Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2013, 06:49 AM   #916
skx1122
Mouseketeer

Shirt Sizing

FINALLY signing up to run with DH this week!!! Last thing I need to figure out it what size shirt to order. I ran the PHM in Feb, and I got a medium. It fits PERFECTLY!! Not too tight - not too loose. Great to wear as much I want to got out and announce to the world that I DID IT!!! Which is a lot

But as I understand it W&D isn't going to be a female tapered shirt like the Princess. So what size would you suggest that I order? My shirt doesn't fit right for my Publix Half, and if this happens to a Disney run - I don't think I could handle it!!!

Thanks!!

MeDHDS(7)DD(2):

Off Prop as a kid 1982, 1990 AS Sport 1999, 2009 Off Prop 2000, 2004
POR 2002 ASMo 2005 DL 1st Time! 2007 DS 1st Time 2008
AS Sport Bday Trip 2008 AKV Halloween 2010 DL 2012
Princess Half Feb. 2013
DD 2nd birthday celebration - BLT/CB split stay- June 2013
Wine and Dine Half Nov 2013 with DH to celebrate 10 years of marriage
Disney Cruise Thanksgiving 2014 on the Wonder
skx1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:51 AM   #917
PlutoBaby
Treat stress like a dog;pee on it and walk away.

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by assisi811 View Post
I am so excited to have just found this thread. My husband and I are both signed up for the W&D. I ran my first half at the PHM in Feb. and couldn't wait to to another Disney race.

to the land of proud Disney Dorks and running freaks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skx1122 View Post
FINALLY signing up to run with DH this week!!! Last thing I need to figure out it what size shirt to order. I ran the PHM in Feb, and I got a medium. It fits PERFECTLY!! Not too tight - not too loose. Great to wear as much I want to got out and announce to the world that I DID IT!!! Which is a lot

But as I understand it W&D isn't going to be a female tapered shirt like the Princess. So what size would you suggest that I order? My shirt doesn't fit right for my Publix Half, and if this happens to a Disney run - I don't think I could handle it!!!

Thanks!!
I got the small last year and it's just loose enough without looking baggy. I think they're all men sizes so you can bet on them running a bit larger.

She is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are her life, her love, her leader. She will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of her heart. You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion.
PlutoBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-29-2013, 11:55 AM   #918
CamColt
Only thinks she’s not losing it
Mom gone wild!
I really feel like I have a good grip on things now
B1 BINGO!

[QUOTE=PlutoBaby;48244267] to the land of proud Disney Dorks and running freaks!

This made me LOL!

As I'm thinking more and more about this, I'm coming up with more questions for you pros. How many corrals are there? How much time is there between each corral?

DH and I are doing a 10K this weekend to try to get an "official time", to hopefully not be in the last corral. What do you need for proof of time? I know they said to send an email with the info but do they just take your word for it or do you need some documentation?
Old 04-29-2013, 01:37 PM   #919
PlutoBaby
Treat stress like a dog;pee on it and walk away.

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoBaby View Post
to the land of proud Disney Dorks and running freaks!

This made me LOL!

As I'm thinking more and more about this, I'm coming up with more questions for you pros. How many corrals are there? How much time is there between each corral?

DH and I are doing a 10K this weekend to try to get an "official time", to hopefully not be in the last corral. What do you need for proof of time? I know they said to send an email with the info but do they just take your word for it or do you need some documentation?
I think they just may check the time you give them. They can go and look up the race results you supply them, but I'm not sure. I didn't submit a time last year so I started in Corral G (last one). I think that's the max amount of corrals as they cut off registration at 14,500(?). At least I'm pretty sure that's what it was last year. I submitted at 1:02 10k time this year so I'm thinking maybe C or D. Can anyone who had close to that entry time last year tell us where you started???

The corrals are spaced 5 minutes apart with the first one starting right at 10pm. I give runDisney alot credit on this. They start right on time and once that first one goes, the rest move up quickly. And for those in the back, you get just as much excitment and fireworks as the first!

The best thing I think though, is just before you get to the start, there's a big opening right next to the porta-potties. Helps with any last minute nerves! Otherwise, you may end up running the fastest first mile time of your life!

Oh! For those of you on the WISH FB page, the new WISH items sale is up and running! If you go to the DIS Boards WISH team, it takes you to a link which you can then order from. They've got singlets, hoodies, jackets, all kinds of good stuff! I already have my custom t-shirt for the race but I plan on sporting my neon green WISH jacket around the parks. Uh-huh, lookin' good! Lol!

She is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are her life, her love, her leader. She will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of her heart. You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion.
PlutoBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:46 PM   #920
jenny_nichole
Mouseketeer

Advice needed: DCL before or after half marathon?

Hi there,

I was hoping to get your opinions to help with planning our next family vacation:

I would like to do either the Wine and Dine Half Marathon or the Disney Half in January. We're looking into taking our first Disney cruise(first cruise ever too) at the same time.

Here's where I need your advice/experiences:
Would it be better to book a cruise before or after the race? DH thinks I might be too tired and beat up to enjoy our first cruise if I'm coming fresh off the race.

Has anyone cruised before or after a Disney half or full marathon? Can you share your experiences?

Thanks,
Jennifer
jenny_nichole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:20 PM   #921
CamColt
Mom gone wild!
B1 BINGO!

Great info, PlutoBaby. Thanks!

You actually brought up something else I had thought of. I read the Runners Guide to WDW and they mentioned something about this too, but not knowing how the whole thing is set up, I'm confused. If we get in our corral at say 9:30, then at 10:00 we start moving up, do we still have access to porta potties, as we move up closer to the start line, (say at 10:15 as an example), but before we actually cross the start line? I'm picturing being in the corral with a zillion people, packed in, and not allowed to move out and back in to that area. Am I thinking wrong?
Old 04-29-2013, 04:07 PM   #922
FloridaNative8
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny_nichole View Post
Hi there,

I was hoping to get your opinions to help with planning our next family vacation:

I would like to do either the Wine and Dine Half Marathon or the Disney Half in January. We're looking into taking our first Disney cruise(first cruise ever too) at the same time.

Would it be better to book a cruise before or after the race? DH thinks I might be too tired and beat up to enjoy our first cruise if I'm coming fresh off the race.

Has anyone cruised before or after a Disney half or full marathon? Can you share your experiences?

Thanks,
Jennifer

In my opinion, I would rather take a cruise after a race. Yeah, you may be a bit sore and tired, but I think it would be better that way then to expend a ton of energy before a race, and feel even more worn out afterwards.

Plus - what a great reward for finishing!

Just my two cents!

WDW - Too many visits to count!
AOA - Jan 2013 CBR - Nov 2013 POR - Jan 2014 POP - Feb 2014, Oct 2014 YC - Jan 2015
Disney Fantasy - EC, March 2013
W&D Half - 2010, 2013
Donald Half - 2013
Minnie 10K - 2014
WDW Marathon - 2014
Glass Slipper Challenge - 2014
Goofy Challenge - 2015
FloridaNative8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:59 PM   #923
peachygreen
DIS Veteran

I think I would definately run and then cruise. What a wonderful way to recover from a marathon/half marathon.

Family Trips to see the Mouse: WDW - October 2008, Nov 2012; DLR - May 2009, Oct 2012; DCL Magic - February 2011; DCL Magic - July 2012; DCL Fantasy - March 2013 Upcoming DCL - Wonder June 2014
peachygreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:19 PM   #924
OregonGirl
I'm almost always either on-location, in the sound stage or in the editing suite.

Quote:
Hi Jennifer -

I did JUST THIS two years ago when I ran my VERY FIRST 1/2 marathon, the Disney Wine & Dine in 2011!

So on top of nerves for my very first timed distance run, I knew that the very next day my DH and I (we weren't even married yet) and our two other couple friends traveling with us would have to get up early, get to Tampa, and get on a cruise ship for 7 days in the Western Caribbean. It wasn't even with Disney but with Carnival.

I had great fun at the race and even though I had jello legs for the next day or two (forgot to take advantage of my hard foam roller that I have a love/hate relationship with), I had a GREAT TIME!

So great, in fact, that we are doing a near repeat this year! For the 2013 Wine & Dine, DH and I will be getting up early the very next day to drive ourselves to Ft. Lauderdale and catch a Holland America cruise departure at 4 PM for the Eastern Caribbean. Currently (and hopefully will remain) a complete surprise to DH until like a month before we leave, and to top it all off I hope to be about 5 months pregnant.

Yes, I may be crazy, but I love running and Disney and cruises and babies, and this is the year for ALL THE THINGS to happen.

- Carey
OregonGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:25 PM   #925
skx1122
Mouseketeer

I got the small last year and it's just loose enough without looking baggy. I think they're all men sizes so you can bet on them running a bit larger.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!!! I took your advice and ordered the small when I registered TODAY!!!!

MeDHDS(7)DD(2):

Off Prop as a kid 1982, 1990 AS Sport 1999, 2009 Off Prop 2000, 2004
POR 2002 ASMo 2005 DL 1st Time! 2007 DS 1st Time 2008
AS Sport Bday Trip 2008 AKV Halloween 2010 DL 2012
Princess Half Feb. 2013
DD 2nd birthday celebration - BLT/CB split stay- June 2013
Wine and Dine Half Nov 2013 with DH to celebrate 10 years of marriage
Disney Cruise Thanksgiving 2014 on the Wonder
skx1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:00 PM   #926
jenny_nichole
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the advice - a cruise does sound like a great way to recover!

Carey - it's great to hear that you are doing this again! Best wishes with ttc!

Jennifer
jenny_nichole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:24 AM   #927
capeseal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi there,

Thanks,
Jennifer
I'm not a boat person, but I would cruise after. I think it would be a perfect way to relax after your race, especially if you have kids. This sounds terrible, but I'd love to throw mine in childcare for the day after the race so that I could take naps and rest my legs.

That said, we are completely crazy people. We will fly in on the 8th, race on the 9th and then be in the parks until the 15th! With a 5 and 2.5 year-old, it is going to probably be a very painful vacation
capeseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 12:44 PM   #928
Figment1990
DIS Veteran

If I could get that much time off work in November, we'd do the cruise after the race for certain! What an awesome plan and way to recover...

Regarding the portapotties, Pluto Baby is totally right. I saw a lot of people dashing out of the corrals just before they reached the start (maybe when the corral or two in from of them started off). I'm not sure the official line on that, but I definitely saw it happening! I'm sure they got back in somewhere too. It was right after the final bend.

Pluto - a 1:02 10k sounds like they would put you in at LEAST C. Probably B. I have nothing to go on for this other than my gut and the fact that I was in E last year with an estimated/no-proof 3:00 finish time. I'm aiming for a 1:07 10k this summer, to hopefully move up.

First trip: Mar 90, Polynesian Most recent trips: Feb '14, Princess 1/2 - GF; Jan '14, Tinker Bell 1/2 Marathon! - GCH; Nov '13, Wine & Dine 1/2Marathon - BWI! In-between: Grand Floridian, AKV-Kidani, Poly, WL, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Coronado Springs, Disneyland Hotel
Figment1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:51 PM   #929
CamColt
Mom gone wild!
B1 BINGO!

Silly as it sounds that makes me feel better. Thanks!
Old 04-30-2013, 04:40 PM   #930
Bert Chimneysweep
Earning My Ears

well I'm not running this year but I am next year

Coming from England and was planning a holiday around this time, then made a vow to get fit and thought why not combine the two!!!

So the plan now is to run this in 2014

Started my training just to see how I cope and am following the beginners Disney plan for this race and then will progress on to the more difficult one once i have got through the first one
Hollywood Studio, Orlando, Boxing Day 2008-Disney World, Orlando 2 January 2009-Disneyland, California, 26th March 2010-Disneyland Paris, 13th-15th March 2011-Disneyland, California, 28th October 2011- California Adventure, 1st November 2011-Disneyland Paris 12th-15th November 2012
Bert Chimneysweep is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: