Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2012, 03:23 PM   #1
MickeysStarTrader
I shall call him squishy and he shall be mine and he shall be my squishy

Processional Music

I'm looking for some inspiration for our processional music. What did you guys use for your entrance and your bridal party's entrance(s)? I'm personally looking for something Disney as opposed to classical, but I'd really appreciate you guys sharing whatever it was that you used or will be using in your ceremony. Thank you!
MickeysStarTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:24 PM   #2
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Our attendents (both guys) entered to the alternate James Bond theme from "On Her Majesty's Secret Service" and I entered to "Off to Work" from "The Incredibles."
lurkyloo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-14-2012, 04:42 PM   #3
geek+nerd
DIS Veteran

My husband walked down to "If I didn't have you" from Monsters, Inc. My MOH and FG walked down to "Bibbidi bobbidi boo," and my dad and I entered to "Now I see the light" from Tangled.

1987 Off-property; 2008 Off-property; June 2011 DFTW!!! POR & Off-property; December 2011 POP; June 2012 POP; June 2013 POP; December 2013 AoA
geek+nerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:02 PM   #4
tashka87
Mouseketeer

I am going to use "Aimer" from french musical Romeo and Juliette for bridal party and my entrance.
tashka87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:56 PM   #5
lyncecelia
DIS Veteran

This could still change, but as of right now FH is walking in to the theme of Dragon Quest 8, the bridal party to "Someday my Prince Will Come" and my dad and I to "O Sol Mio". (it's a very special song to me, I sang it to my Nana for her 99th birthday and again before she passed.)

I absolutely despise the song "Here Comes the Bride" and refuse to play it at our wedding.

Me (25)DH (33) *DH's Kids*:DSS13DSD12DSD10 DSS7
Met on the DIS, and going strong
May 10th 2010-First date at Kona...October 2011-first trip together...April 21st-29th 2012-first trip with the kids...October 3rd-6th 2012-adults only trip...January 9th-13th 2014-planning session and birthday trip for DSS1...May 16th-24th 2014-wedding trip (WP/LSS/Sago Cay), honeymoon, and birthday trip for DSS2...December 5th-7th 2014-birthday trip for DSD2...March 14th-16th 2015-birthday trip for DSD1

On a mission to become a healthier me! I have lost
lyncecelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:22 PM   #6
labelo
Earning My Ears

I reeeeeeaaaalllly wanted "The Wedding Announcement from The Little Mermaid - the song that plays when Vanessa is going to marry Eric just before Ariel and Co bust up the party? But I don't think it's going to be long enough for me to get down the aisle, especially since I'd want to cut the first stanza with the organ.

It starts at about 1:25 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELYrQR0eJjM

Last edited by labelo; 11-14-2012 at 07:25 PM. Reason: mistype
labelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:10 PM   #7
Emily11212
Joe's Bride :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyncecelia View Post
This could still change, but as of right now FH is walking in to the theme of Dragon Quest 8, the bridal party to "Someday my Prince Will Come" and my dad and I to "O Sol Mio". (it's a very special song to me, I sang it to my Nana for her 99th birthday and again before she passed.)

I absolutely despise the song "Here Comes the Bride" and refuse to play it at our wedding.
Lyncecelia, I feel the same exact way. Did you know it's actually from a German opera, and right after the song, a bunch of people are about to get murdered, lol?? I arranged "He'll Make Me Happy" from The Muppets Take Manhattan (I'm a musician). My girls entered on this, and then my Dad and I entered on the big key change and had plenty of time to make it down the aisle. It was perfect. :-)
Old 11-15-2012, 12:09 AM   #8
minniebride
DIS Veteran

Here is what we chose for our harpist:

MOTHER’S SEATING
SUNRISE, SUNSET from Fiddler on the Roof

BRIDAL PARTY –
Officiant, Groom, Groomsmen=ONCE UPON A DREAM Disney
Bridesmaids, Flower Girl, Ring Bearer=DANCE OF THE LAMBS by Kim Robertson

BRIDE’S PROCESSIONAL
CANON IN D

CEREMONY MUSIC -
KETUBAH READING=DODI LI

RECESSIONAL
BEAUTY & THE BEAST
minniebride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:31 AM   #9
kkbutterfly
Mouseketeer

We had a violinist at SBP and my husband entered to the Indiana Jones theme and I walked into the wedding march from the Sound of Music (one of my all time favorite movies) although I didn't actually hear either! The man played for 3 hours and I didn't hear a single thing he played!
kkbutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 02:38 PM   #10
CityGirlLost
DIS Veteran

DH entered to the chorus of "That's How You Know" from Enchanted. I entered to "I See the Light" from Tangled.

Juli & Wayne's Fairy Tale Wedding WP/WHP 11/1/2012 ~Planning Journal
CityGirlLost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 02:46 PM   #11
kmaclou
Disney Bride May 27, 2010

The wedding party entered in with the closing music from Fantastmic! And my Dad and I processed to When You Wish Upon a Star.
Old 11-15-2012, 04:45 PM   #12
bradleyjess
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirlLost
DH entered to the chorus of "That's How You Know" from Enchanted. I entered to "I See the Light" from Tangled.
I think I'm about to steal your idea. I just listened to "I see the light" and CRIED. I want an acoustic version to walk out to

My resort history: BoardWalk Villas, Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo and Kidani, Saratoga Springs, Port Orleans Riverside, WDW Dolphin, Yacht Club, Contemporary and Coronado Springs.
bradleyjess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:31 PM   #13
geek+nerd
DIS Veteran

That was my processional for me as well. It sounded unbelievably beautiful on the organ at the WP. DH, then DF, and I went to see Tangled and I burst into tears during that scene in the movie. I knew that was the song I wanted to walk into. DH now calls it our song

1987 Off-property; 2008 Off-property; June 2011 DFTW!!! POR & Off-property; December 2011 POP; June 2012 POP; June 2013 POP; December 2013 AoA
geek+nerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:30 PM   #14
bradleyjess
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by geek+nerd
That was my processional for me as well. It sounded unbelievably beautiful on the organ at the WP. DH, then DF, and I went to see Tangled and I burst into tears during that scene in the movie. I knew that was the song I wanted to walk into. DH now calls it our song
It's so perfect!

My resort history: BoardWalk Villas, Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo and Kidani, Saratoga Springs, Port Orleans Riverside, WDW Dolphin, Yacht Club, Contemporary and Coronado Springs.
bradleyjess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:54 PM   #15
Emily11212
Joe's Bride :-)

I See the Light was our first dance at the reception!! It really is a perfect Disney wedding song, in whatever way it's used! :-)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: