Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2012, 08:31 PM   #16
thewritegirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnyjane View Post
Ay yi yi I second that. I wore a skirt to Disneyland ONCE and realized while having to straddle some poor woman's husband on Splash Mountain whilst my flowered underwear were somewhat exposed that I would NOT repeat that mistake.

Aaaannnd...pants it is!
thewritegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:38 PM   #17
tanyaewa
Just can't get enough!

I have done Disney days in skirts and its been fine. I will wear cute shoes all day and then change into jeans and Nikes when the sun goes down. I always brink a second pair of shoes and pants to change into and put them into locker.
Register to remove

Old 11-14-2012, 10:42 PM   #18
Eeee-va
Happiest robot on Earth

I am not particularly girly at all, but I've worn dresses and skirts (about calf-length, fairly full) to Disneyland several times with no problems. I even rode the Matterhorn in my skirted Halloween outfit, though I admit that was a bit awkward and would have been terrible in a non-full skirt. I've ridden Splash Mountain (they now have individual-ish seats now if I recall correctly) and even the carousel in a skirt without problems.

I don't think you could ride Silly Symphony Swings in a skirt, and it sounds like Luigi's Flying Tires can be a very serious problem in a skirt, given all the air blasts! So I would definitely plan at LEAST one non-dress day. Shorts underneath is not a bad idea either.

For shoes, you may find whatever you wear every day is most comfortable. I'm actually most comfortable in the simple flat shoes I wear to work every day. I am not on my feet at work, but I do go out for a quick walk during my breaks, so that might help.
Eeee-va is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:14 AM   #19
awdsmama
DIS Veteran

I'm not a dressy-girl so I'll leave that to others :-)

Shoes though, I alternated between my asics tennis shoes and basic airwalks in the park and my feet held out fine.

Clothing wise, in March I wore denim shorts and khaki capris and didn't feel either got so wet they were unfcomfortable for very long at all.

DS's Surprise 1st trip, Spring Break/March 2012 PTR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2883877

awdsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:43 AM   #20
starshine514
DIS Veteran

Our last trip, it was hot and I decided to wear skirts 2 of the days. They were both full and at least knee-length and I wore spandex shorts underneath. They were very comfortable and I felt a lot cuter than usual in them (one was a poodle skirt-style - with Zero as the poodle). I even rode the Silly Symphony Swings in them!

For shoes, I wore athletic shoes with my jeans and a pair of super-comfy Mary Janes (mine are Hot Kiss brand) with the skirts. I did put extra insoles in the MJs and wore padded socks, but I didn't have any problems with foot pain.
Disneyland Trips -1983, 1986, May 2011 - Desert Inn & Suites, August 2011 - Super 8 on Katella, November 2011 - Desert Inn & Suites, December 2011 - Quality Inn on Manchester, January 2012 - Desert Inn & Suites, March 2012 - Desert Inn & Suites, May 2012 - Del Sol Inn, September 2012 - Del Sol Inn, November 2012 - Del Sol Inn, January 2013 - Ramada Maingate, February 2013 - Quality Inn on Manchester, April 2013 - Del Sol Inn, May 2013 - Hojo, August 2013 - Del Sol Inn, September 2013 - Desert Inn & Suites, November 2013 (one day trip!) - Welk Resort San Diego, September 2014 - Halloween Party! - Welk Resort San Diego
Disney World Trips - July 1988, January 2010 - Sheraton Vistana Resort, November 2010 (work trip - no family along) - Coronado Springs Resort
starshine514 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:29 PM   #21
Eeee-va
Happiest robot on Earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by starshine514 View Post
I even rode the Silly Symphony Swings in them!
OK, I don't think I could ride the Silly Symphony Swings in a skirt. LOL. Your Zero skirt sounds adorable!
Eeee-va is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:40 AM   #22
starshine514
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeee-va View Post
OK, I don't think I could ride the Silly Symphony Swings in a skirt. LOL. Your Zero skirt sounds adorable!
Yeah, I wasn't sure about it either - but my DD5 isn't tall enough to ride on her own and it's one of her faves. So, on I went and it was fine, I think the length and fullness of the skirt helped. I think shorter or tighter skirts could be problematic.
Disneyland Trips -1983, 1986, May 2011 - Desert Inn & Suites, August 2011 - Super 8 on Katella, November 2011 - Desert Inn & Suites, December 2011 - Quality Inn on Manchester, January 2012 - Desert Inn & Suites, March 2012 - Desert Inn & Suites, May 2012 - Del Sol Inn, September 2012 - Del Sol Inn, November 2012 - Del Sol Inn, January 2013 - Ramada Maingate, February 2013 - Quality Inn on Manchester, April 2013 - Del Sol Inn, May 2013 - Hojo, August 2013 - Del Sol Inn, September 2013 - Desert Inn & Suites, November 2013 (one day trip!) - Welk Resort San Diego, September 2014 - Halloween Party! - Welk Resort San Diego
Disney World Trips - July 1988, January 2010 - Sheraton Vistana Resort, November 2010 (work trip - no family along) - Coronado Springs Resort
Old 11-16-2012, 11:27 AM   #23
pinktink83
DIS Veteran

I wouldn't wear a dress...what about rides like symphony swings and soarin'?! No thank you! Jeans or shorts.

*Disneyland (CA) 5/06: 1st w/ kids! {Trip report} *SeaWorld 8/07: 1st w/ kids! {Trip report}
*Disneyland (CA) 10/08: 1st Halloween! *Daddy/Son Legoland 5/09
*Mommy/Daughter American Girl Place LA 1/11{Trip report}
*Disneyland (CA) 11/11: 1st Christmas! *Disneyland (CA) 1/13: Carsland!
pinktink83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:31 PM   #24
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

Quote:
Originally Posted by starshine514 View Post
Our last trip, it was hot and I decided to wear skirts 2 of the days. They were both full and at least knee-length and I wore spandex shorts underneath. They were very comfortable and I felt a lot cuter than usual in them (one was a poodle skirt-style - with Zero as the poodle). I even rode the Silly Symphony Swings in them!

For shoes, I wore athletic shoes with my jeans and a pair of super-comfy Mary Janes (mine are Hot Kiss brand) with the skirts. I did put extra insoles in the MJs and wore padded socks, but I didn't have any problems with foot pain.
OMG where did you get the poodle skirt with Zero????? So cute!!!

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:57 PM   #25
starshine514
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiewings71

OMG where did you get the poodle skirt with Zero????? So cute!!!
We made it. The college where I teach part-time was have a sock hop to dedicate the historic neon signs they had acquired. Anyway, we decided to make modern 'poodle' skirts for my girls, my sister and I. My sisters is red and white polka dot with a skull where the poodle would be, my girls are matching pink with white polka dots with Minnie head outlines (silver bow), and mine has Zero on it. He was super easy to make out of felt!
Old 11-17-2012, 11:49 PM   #26
smiles33
DIS Veteran

For our September trip (which was warm), I wore tank tops/shells with shorts or jeans and alternated between my Dansko Sara sandals (not clogs so I think a little more stylish!), Sanuk flip-flops, Keen Mary Janes, and New Balance shoes. I stopped wearing the New Balances after a while so I could let my feet breathe. No blisters at all from that 3 day trip (despite 7 round trip walks to HoJo and being our FP runner), but I did get shin splints.

These are the Danskos, which Amazon was selling for an amazing under $40 price shortly before our trip. I still love them as they are SOOOO comfortable.

smiles33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:17 AM   #27
PinkBudgie
Expert Disneyland Snowball Maker
I've been wearing my LGMH for several years now

Those are really cute! I'm surprised they are comforable. I discovered I need my shoes to be super squishy and cushioned at the parks. Even my tennis shoes get to feeling flat and hard after awhile.
Old 11-18-2012, 11:11 AM   #28
geekypeach
Mouseketeer

I was hoping someone had some experience with New Balance classics (not the runner/cross trainer shoes).

My knees are terrible and hurt for a month after our last trip!

As for dress issue, I've worn them once or twice, and you can be modest. For me, it isn't worth the effort. I'm a jeans and tee shirt gal at Disney!

April 2013 HoJo
November/December 2012 HoJo
April 2012 HoJo
February 2012 BW Anaheim Inn
October 2011 Paradise Pier
May 2011 HoJo
February 2010 HoJo
March 2009 HoJo
October 1994 Best Western Pavillions
geekypeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 02:09 PM   #29
NorCalGal
Mouseketeer

I've worn dresses at WDW, since I find the Florida humidity miserable. It was fine, but as a PP said you sometimes have to be careful. Mine were almost ankle length, but had slits up to the knees, so I thought I wouldn't have a problem being modest. A couple rides, though are very awkward to get out of, and on Tower it didn't occur to me that when we had a drop my dress would fly up (I guess because of the slits.) Anyway, I imagine the camera caught a nice shot of my slip, with my dress flying up, since when we got off the ride we had a "sorry, photo not available" message. I still feel bad that no one got their picture. FWIW, I wore canvas tennis shoes with the dresses.

I do wear Crocs to the parks with the above exception. The only problem I've had is with Crocs with no back strap. I've had one come off as I was getting out of the ride vehicle on Space Mountain, and the only thing more embarrassing than the above story is holding up the whole line while you scramble for your shoe. I went out and bought the Mickey Mouse ones that have the strap to prevent that (after one embarassing incident.) When they get wet, they can be slippery, but I just go in the bathroom and dry them with paper towels. You do have to walk carefully in the rain. I love them for the water rides, though.
Old 11-18-2012, 02:36 PM   #30
Disney Dreams
Proudly afflicted with TDMA!
Major pin collector in denial

When preparing for our WDW trip which was last month (10/2012) I was trying to figure out what to wear into the Parks each day so as not to die from East Coast humidity.

I don't wear shorts and was worried my capris would just be sticking to me. Sigh. What to wear??? I came across a thread on the WDW boards about wearing skirts in the Parks and thought many of the posters were crazy. Why would I want a skirt while touring a theme park?!!?!?

That said, I threw three ankle-length, flawy (not fitted) skirts into my suitcase. My intent was to wear them for dinners. One of them has shorts sewn into them. I decided on our 2nd day to try them out in the Park.

OH - MY - GOODNESS!!!

It was absolutely fantastic, fabulous, wonderful! I stayed cool. My legs were protected from the sun.

The next day I decided to wear one of my other skirt with my workout shorts underneath. It was great! And I was a convert. I didn't have problems with it flying up during rides because I would tuck the skirt under before I sat down (since they were flowy, not tight fitting, skirts).

If I only had one day in the Park and/or if it were not going to be horribly hot, I would wear my capris, but when it was 95 degrees with 80% humidity, I now say, Bring out the Skirts!

- Dreams

Disney Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: