Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2013, 05:00 AM   #16
lorenni
DIS Veteran

You would need to book the hotel in advance. Rooms are not guaranteed to be ready at any specific time, but are usually casual else for check in at 3pm. If you decide to book a room, choose a hotel that it a close to the park you'll be visiting.

Starwood brands runs the Dolphin and Swan over at Epcot (equivalent to a Sheraton and Westin). They may offer day rates - might be worth a call over there.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:36 AM   #17
sweetpee_1993
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wongski View Post
Just want to clarify if you we're able to book a room right on the bus on the way to disney world? Did disney bring it up as a option while you we're on the bus? Right now the cost for pop century is about $90.
Read the promo and make sure there's not a deadline for booking that price.

I shot an email via my iPhone to my TA/friend while we were on the ship waiting for the gangway to open at 6:30 the morning of our WDW day. I knew she got up early and would get my email. I could've booked the room myself standing there on the ship. I give her all my Disney bookings so I'm paying the love forward for a fellow Disney-lover. We went back and forth with a few emails to get all the particulars in order. We were at Epcot and already rode Test Track when I called her to give her an updated credit card number. I'd say it was around 8:30 or so before the reservation was made. I had the confirmation email before 9. We went over to Pop probably around noon or so. We realized it was a bit of a crap shoot as to whether the room would be available for us. Technically it doesn't have to be ready until 4. When I approached the check-in desk I explained we had come off the cruise ship, had been up since before 5, and didn't care what they had we were just desperate for a pillow and a blanket. The CM was super nice. We only got 1 room key, no room charge, kept it simple as possible. The room was ready and we were all out solid within 20 minutes of check-in. We did this in January during a typcially "slower" time so that may have increased our chances of arriving early to a room clean, prepped, and ready. Like I said, best $80 spent ever.

Honestly, if the weather was warmer when we were there I'd have rather spent the $$ for a room at Yacht or Beach Club and hung out at Stormalong Bay for the better part of the day. The parks are like a whole different type of vacation for us, it's such a stark contrast to go from the relaxation of the cruise to the hectic nature of the parks then back to the cruise. It felt like a square peg being pounded into a round hole. Didn't fit so good for us. We've done the parks so much we don't really feel the need to go there but I know a lot of people haven't been the way we have and/or still love that opportunity to go hit up the attractions and shows. Wasn't our thing, that's for sure. Glad we went but if I had it to do again I'd definitely do things different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenni View Post
You would need to book the hotel in advance. Rooms are not guaranteed to be ready at any specific time, but are usually casual else for check in at 3pm. If you decide to book a room, choose a hotel that it a close to the park you'll be visiting.

Starwood brands runs the Dolphin and Swan over at Epcot (equivalent to a Sheraton and Westin). They may offer day rates - might be worth a call over there.
We booked a room at Pop between 8:30 and 9:00 am and checked-in 3 hours or so later. We rolled the dice on whether or not the room would be ready early. Luckily it was. Part of the reason we chose Pop is because it is a large resort with more rooms so we figured that could help our chances. My logic was if a room wasn't previously occupied it'd be ready to go vs. a room someone checked out of and was waiting to be turned over by housekeeping. It worked out. Definitely important for folks to understand the rooms aren't always ready early.
Disney Adventures: 1/04 POP, 1/05 POP, 2/06 POP, 1/07 POP, 12/07 CR, 5/08 POFQ sans kids, 1/09 CR, 5/09 Poly w/o the family, 1/10 AKL, 11/10 POFQ, 9/11 WL+DCL Dream+YC, 5/12 DCL Magic, 9/12 DCL Dream sans kids, 1/13 DCL Magic, 5/13 DCL Fantasy, 9/13 DCL Dream w/friends, 9/13 DCL Fantasy sans kids, 4/14 DLH/Disneyland

Other Adventures:
11/13 RCI Allure of the Seas

Future Adventures:
9/14 DCL Dream w/friends
9/14 Disneyland sans kids
5/15 DCL Wonder WBPC
11/15 DCL Wonder
sweetpee_1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Display Modes Rate This Thread