Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2012, 07:09 AM   #1
MrsSDW
Mouseketeer

We're back! Highs/Lows from 12-16 November

Hello, everyone!!

So we're back from our trip. Our fabulous, marvellous, stupendous, wonderful, magical trip! Can you tell already that we enjoyed it? As is the tradition, here follows our highs and lows. I'll start with the lows so we end on a happy note:

Lows -

1. Walt Disney Studios. We went on the Wednesday and found it a bit underwhelming. We couldn't put our finger on why, but came to the conclusion that it just didn't feel as 'special' as the Disneyland Park. It didn't help that the Info Board had the wrong time for the English version of the Stitch Live show, so we raced around various rides in ToyStory Playland in time for the show only to find that we were half an hour early. We decided to just wait around because we thought we'd be let into the auditorium sooner than we were, but in hindsight we should have just gone off then come back again. But it was worth it once we got in as it was a really clever, fun show and we all enjoyed it.

2. Nothing to do with the trip, but I was disappointed with some of my pics on my new camera. I obviously just don't know how to work it properly yet to get the best out of it. Thankfully my DH had our old Canon so we have sufficient record of the magic.

Highs -

1. No surprises....... Dreams. We squeaked into the park on our very first night just in time to see it from the very far end of Main Street, nearest the park entrance, and it was impressive even from that distance. But it absolutely took our breath away the next time we saw it from right up close to the Castle. So clever, inventive, colourful, imaginative and unforgettable. The look on our DD's face as she watched it was priceless. Our favourite bit was the Rapunzel song and we were singing it for the whole trip. I'm sure that everytime I now hear this song it will remind me of our holiday and bring back such happy memories.

2. Big Thunder Mountain. I wasn't sure how my DD would like this, being faster than any rollercoaster she's ever been on before. She loved it! Thanks to our DLH fast passess we were able to ride it again and again and again..... All in all, we must have been on it 20 times during our trip. Great fun!

3. The Cast Members, in particular their reactions to my DD. They were really lovely with her, so friendly and responsive. She was thrilled to try out her few words of French, or to say "Yo-ho-ho and a bottle of rum!" on POTC, or shout out "Yeehah!" on BTM - she never once failed to get back a lovely smile and cheery reply. One CM in particular let us on to BTM a couple of times through the Fast Pass route without taking our FPs as he said the park wasn't busy, which felt like such a treat! We ate in Walts on Thursday evening and the waitress moved a whole table so my DD could sit at the window easily to watch the parade.

4. Lack of queues. The park was nice and bustly without being overly busy so we only queued twice for any length of time during the whole trip. Once was for "Stitch Live" and that was because of the misinformation on the programme board, and the other was for our first trip on BTM - the only time that we didn't use FP, so we really can't complain.

5. Extra Magic Hours. We got up early on the Tuesday to do Fantasyland and then again on Thursday to do Discoveryland, which worked really well. We were able to get pretty much straight onto all the rides we wanted to do with only a few minutes of waiting.

6. The Disneyland Hotel. The staff, the room, the public areas, the shop, the restaurants, the breakfast - everything was great. We had a bottle of sparkling water in the room and an autograph book and pen when we arrived, and the receptionist gave me a voucher for my DD to choose another gift herself. On the Tuesday night we had a problem with our hot water and a maintenance man arrive to fix it within minutes. As for the location, it really can't be beaten. It was indescribably fabulous to exit the park at the end of a tiring and be a mere hop, skip and a jump away from sinking into a hot bath.

7. The Christmas decorations. Just WOW!!! So beautiful, and so much to see and admire. In fact, it struck me that you could spend a very happy day in the park just looking at things and taking everything in without even stepping foot on a ride.

8. Animagique. I particularly wanted to do this so after the disappointment of WDW on the Wednesday we decided to go back on the Friday, our final morning. I'm glad that we did as this show was such good fun.

I really could go on and on! But best end here as this is already very long. We all thoroughly enjoyed the trip, and haven't had so much fun together as a family for ages. We could all quite happily have stayed for another couple of days as there was still so much that we could have seen or done. Next time!

Thanks to everyone who had answered my various questions before our trip as the info really helped to make it all happen. All the planning and thought that preoccupied/stressed me in the weeks leading up was worth it! It was by no means the cheapest holiday we've been on but I can honestly say with my hand on heart that it was worth every single penny and I'd go back and do it all again in an instant.
MrsSDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:14 AM   #2
Mum to Belle
Thinks she may know someone who has a planner

Welcome back from your magical trip!!! I'm so pleased that it lived up to expectations!!!

Great to read so many wonderful highs too :-)
Mum to Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-17-2012, 07:18 AM   #3
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person

Wonderful trip and it just goes to show the difference between the week you went after the school holidays and the week before

Your high n°7 is what I do most park visits now the rides have definitely taken a 2nd place.

So when are you going again ?

Vive la différence
Carrie_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:28 AM   #4
tennisfan
Was told off for sliding down the banister at the SL
South Africa or California for me
Popped to the Boots

DISboards Moderator

Sounds like you had a fab trip, welcome back

Trips:
DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, October, 1994, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 1998, DLRP - Hotel New York, June, 1999, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 1999, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 2000, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 2001, Walt Disney Studios preview, February, 2002, DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, August, 2002, New York City, Easter 2004, DLRP - Hotel New York, August, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, November, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, September, 2005, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, Easter 2007, DLRP - Kyriad, June 2007 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2009 DLRP - Day trip, November 2009 New York City, February 2010 DLRP - Disneyland Hotel, June 2010 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, September 2010 Stratosphere Hotel, Las Vegas, October 2010 DLRP - Day trip, January 2011, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, August 2011, DLRP - Day trip, January 2012, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2012, DLRP - Santa Fe, November 2012,
tennisfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:18 AM   #5
tinks_1989
need a like button

Glad to hear the Christmas decorations didn't disappoint. I'm so excited to see it all.

Glad you had a great time x
tinks_1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:49 AM   #6
Bexx

Enjoys the UNIQUE Magic Kingdom
Crazed by the twiddly bits

Sounds like a wonderful trip. Feel free to list as many highs as you like - it's always great to read them.
~ WDW MK Day Trip Jan 83 ~*~ DLP Sequoia Lodge Nov 92 ~*~ DLP Newport Bay Club Nov 93 ~*~ DLP Sequoia Lodge Dec 95 ~*~ WDW Offsite Dec 96 ~*~ WDW Dixie Landings Jan 99 ~*~ DLP Sequoia Lodge Dec 99 ~*~ DLP Hotel New York Dec 02 ~*~ WDW Old Key West Feb 05 ~*~ DLP Newport Bay Club Nov 05 ~*~ DLP Day Trip Jan 06 ~*~ DLP Hotel Cheyenne Dec 06 ~*~ DLP Hotel Santa Fe Nov 07 ~*~ WDW Beach Club Villas & Old Key West + Portofino Bay Feb 08 ~*~ DLP Sequoia Lodge Jan 09 ~*~ DLP Sequoia Lodge March 09 ~*~ DLP Disneyland Hotel Feb 10 ~*~ WDW Beach Club Villas & Old Key West + Royal Pacific Resort Oct 10 ~*~ DLP Hotel New York Dec 12 ~*~ WDW Beach Club Villas & Old Key West + Royal Pacific Resort Aug 13 ~

Been there ... Done that ... Definitely going back!

Bexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:28 AM   #7
DLPDreams
I am like a child in a sweet shop, all hyper on sugar

Aw what a lovely time you had. So pleased it went so well. Reminds me of our previous trips - I recall literally being on cloud 9 after our first trip. And you are right, it really is lovely to spend it as a family - priceless memories.

We did have a disappointing time in June this year, so we are hoping this coming trip will be like our previous ones. In particular, we are hoping that the DLH is on top form like previous.

I am so excited for our Christmas trip - having never been before at this time of year (and wanting to go for years) I am going to have to control myself not to cry I'm sure . My girls are going to be in heaven when we tell them .

Can't wait for your TR to hear more - no pressure of course .

PS - I can't remember, did you say you were going to do the Princess makeover with our DD?

DLPDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:56 AM   #8
MissSkellington
Of cabbages and kings...

Yay! Sounds like you had a wonderful time!

Glad to see you have far more highs than lows, as it should be!
*WDW 2005 - POP (April) *DLR 2008 (May) - offsite
*DLR 2008 (Oct) - offsite *DLR 2009 (Dec) - offsite
*WDW 2011 (Feb) POR *1st DLRP 2012 (Nov) SL
*DLRP 2013 (Feb) NPBC *DLRP 2013 (June) DLH
*DLRP 2013 (Oct) SL *DLRP 2013 (Nov) HNY *DLRP 2014 (Jan) DLH
MissSkellington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:59 PM   #9
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

Welcome back glad you had such a great time with some very magical memories.
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:35 PM   #10
MrsSDW
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLPDreams View Post
I am so excited for our Christmas trip - having never been before at this time of year (and wanting to go for years) I am going to have to control myself not to cry I'm sure . My girls are going to be in heaven when we tell them .

Can't wait for your TR to hear more - no pressure of course .

PS - I can't remember, did you say you were going to do the Princess makeover with our DD?
I can't imagine going any other time! The park was breathtaking in all its Christmas glory. On our last day, I was just standing looking and trying to take everything in and commit it to memory. Lovely, lovely, lovely!

We didn't do the Princess make-over but as coincidence would have it we had to walk past it every day on the way to/from our room and our DD would gaze at it longingly with adoring eyes. I'm sure she would have loved it, so maybe next time.
Old 11-17-2012, 01:39 PM   #11
MrsSDW
Mouseketeer

Just to say thanks for reading my lengthy highs/lows! It's lovely to have such a nice welcome back. I think I'm still on a high because even struggling round the supermarket this afternoon and sticking the laundry on hasn't ruined my good mood. My DD has spent the day dressed as Rapunzel and playing happily with her DLP toys.
Old 11-19-2012, 01:35 AM   #12
MinnieVanMom
DIS Veteran

So glad you had a great time. We really do like the low crowds, no pushing, no waiting and think it makes the parks even better. Glad you daughter had a nice time and got to go several times on rides. We loved DLH too.

Thanks for the trip report.
MinnieVanMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:00 PM   #13
Serenlas
Mouseketeer

Sounds like you had a blast!! Thanks for sharing
Old 11-19-2012, 03:00 PM   #14
Ms Poppins
I'm sure I'm very affected by all this Disney talk

Fantastic highs!

I could walk around the park all day too without going on a single ride

thanks for posting