Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2013, 08:31 AM   #706
CamColt
Only thinks she’s not losing it
Mom gone wild!
I really feel like I have a good grip on things now
B1 BINGO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeka65844 View Post
DH and I are official! My first Half. What have I done??????
Thats exactly how I feel.

A part of me almost wishes it was now because I hate having it hanging over my head...for 7 more months! I'm pumped for it and I just want to do it!

CamColt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:47 AM   #707
jpeka65844
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamColt View Post
Thats exactly how I feel.

A part of me almost wishes it was now because I hate having it hanging over my head...for 7 more months! I'm pumped for it and I just want to do it!
Oh, I don't want to do it now! I'm not even close to being ready.

I'm only at the 5 mile mark. Stil some work to do!

jpeka65844 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-28-2013, 03:59 PM   #708
dlbwright
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeka65844 View Post
Oh, I don't want to do it now! I'm not even close to being ready.

I'm only at the 5 mile mark. Stil some work to do!
I am with you! The farther out it is the more time I have to train! My farthest has only been 5 also. But I am doing the Biggest Loser 1/2 in June. I may not be ready, but it is only a 22 minute mile, so I can take it easy and see how really long 13.1 miles is!
Old 03-28-2013, 06:46 PM   #709
makelab
WDW nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by cimrk01 View Post
Is there a percentage number for the tickets sold for the Finish Line party for the spectators? I have a few friends thinking of coming along that haven't purchased their passes yet. Can this sell out at any moment (similar to the Cheer Squad package for the Princess) or is it unlimited?
Finish line party capacity is separate from the race registration. They will update the capacity when it goes over 50% on the registration page. So far, there is no % for the party. The 61% mentioned earlier was for the race itself. You shouldn't have a problem getting finish line party tickets.
BLT 7/2010, 9/2010 - W&D 1/2
PR 8/2009
AKL 11/2008
GF 11/2007
AKL, DCL 8/2006
AKL, DCL 8/2005
BC 8/2004
CR 8/2003
WL 8/2002
ASMo 8/2001
"What do they know? They're tourists."
makelab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 04:09 PM   #710
CampbellScot
DIS Veteran

hubs and I are officially registered for the 2013 Wine and Dine Half!! SO EXCITED!! Last year we left hours before a snow storm (sneaked out by the skin of our teeth!) and just the week before had been battered by Sandy. We'd been breathing fireplace air for 10 days straight before the power finally came back. My husband's asthma was so bad he could barely breathe, let alone run. He had an asthma attack the morning of the race and we spent about six hours at the ER in Celebration. Needless to say we did not get to run. We are looking for redemption this year. We are praying for clear weather, NO HURRICANES and super health!!! Wine and Dine Half--HERE WE COME!!!

CampbellScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 07:47 PM   #711
bjakmom

DIS Veteran
Tag Fairies DO have a lot of love to go around!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampbellScot View Post
We are praying for clear weather, NO HURRICANES and super health!!! Wine and Dine Half--HERE WE COME!!!
Yes! ^^THIS^^ for 2013
Old 03-29-2013, 11:53 PM   #712
LoveMyMoos
Mouseketeer

Is anyone else nervous about eating/fueling for a night race? I've only done morning races, outside of a couple of short races here and there. It seemed easier to get a diet plan down for the early morning half marathons. I'm afraid of eating too much or not enough during the day leading up to it.
Nov 2013 POFQ Wine and Dine 1/2 Marathon Jan 2014 Paradise Pier DL Tink 1/2 Marathon Feb 2014 Contemporary Glass Slipper Challenge
LoveMyMoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 01:16 AM   #713
ludari
DIS Veteran

I registered again for W&D. This will be my third time in a row.
DLR/DCA - Too many times to count; Tokyo Disneyland-Aug 1986; DCL Magic WBTA-Sept 2010; DCL Wonder Cruise to Nowhere-Jan 2011; DCL Wonder Mexican Rivera Cruise-Jan 2011; Princess Half Marathon-Feb 2011; DLR 5K & Half Marathon-Sept 2011; DCL Wonder Repo Cruise-Sept 2011; Wine&Dine Half Marathon-Oct 2011; WDW 5K & Half Marathon-Jan 2012; Tinker Bell 5K & Half Marathon-Jan 2012; Princess 5K & Half Marathon-Feb 2012; DCL Fantasy Maiden Cruise-Mar 2012; Expedition Everest Challenge-May 2012; DLR Half Marathon-Sept 2012; Disney/Pixar Wonder Cruise-Sept 2012; Tower of Terror 10-Miler and 5K-Sept 2012; Wine&Dine 5K & Half Marathon-Nov 2012; Goofy Challenge & 5K-Jan 2013; Tinker Bell 5K & Half Marathon-Jan 2013; Disney Aulani Resort-May 2013; Club 33-July 2013; Dumbo Double Dare-Sept 2013; Tower of Terror 10-Miler-Oct 2013; Dopey Challenge-Jan 2014; Tinker Bell 5K, 10K & Half Marathon-Jan 2014; Dumbo Double Dare-Sept 2014; DCL Magic Westbound Transatlantic Cruise-Sept 2014; Avengers Super Heroes 5K & Half-Nov 2014; Star Wars Rebel Challenge & 5K-Jan 2014

ludari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 07:45 AM   #714
zgirls
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMyMoos View Post
Is anyone else nervous about eating/fueling for a night race? I've only done morning races, outside of a couple of short races here and there. It seemed easier to get a diet plan down for the early morning half marathons. I'm afraid of eating too much or not enough during the day leading up to it.
I am only worried that I partake in too much food an beverages during the day
Drink plenty of water and eat like you normally would, no need to change it up for a night run.
Best advice is to do a few evening training runs and see how you feel.

SSR Nov'07, Dec '08, Dec'09, July '10, Jan. '11, Dec'11, Nov'13, May '14, Aug'14

Wine & Dine 2013
Flower & Garden 2009, 2014
Marathon Weekend 2011
zgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 12:03 PM   #715
Crown_princess
Disney vacation addict

To the person who ordered the Zazzle shirt....I would like to see a picture of your shirt, when you have it corrected. I'm curious.

March 2009 FairyTale Wedding PJ
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post25294663

Wine and Dine Half Marathon 2013 Planning and TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3088379
Crown_princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 12:14 PM   #716
Crown_princess
Disney vacation addict

Training, planning, etc

Hi, Fellow Runners!

I got up this morning to run and decided I needed breakfast so I had to find something to do while I digest...don't want to get stomach cramps. Thought I would get online and see if I could find any planning/discussion about the marathon. My planning hasn't gone beyond registering and training yet.

I'm registered for the half marathon and am on week 4 of the Jeff Galloway Beginners training plan. It's an effective plan so far. Today I am to run 5 miles, the furthest distance I have ever ran. I may have to walk some. Last Sunday I ran 4 miles and walked very little, but my sister in law (super amazing shape) was there to be my "pace car". Running alone is tough.

So next weekend I am going to meet up with the Jeff Galloway training group for my city (Long Beach, CA), and run with them. I am hoping I like the people and that the dynamics of the group are good because I just don't see myself running long runs alone (when I get to that level). I have to add I really wish it didn't cost $100 to join. But my DH says if we are going to sink money into the registration, hotel, airfare, etc, $100 isn't bad to ensure I am successful. He's right...as always!

Speaking of DH...today is our 4th Wedding anniversary, and we were married at WDW, wedding pavilion.

So has anyone started booking their hotels and other reservations yet?
If I don't stay at a hotel that is a pick up location for transporting runners to the start line, how will I get to the start line? Can I just go to the hotel where the pick up is and still get on the bus? What do you recommend?
DH and I kind of want to stay at AKL or CR (DVC), but those are not pick up points and I am a bit concerned about logistics since I have never ran a race at WDW.

March 2009 FairyTale Wedding PJ
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post25294663

Wine and Dine Half Marathon 2013 Planning and TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3088379
Crown_princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 04:47 PM   #717
crewmatt
DIS Veteran

I booked at Saratoga. If you're not at a host resort you can either:
1) get to a host resort - if you have park hopping then you can easily walk thru Epcot to boardwalk,beach or yacht club
2) get to Epcot - they had shuttle buses from the parking lot to the start. If you have a rental car you can also park there
3) taxi

crewmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 03:39 PM   #718
schoonersky
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone! Just checking in! I will get the list updated but it will be a few days, I am REALLY busy at work right now and just don't have time for anything personal. But soon it will be over, spring is arriving and training will begin full force!! Happy Easter to those who celebrate, Happy Passover to others!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

November 2013: Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon
March 2013 - Boston, MA-April 2012 - Boston, MA - March 2012 - Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica - July 2011 - Quebec City PQ - December 2010 - Disney Wonder and the Contemporary!! -August 2009 - POP Free Dining - August 2008 - POR Free DIning - March 1983 - Offsite
schoonersky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 04:49 PM   #719
kaf7878
Disney Addict!

Looks like I'm out. My plantar fasciitis has been out of control and running the Disney Half in January and Gasparilla in February certainly didn't help. I finally went to the podiatrist and am hopefully on a slow course to recovery. Hopefully next year!

In Training: 2015 Disney Half Marathon (possibly 2014 Wine and Dine)

Finisher 2013 Disney Half Marathon, 2006 Disney Marathon and 2005 Half Marathon
kaf7878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:20 AM   #720
PlutoBaby
Treat stress like a dog;pee on it and walk away.

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampbellScot View Post
hubs and I are officially registered for the 2013 Wine and Dine Half!! SO EXCITED!! Last year we left hours before a snow storm (sneaked out by the skin of our teeth!) and just the week before had been battered by Sandy. We'd been breathing fireplace air for 10 days straight before the power finally came back. My husband's asthma was so bad he could barely breathe, let alone run. He had an asthma attack the morning of the race and we spent about six hours at the ER in Celebration. Needless to say we did not get to run. We are looking for redemption this year. We are praying for clear weather, NO HURRICANES and super health!!! Wine and Dine Half--HERE WE COME!!!
Wow! Talk about a bad time! Here's to wishing you and the DH a MUCH better time this time around. And I LOVE the great attitude!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMyMoos View Post
I had that concern myself last year as I had never run a race that started that late. I had a light breakfast, had a grilled chicken salad around 1pm, then went back to the hotel and just laid down until around 5pm. Then I had a part of a turkey sub (wasn't that hungry) and got ready to go. Since I got to the start around 7:30 and had alot of time to kill before the start, I had a protein bar around 9pm. I was a little hungry by the time I started about 10:30pm but it wasn't too bad. This year I'll make sure to try and eat a little more around dinnertime. I also made sure to keep drinking all day long, without going overboard and having to run to the bathroom every 5 minutes. It was humid but nothing I'm not used to, but I think sometimes that can affect your hydration also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludari View Post
I registered again for W&D. This will be my third time in a row.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgirls View Post
I am only worried that I partake in too much food an beverages during the day
Drink plenty of water and eat like you normally would, no need to change it up for a night run.
Best advice is to do a few evening training runs and see how you feel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown_princess View Post
To the person who ordered the Zazzle shirt....I would like to see a picture of your shirt, when you have it corrected. I'm curious.

Will do if I can figure out how to add a picture here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown_princess View Post
Hi, Fellow Runners!

I got up this morning to run and decided I needed breakfast so I had to find something to do while I digest...don't want to get stomach cramps. Thought I would get online and see if I could find any planning/discussion about the marathon. My planning hasn't gone beyond registering and training yet.

I'm registered for the half marathon and am on week 4 of the Jeff Galloway Beginners training plan. It's an effective plan so far. Today I am to run 5 miles, the furthest distance I have ever ran. I may have to walk some. Last Sunday I ran 4 miles and walked very little, but my sister in law (super amazing shape) was there to be my "pace car". Running alone is tough.

So next weekend I am going to meet up with the Jeff Galloway training group for my city (Long Beach, CA), and run with them. I am hoping I like the people and that the dynamics of the group are good because I just don't see myself running long runs alone (when I get to that level). I have to add I really wish it didn't cost $100 to join. But my DH says if we are going to sink money into the registration, hotel, airfare, etc, $100 isn't bad to ensure I am successful. He's right...as always!

Speaking of DH...today is our 4th Wedding anniversary, and we were married at WDW, wedding pavilion.

So has anyone started booking their hotels and other reservations yet?
If I don't stay at a hotel that is a pick up location for transporting runners to the start line, how will I get to the start line? Can I just go to the hotel where the pick up is and still get on the bus? What do you recommend?
DH and I kind of want to stay at AKL or CR (DVC), but those are not pick up points and I am a bit concerned about logistics since I have never ran a race at WDW.
I used Galloway to train for last year's race. Other than skipping some of the really long runs due to ITBS, I felt ready come race day. I love the plan and found it was worth the time and effort to follow it.

I'm staying at the Royal Plaza near Downtown Disney. They have a contracted taxi service that we'll take to Epcot and then hop on a bus to WWoS. Then we'll just call to have them pick us back up after the party. And FYI everybody....got the Party tix on Saturday!! Yippee!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaf7878 View Post
Looks like I'm out. My plantar fasciitis has been out of control and running the Disney Half in January and Gasparilla in February certainly didn't help. I finally went to the podiatrist and am hopefully on a slow course to recovery. Hopefully next year!
Take care of you and keep in mind, I THINK next year is the 5th Anniversary so the bling should be extra awesome!!:

She is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are her life, her love, her leader. She will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of her heart. You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion.
PlutoBaby is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: