Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2013, 07:37 PM   #646
Figment1990
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorK
Silly question: Do they have Photopass Photographers at the characters along the way? Or is there a CM who can take pictures? Or do you just recruit other people standing in line to take a picture with your phone or camera?
Not a silly question. They have race photo company photographers at most characters but not all over the place so it's sort of a mix of photo company and other runners. The last two years wine and dine used bright room for photos.

First trip: Mar 90, Polynesian Most recent trips: Feb '14, Princess 1/2 - GF; Jan '14, Tinker Bell 1/2 Marathon! - GCH; Nov '13, Wine & Dine 1/2Marathon - BWI! In-between: Grand Floridian, AKV-Kidani, Poly, WL, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Coronado Springs, Disneyland Hotel
Figment1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:38 PM   #647
DoctorK
Mouseketeer

Oh, I thought Brightroom was only for the racing photos. So, if I just want to tweet a picture of me with a character, will they take the picture with my camera the way Disney Photopass photographers will?
DoctorK is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-18-2013, 08:42 PM   #648
DCbride
DIS Veteran

Last year was my first time and we really wanted to soak it all in- so we stopped and took a picture at every mile marker Almost every time we found a walker who was more than willing to take our picture. At character stops, there is usually about 5 or more people in line for the photo and everyone was very helpful.

Disney Trips with the kids 1993 Poly 1995 BC 1996 Dixie Landings 1998 BC 2001 SoG 2004 SoG 2006 Dolphin 2008 Magic Villa 3, Mickey's Clubhouse 2009 CSR in March, April, Aug. Sept & Nov 2010 CSR, WL & WL CL, SoG 2011 SoG, CSR, SoG, Mariott, Kidani 2012 Marriott, BC, WLV/AoA 2013 Marriott, AoA, AoA 2014 Pop, Omni, BC, Bay Lake
DCbride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:43 AM   #649
jeanigor

Top of the "list" (now, which list is it?)
Don't pee on the parquet

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorK View Post
Oh, I thought Brightroom was only for the racing photos. So, if I just want to tweet a picture of me with a character, will they take the picture with my camera the way Disney Photopass photographers will?
The Brightroom photographers will take photos on course and at some character stops.
The Brightroom photographer will not take one with your camera/phone as a WDW Photopass Photographer will. The character attendant or a fellow racer will.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:20 AM   #650
jeanigor

Don't pee on the parquet

Couldn't wait any longer. Had to stop dragging my feet. I registered this morning.
Old 03-19-2013, 07:12 PM   #651
DoctorK
Mouseketeer

How often are the percentages updated? Daily or weekly maybe? It's still at 53% today.
DoctorK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:36 PM   #652
BeaJeets
Earning My Ears

Corrals

This will be my first Disney Half and I am sooooo excited! What times has anyone submitted in the past to be moved up in a corral? Just wanting to know how the corrals are spaced. Thanks!
BeaJeets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:51 PM   #653
mickeysgal
Orange you glad I like Knock Knock jokes?
"I am Mrs. Nesbitt" - Buzz Lightyear

Registered!
mickeysgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:41 PM   #654
cewait
DIS Veteran

Location: At the intersection of Ocoee, Winter Garden and Windermere... I hear 'WISHES thunder' every night at 10pm

Quote:
How often are the percentages updated? Daily or weekly maybe? It's still at 53% today.
Generally weekly, or so. The period between updates will fall if a significant change occurs. The entry pace will pick up as price increases near then as the percentages pass through the 85-90% range the entry rate can pick up and jump quickly. Jumping to 50+%this quickly would have one believe that the race will close to entry in June - or quicker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeaJeets View Post
This will be my first Disney Half and I am sooooo excited! What times has anyone submitted in the past to be moved up in a corral? Just wanting to know how the corrals are spaced. Thanks!
Just estimating, an estimated 2:45 or less will get you into C. Something in the sub 2:20 range in the B corral and a sub 2 in the A. This can and will change depending on the number of entries along with the times estimated on those entries. Use an online calculator like McMillan to estimate your time based on a 10 k. runDisney uses a slightly different formula, but this is a good approximation.
Endurance Coach
Running Disney since 99

I don't want easy - just possible

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cewait/
cewait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:51 AM   #655
Skampigirl
To all who have come to this happy place, welcome!

Walking to Yacht Club After the Race...

Hi everyone,

I'm in!! So excited! We usually stay at POR or the Polynesian (so glad they have added these as options! ), however we think we may try the Beach or Yacht Club as we have never stayed there before. My chief chEARleader (Mom) will be waiting at the finish line, but we likely won't be attending the after party. Will we still be able to walk through EPCOT to the Yacht Club after the race, or will I need to buy Mom a party ticket?

Also, I've heard some iffy things about the availability of quick service food at the YC. Any thoughts?

I'm just full of questions, but so looking forward to race weekend!

Thanks for your advice!!

September 2012 / Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10 miler and Mickey's Happy Haunted Trail 5K / Port Orleans Riverside -- January 2013 - Tinkerbell Half Marathon & Neverland 5K, Disneyland / Disneyland Hotel -- November 2013 - Jingle Jungle 5K & Wine & Dine Half Marathon - Port Orleans Riverside -- January 2014 - Girlfriend trip, WL CL -- April 2014 - Mom trip - Boardwalk Inn -- August 2014 - Trip of a Lifetime - Adventures By Disney Cowboys & Canyons (Arizona and Utah) !

Last edited by Skampigirl; 03-20-2013 at 09:49 AM.
Skampigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:58 AM   #656
PlutoBaby
Treat stress like a dog;pee on it and walk away.

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figment1990 View Post
Perhaps I was distracted by my snarky stream-of-consciousness inner commentary at that point. It went something like, "Thank god we are finally in AK and off that tilted roadway-but wow it smells in here and not like runners-never was an Animal Kingdom fan anyhow - was there supposed to be a water stop somewhere in here?-where's everest?-oh look a bathroom - I think I'll go now and avoid the port-a-potties if possible-oh hmmm... garmin lost satelite connection in the bathroom-what does that mean?-oh look, I saw that guy before - oh THERE's Everest-aren't all these cast members so nice?-YIKES look at that crocodile statue -scared the bejeezus outta me! Thank goodness it's not real. Are there still people behind me???? I'm still on pace, right???!"

Quote:
I only stopped a couple of times, but the Cast Members were awesome about taking pictures with whatever you wanted to give them, phone, camera, sketch pad...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanigor View Post
Couldn't wait any longer. Had to stop dragging my feet. I registered this morning.
Yippee!!! You were in last year's picture right? What were you wearing? I'm trying to put faces with names.

BTW-If anyone knows how to use KT tape for IT band issues, please let me know. I'm getting desparate here! Thx!!

She is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are her life, her love, her leader. She will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of her heart. You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion.

Last edited by PlutoBaby; 03-20-2013 at 10:25 AM.
PlutoBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:05 AM   #657
jeanigor

Don't pee on the parquet

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoBaby View Post
Yippee!!! You were in last year's picture right? What were you wearing? I'm trying to put faces with names.
Nope didn't make it for the photo. I was waiting for a photo with Chef Mickey.
Old 03-20-2013, 10:12 AM   #658
capeseal
DIS Veteran

I thought you guys would appreciate the fact that I dreamt about running this race last night. Unfortunately, the first two miles were laps around my living room. I remember thinking it was pretty lame of Disney not to offer any characters for that portion

As long as it doesn't suddenly sell out, I am registering April 1st. Still not sure about poor DH with his tendonitis but I am also going to sign up DD (and possibly DS because I could see him feeling very left out otherwise) for the kids' races. When we did ToT, i was surprised about how upset DD (4) was about not being a part of the races. She runs the track with me once a week now to "train." Really, she just runs one or two laps and then kicks around a soccer ball while I finish speed work.
capeseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:25 AM   #659
FloridaNative8
Mouseketeer

I'm looking at the registration for the 5K, and I don't see a stroller division... and when you go to register, it says:

5K: All ages are welcome to participate. Each participant must be able to complete the 5K on their own.

So, does that mean no strollers are allowed for this race? The way it's worded makes me think not, but Just wanted to get another set of eyes on this to see if I'm misunderstanding something!

Thank you!!

WDW - Too many visits to count!
AOA - Jan 2013 CBR - Nov 2013 POR - Jan 2014 POP - Feb 2014, Oct 2014 YC - Jan 2015
Disney Fantasy - EC, March 2013
W&D Half - 2010, 2013
Donald Half - 2013
Minnie 10K - 2014
WDW Marathon - 2014
Glass Slipper Challenge - 2014
Goofy Challenge - 2015
FloridaNative8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:06 AM   #660
DisneyRunnerGirl
If you see me sitting in a rocking chair, it's because I'm tying my running shoes.

I'm in!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: