rental I'll send ya an email once the kids go to bed!
Old 11-14-2012, 08:44 PM   #7
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I saw your post on Facebook. We don't know each other, but I've seen you on other threads that we are both subscribed to, and I'm joining in.

***I'm back. I read the intros; I'm sorry to hear about your mom. I know how difficult it is...I lost my dad a week before our 25th wedding anniversary trip four years ago.

I'm going with Poly as your deluxe, but guessing you are going to stay at AOA for your first days.

Last edited by KatMark; 11-14-2012 at 09:02 PM.
KatMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:51 PM   #9
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

I'm here!!!

I'm guessing Poly and AKL, which I see was already guessed, but what I think you picked I can't wait for you to get the details started!!

ETA: You should check out the December Roll Call thread! You may be arriving the last day of December, but a lot of them will be there they same time as you, and we are a fun bunch over there!

PART FOUR!! *December 2012 Roll Call* Holidays, FLE & MVMCP!! A very, merry thread!

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

Last edited by PhoenixStrength; 11-15-2012 at 01:31 PM.
PhoenixStrength is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:56 PM   #10
NikkiLovesWDW!
"Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "Sure am!"

I'm in Mel! Oh my gosh, so excited!!! Baby's first trip!! AHHHH!!!
I can't wait to find out what deluxes you're staying at. I'm hoping one is The Wilderness Lodge!!!
NikkiLovesWDW! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:09 PM   #11
Tiggerrn2
DIS Veteran

OK, I'm in!! And I am going with AoA until the room discount kicks in, and then I think I will pick Poly, since it is on the monorail and you will have a little one with you.
August 1981 offsite-Kissimmee WDW-Magic Kingdom August 1984 offsite-Celebration WDW-MK and Epcot, Sea World, Kennedy Space Center April 1987 offsite WDW-MK 15 year celebration January 1990 offsite WDW-MGM June 1996 CBR WDW-MK, Epcot and MGM / Universal Studios October 2004 AKL WDW-MK, Epcot, MGM and AK with MNSSHP July 2005 Happiest Celebration on Earth - Disneyland and DCA / San Diego -Sea World and Wild Animal Park October 2006 WL and MNSSHP. July 2007 Disneyland and DCA / San Francisco June 2008 DL and DCA Grand Californian wedding August 2008 Beach Club All Parks April 2009 DL and DCA DD 11th BirthdayOctober2009 POR Food/Wine and MNSSHP Moms Only December 2010-First Holiday Trip July 2011 Disneyland Hotel DL and DCA June 2012 CSR and Poly Sept/Oct 2012 CBR Mom's only with MNSSHP July and Aug 2013 POP to Beach Club with the boys then Girls Only at A of A to AKL
Check out My Beach Club Trip Report - loads of pixhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....ferrerid=98667
TR from 2012 "How Could You?" http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3009569.
New TR in progress-The "How Could You" Rides Again - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3172306
Tiggerrn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:29 AM   #12
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

Still not caught up on your TR, but I'm here!

My guess is AKL and the Poly (great minds must think alike)
shan23877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:39 AM   #13
LisaKeys
Mouseketeer

I'm subbin. I'm not sure how to guess since I'm confused as to whether it's 2 different deluxe, or just one deluxe after the room rate is discounted. I'm thinking the latter one. Therefore, I'll guess where you usually stay in the value for the beginning, and then on to Polynesian. Whichever resorts you pick, I can hardly wait for the PTR to begin!

Read you soon!

Someone please stop the Mango, Garlic and DxDP!!! Jan 10-23, 2011

July 1973 - MK one day/off site; November 1991 - WDW Villa's; February 1993 WDW off site; November 1999 - WDW offsite; December 2001 - WDW BWLBV-DTD; Jan 10-23, 2011 - Coronado Springs Resort and Best Western DTD
LisaKeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 02:51 AM   #14
monica23535
DIS Veteran

Hi Mel,

I really enjoyed reading your last report so can't wait for this one

My guesses are The Poly and Beach Club as those are the two resorts we stayed at last month.
Polynesian CL, DCL Dream & Beach Club Oct 2012

monica23535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:55 AM   #15
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

I'm guessing Grand Floridian and Beach Club.

My youngest is 8 years old now, but he was 6 weeks old on his first visit to WDW. He's growing up with Disney being a regular part of his life. We made full use of the baby care centers when he was in diapers! They have full sized, padded changing tables. Used them so much that we ended up in the Disney Vacation Planning DVD. They have used parts of that footage all these years!

The baby swap is a great option to be able to ride some attractions!
lovethattink is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: