Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2013, 02:43 PM   #751
CamColt
Only thinks she’s not losing it
Mom gone wild!
I really feel like I have a good grip on things now
B1 BINGO!

I agree. We have done a few kid free visits and none were better than last year when we did it for the F&W Festival. This is definitely the time to go kid free.

We booked our flights and we have a reservation at the Swan so now it really seems real to me!
Old 04-04-2013, 04:21 PM   #752
capeseal
DIS Veteran

Ugh! I don't know where we should book. We could do the Swan with a military discount, or book The Boardwalk and hope for a military discount or a 30% off deluxe promotion to come through for us. I really don't want to delay much longer in getting rooms booked. What to do? We've never stayed at Swan & Dolphin and I'm concerned that we won't love it...(Well, mostly concerned that my parents, who are coming to watch the kids while we race won't like it.) They REALLY like Disney deluxe resorts though we honestly can't justify them at full price.
capeseal is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-04-2013, 04:29 PM   #753
jeanigor

Top of the "list" (now, which list is it?)
Don't pee on the parquet

Quote:
Originally Posted by capeseal View Post
Ugh! I don't know where we should book. We could do the Swan with a military discount, or book The Boardwalk and hope for a military discount or a 30% off deluxe promotion to come through for us. I really don't want to delay much longer in getting rooms booked. What to do? We've never stayed at Swan & Dolphin and I'm concerned that we won't love it...(Well, mostly concerned that my parents, who are coming to watch the kids while we race won't like it.) They REALLY like Disney deluxe resorts though we honestly can't justify them at full price.
I enjoyed the Dolphin. It is a nice hotel. It isn't Disney though. It did lack the magic and ambiance. But it is hard to see the discount and turn it down.
Old 04-04-2013, 04:34 PM   #754
CamColt
Only thinks she’s not losing it
Mom gone wild!
I really feel like I have a good grip on things now
B1 BINGO!

Im a huge fan of the Swan and Dolphin. To me they are just as Disney as the Disney resorts, but a bit more luxurious. I can't imagine any place I would rather be at 4:00 am after running through WDW all night, than in one of their heavenly beds.
Old 04-04-2013, 05:59 PM   #755
Crown_princess
Disney vacation addict

Stayed at The Swan last October and it was a disaster. Room and bath old and not clean, humidity issues causing windows to fog in room, halls, and lobby. Got there and room key machine was broken. Do Not recommend Swan for folks used to Deluxes.

March 2009 FairyTale Wedding PJ
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post25294663

Wine and Dine Half Marathon 2013 Planning and TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3088379
Crown_princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:31 PM   #756
dmross
Coffee and the Castle? Happy times.

Great Race!

I'm in this fall, too. Talked my sister into it also...
dmross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:10 AM   #757
skx1122
Mouseketeer

Reassure me :)

My husband and I celebrated our 5th anniversary in WDW. We said then that we would make it a tradition for the 5s (5, 10, 15, etc.). But then we decided to celebrate DD's 2nd bday in WDW this year and had planned to do something else for #10. Enter in the Princess Half 2013 weekend - SO SO SO much fun and the start of my runDisney addiction. I've now convinced my husband (who hasn't run one step in the 10 years we have been married) to do the Wine & Dine 2013 Half for our big #10. It is the week before, but close enough

He is a healthy individual and LOVES to walk. Each time he parks the car we are in the furthest spot away. But like I said - not a runner. So if we do this, we will be keep more of a speed walk pace. Having done the Princess - I figured this was no big deal - we would fit right in!! But as I've been reading recaps on-line this week it appears that the crowd at this one is a faster crowd. Will we be okay speed walking? I figure we will average 13 min per mile (so well below the requirement), but I also want to know that we won't be alone!!!

Thanks!!

MeDHDS(7)DD(2):

Off Prop as a kid 1982, 1990 AS Sport 1999, 2009 Off Prop 2000, 2004
POR 2002 ASMo 2005 DL 1st Time! 2007 DS 1st Time 2008
AS Sport Bday Trip 2008 AKV Halloween 2010 DL 2012
Princess Half Feb. 2013
DD 2nd birthday celebration - BLT/CB split stay- June 2013
Wine and Dine Half Nov 2013 with DH to celebrate 10 years of marriage
Disney Cruise Thanksgiving 2014 on the Wonder
skx1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:27 AM   #758
jeanigor

Don't pee on the parquet

Quote:
Originally Posted by skx1122 View Post
My husband and I celebrated our 5th anniversary in WDW. We said then that we would make it a tradition for the 5s (5, 10, 15, etc.). But then we decided to celebrate DD's 2nd bday in WDW this year and had planned to do something else for #10. Enter in the Princess Half 2013 weekend - SO SO SO much fun and the start of my runDisney addiction. I've now convinced my husband (who hasn't run one step in the 10 years we have been married) to do the Wine & Dine 2013 Half for our big #10. It is the week before, but close enough

He is a healthy individual and LOVES to walk. Each time he parks the car we are in the furthest spot away. But like I said - not a runner. So if we do this, we will be keep more of a speed walk pace. Having done the Princess - I figured this was no big deal - we would fit right in!! But as I've been reading recaps on-line this week it appears that the crowd at this one is a faster crowd. Will we be okay speed walking? I figure we will average 13 min per mile (so well below the requirement), but I also want to know that we won't be alone!!!

Thanks!!
You will absolutely be fine. The Princess seems to draw more brand new racers who are in groups, which slows things down a bit. Last year I walked through the Studios. I wanted to remember some of it.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:08 AM   #759
PlutoBaby
Treat stress like a dog;pee on it and walk away.

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by skx1122 View Post

Thanks!!
You guys will be fine. There were plenty of walkers last year!

She is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are her life, her love, her leader. She will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of her heart. You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion.
PlutoBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:40 AM   #760
may2004bride
Earning My Ears

I will be running my first half marathon!! And no better place to do it!!!

Disney Magic June 2012
Port Orleans French Quarter October 2011
POP Century May 2011

Caribbean Beach Resort October 2010
POP Century May 2009
Disneyland Off Site October 2006

may2004bride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 12:11 PM   #761
schoonersky
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelleylmu View Post

Me too! I think I may be more excited about the kids free weekend than the actual race. First half for us too.
Us too! First half, kids free weekend! Too funny that for a kids free weekend we pick a) Disney and b) for a half-marathon! Lol!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

November 2013: Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon
March 2013 - Boston, MA-April 2012 - Boston, MA - March 2012 - Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica - July 2011 - Quebec City PQ - December 2010 - Disney Wonder and the Contemporary!! -August 2009 - POP Free Dining - August 2008 - POR Free DIning - March 1983 - Offsite
schoonersky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 04:05 PM   #762
Crown_princess
Disney vacation addict

I am not familiar with the kids free weekend. What does that mean?

This will be my first half marathon as well.

Old 04-05-2013, 04:07 PM   #763
Qltrgrl2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown_princess View Post
I am not familiar with the kids free weekend. What does that mean?

This will be my first half marathon as well.
The prior posters just meant that they left their kids at home and enjoyed WDW with their spouses!
Qltrgrl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 04:17 PM   #764
jeanigor

Don't pee on the parquet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qltrgrl2 View Post
The prior posters just meant that they left their kids at home and enjoyed WDW with their spouses!
AKA "Adult Time"
Old 04-05-2013, 04:20 PM   #765
Crown_princess
Disney vacation addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qltrgrl2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanigor View Post
AKA "Adult Time"
LOL.
I thought it was some sort of Disney promotion and was worrying that WDW was going to be packed shoulder to shoulder with people trying to take advantage of the promotion. Silly me.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: