Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2013, 09:33 AM   #406
MoonFaerie
DIS Veteran

What are the chances that Disney will add more host hotels? I'm really disappointed in the options right now. I can't imagine we'll be able to swing a deluxe again, and the only moderate we have zero interest in staying at is the only moderate that's a host hotel.
Old 03-02-2013, 10:36 AM   #407
bigtony777
Disney Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonFaerie View Post
What are the chances that Disney will add more host hotels? I'm really disappointed in the options right now. I can't imagine we'll be able to swing a deluxe again, and the only moderate we have zero interest in staying at is the only moderate that's a host hotel.
We still don't know the host resort options yet so hopefully one will meet your wishes. I did the same thing and followed the link to the travel page, but it is still listing the 2012 info. I know it is foolish of me to think that a Disney website would be set up properly. They shouldn't have the 2012 W&D travel info listed still when the link from the 2013 race site sends you there.

Upcoming: 12/14 - AKV, 11/15 - BWV (W&D 1/2), 11/15 - Magic Bahamas Cruise

2014: Nov - BWV (W&D 1/2), July - BWV, Mar - BLT, Jan - VGC
2013: Dec - AS Sports/BWV , Nov - BWV(W&D 1/2), June - BWV/BCV, ), Mar - BLT/Fantasy Western Caribbean, Jan - BWV (Goofy Race & 1/2)
2012: Nov - BWV (W&D 1/2), Aug - Offsite (Disneyland 1/2), June - BCV/WLV, Mar - AKV
2011: Dec - Pop/AS Movies, Nov - Pop, Oct - Dream Bahamas Cruise, BCV (W&D 1/2), July - Pop, June - Offsite, April - Pop
2010: Oct – Wilderness Lodge, AS Music (W&D 1/2), July – Caribbean Beach, April - Pop
2009: Dec – Offsite, Nov - Caribbean Beach, Oct - Coronado Springs, April - Pop
2007: July - Offsite
bigtony777 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-02-2013, 01:18 PM   #408
MouserQ
Earning My Ears

So, I just got back from my very first RunDisney event, the PHM. It was so much fun! Crazy humid, crazy crowded, I hurt my foot, and I couldn't imagine having a better time.

That said, I'm totally in for the W&D next year! And I've even convinced one of my friends that she should join me Now I'm working on convincing two more...

It'll have to be a whirlwind trip for me again (as was the PHM). These races certainly aren't planned around teaching schedules! I think I'll take Friday off and fly down on Thursday night, spend Friday wearing myself out at the parks and staying up late to prepare for a late night night on Saturday, sleep in on Saturday, go to the expo, eat a big lunch, and then nap/rest until racetime so I can party alllllll night!

I'm already so excited, you guys!
Old 03-02-2013, 01:48 PM   #409
cimrk01
Mouseketeer

When do they usually announce this years host hotels? Anxious to book a reservation already

cimrk01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 01:58 PM   #410
Suited Deuces
Earning My Ears

I'm curious also... I booked my room last year on March 2....
Suited Deuces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 03:49 PM   #411
capeseal
DIS Veteran

Nothing like the flu to derail your training. Pre-illness, I was running 4 miles at a 10:15 pace. Two weeks post-influenza, I am running 2 miles at an 11:00 minute mile pace. Hoping that my body starts recovering a little more quickly in the next week or two.
capeseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 06:38 PM   #412
MoonFaerie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtony777 View Post
We still don't know the host resort options yet so hopefully one will meet your wishes. I did the same thing and followed the link to the travel page, but it is still listing the 2012 info. I know it is foolish of me to think that a Disney website would be set up properly. They shouldn't have the 2012 W&D travel info listed still when the link from the 2013 race site sends you there.
I should have realized that was the 2012 info. After all, just a few weeks ago, some of the online info was still telling us to pick up our Princess Half bibs in Disneyland.

I hope they release the host hotels soon. I'm hoping we can rent points to stay at BCV or BWV, but I promised DH I'd wait until our tax refund gets here for that. My top choices for value and mod are Pop and POFQ, but neither of those were choices last year. Though I suppose we could take a taxi to/from a host hotel.
Old 03-02-2013, 09:06 PM   #413
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

I think with W&D the host resort isn't as big a deal. At least that's how it looks to me. You can get hotel transpo to Epcot, then take the race transpo from there, right? At least that's how I was reading the website.

Getting home after the party you might need a cab though. Not sure if they run resort buses all night- they might since friends and family who aren't running can attend the after party. But not sure how that works.

Annnnnddddd.... I'm going! Husband wanted C2C (doing DDD) but didnt want to travel to WDW by himself... so I get to go with him! super excited for an adult runcation. Staying at BC with a discount through a travel agent who has a block of rooms. Still costly, but we are making it an anniversary present to ourselves.

Super excited!

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
longhorns2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 09:14 PM   #414
MoonFaerie
DIS Veteran

I've talked my DH into doing the 5K with me that morning, so we'll need the transportation that morning. Plus getting to the expo on Friday. I suppose we could take taxis, but that would add up. If we wind up not finding a good deal on a flight and drive, it won't be a big deal, but I'm still holding out hope that we can fly.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:40 AM   #415
smileyk8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by capeseal
Nothing like the flu to derail your training. Pre-illness, I was running 4 miles at a 10:15 pace. Two weeks post-influenza, I am running 2 miles at an 11:00 minute mile pace. Hoping that my body starts recovering a little more quickly in the next week or two.
I'm sure it'll pick right up once you feel well! Don't hurry back to speed, enjoy being back out with your running shoes first

I had my first run in 4weeks yesterday after tweaking my achilles. Looking forward to starting to build up the miles again with you guys :D
Boston Marathon 2009 4hrs 22minsPrincess half marathon 2009 1hour 56mins, 57secs Walt Disney World Marathon 2010 4hrs 7minsRoyal parks half 2010 1:52:19WDW Wine and Dine 2013 1:50:16
smileyk8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:06 AM   #416
tiffrobyn
Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming swimming swimming swimming.

Come on RunDisney! Update the host resorts! You're killing me!
tiffrobyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 12:00 PM   #417
Pleglech
Mouseketeer

Count me in! Signed up at the Princess expo
Pleglech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:00 PM   #418
TinkerPlouffe
Earning My Ears

Hey everyone!!

I ran my first half marathon this year at the TINKERBELL HALF.. and LOVED IT!!! <3 <3 <3 So here I am... Waiting for the registration to open for the Wine and Dine! Coast to Coast baby!

But I have a question for ya all!

Should I consider doing the 5k as well?? a 5k isnt crazy.. but the fact that its technically the same DAY as the Wine and Dine half is a little banana's.

So what do you all think? Should I do it? Is it banana's? Crap... I think Im a disney run addict.

Which reminds me...

Dear Bank Account... Please dont hate me. Love, Kristine

TinkerPlouffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:12 PM   #419
PlutoBaby
Treat stress like a dog;pee on it and walk away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerPlouffe View Post
Hey everyone!!

I ran my first half marathon this year at the TINKERBELL HALF.. and LOVED IT!!! <3 <3 <3 So here I am... Waiting for the registration to open for the Wine and Dine! Coast to Coast baby!

But I have a question for ya all!

Should I consider doing the 5k as well?? a 5k isnt crazy.. but the fact that its technically the same DAY as the Wine and Dine half is a little banana's.

So what do you all think? Should I do it? Is it banana's? Crap... I think Im a disney run addict.

Which reminds me...

Dear Bank Account... Please dont hate me. Love, Kristine

Welcome my friend and feel the addiction...

She is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are her life, her love, her leader. She will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of her heart. You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion.
PlutoBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:17 PM   #420
andrea9873
Mouseketeer

All signed up for W&D

Hi everyone! Glad I found this thread...we signed up for W&D at the PHM expo where they gave us cool backpacks for signing up early. We tentatively have a 1 bedroom Bay Lake villa booked for that weekend...not knowing if it's even a host resort or not. DH wants me to switch to BCV though, i have to wait for our call in window.

I'm training for a few other races throughout the spring and then focusing this summer on training in the humidity to be ready for Florida's crazy weather.

First Trip to WDW with our DD (10) and DS (7) All Star Sports - April 2002.**Blessed with DVC, Beach Club Villas - March 2003, Villas at Wilderness Lodge - July 16 - 24, 2005, Vero Beach Resort July 24 - 27, 2005, Animal Kingdom Lodge July 27 - 30, 2005, Beach Club Villas & Coronado Springs - March 2006, Sheraton Vistana Villas / Beach Club Villas / Disney's Hilton Head Island, SC - July 2006, Disney Cruise 3 nights - Jan 17 - 20, 2008, Saratoga Springs Resort Feb 27 - March 3 2009, Animal Kingdom Villas / Old Key West Villas August 13 - 19 2009, Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort June 13 - 19, 2010, Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort / Disney's Boardwalk Villas December 23 - 28, 2010 The Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge Feb 10 - 12, 2011 (Romantic getaway with DH) / BLT Oct 2011

andrea9873 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: