Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2013, 04:31 PM   #196
UGAFan0829
DIS Veteran

Please forgive me if this has already been covered, but I went back several pages and didn't see it...Anyone have any idea of around about when registration may open?
Thanks!
UGAFan0829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:51 PM   #197
bungchiwow
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGAFan0829 View Post
Please forgive me if this has already been covered, but I went back several pages and didn't see it...Anyone have any idea of around about when registration may open?
Thanks!
March 12th.
bungchiwow is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-29-2013, 04:51 PM   #198
McCoy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGAFan0829 View Post
Thanks!
Registration appears to be scheduled to open on March 12, 2013.

It is possible this might change though, because the RunDisney website for this event seemingly has been changing quite a bit for the last few days (i.e. every time I go on to check, it seems to revert back and forth between current info and dates and 2012's dates.) As of right now, the site shows all of last year's information and dates, but under the Registration tab displays the registration opening date I listed above.
McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:08 PM   #199
schoonersky
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoBaby
Since I have absolutely NO patience , and can't wait for race weekend to get here, I decided to go online and design a shirt for this year's race. Can you say hyper much??!!??
Are you going to share your masterpiece with us? Would love to see it!

November 2013: Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon
March 2013 - Boston, MA-April 2012 - Boston, MA - March 2012 - Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica - July 2011 - Quebec City PQ - December 2010 - Disney Wonder and the Contemporary!! -August 2009 - POP Free Dining - August 2008 - POR Free DIning - March 1983 - Offsite
schoonersky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:08 PM   #200
schoonersky
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by capeseal
It is looking more likely that we will be doing the race! We were able to get a refund on our Southwest tickets for a trip we can no longer take do to DH's coming deployment. Since they were only going to refund DH's ticket (they were bought using a credit from another trip that the military forced us to postpone and we weren't able to extend the credits any longer), I wasn't sure how we would afford the trip in November but now with the refund we are all set for airfare. I really really hope we can make the trip happen so that we can run in November!
Fingers crossed!!

March 2013 - Boston, MA-April 2012 - Boston, MA - March 2012 - Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica - July 2011 - Quebec City PQ - December 2010 - Disney Wonder and the Contemporary!! -August 2009 - POP Free Dining - August 2008 - POR Free DIning - March 1983 - Offsite
Old 01-29-2013, 06:12 PM   #201
schoonersky
Mouseketeer

Here's my registration question. Do you have to create a profile before you can register? Should we be doing that now to save time when registration opens? I don't want to miss out on getting registered. Did they let people early register for Wine and Dine during WDW Marathon Weekend, or Tinkerbell, or even Princess weekend coming up I wonder? Just want to get my and DH's registration in and worried about it getting partly full before registration even officially opens. Lol.

Last edited by schoonersky; 01-29-2013 at 08:02 PM.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:17 PM   #202
fozziepitysthefool
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by schoonersky View Post
First Post is Up-to-date! We are a growing group!!! Let me know if I missed you or put you in the wrong place!

Me too + DS!
fozziepitysthefool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:23 PM   #203
fozziepitysthefool
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoBaby View Post
Since I have absolutely NO patience , and can't wait for race weekend to get here, I decided to go online and design a shirt for this year's race. Can you say hyper much??!!??

Do you have a preferred site for the t-shirt design?
fozziepitysthefool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:33 PM   #204
capeseal
DIS Veteran

I realize this is all speculation, but does anyone suspect that this year's race will sell out quickly? I know it doesn't typically but the way registration for the Disneyland half went is making me a little nervous. I would rather not commit to this race until May.
capeseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:37 PM   #205
Rose&Mike
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by capeseal View Post
I realize this is all speculation, but does anyone suspect that this year's race will sell out quickly? I know it doesn't typically but the way registration for the Disneyland half went is making me a little nervous. I would rather not commit to this race until May.
Disneyland sold out pretty quickly last year, too. I don't know if it will make it until May, but I don't think it will go as fast as Tinkerbell and Disneyland.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:47 AM   #206
jeanigor

Top of the "list" (now, which list is it?)
Don't pee on the parquet

Quote:
Here's my registration question. Do you have to create a profile before you can register? Should we be doing that now to save time when registration opens? I don't want to miss out on getting registered. Did they let people early register for Wine and Dine during WDW Marathon Weekend, or Tinkerbell, or even Princess weekend coming up I wonder? Just want to get my and DH's registration in and worried about it getting partly full before registration even officially opens. Lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by capeseal View Post
It can't hurt to fill out an account beforehand. Shouldn't be required though. California races sell out much faster than Florida ones. Just like park visitors, there is a larger number of locals (or within a couple hour drive) for DL races. In addition, the runDisney brand is doing particularly well at advertising and getting people on the course, so there is increased demand. Also there are fewer races on the West Coast as opposed to Florida, therefore limiting supply. Last year they added the Tinkerbell and that drove up excitement for the DL½. This year they added the 10K & Dumbo Double Dare, increasing demand and only slightly increasing supply. The Florida races can also handle more race participants than the California ones.

Although I will be one of the ones signing up the day registration opens, I will only be doing it because of my impulsiveness, not because I feel it will sell out as quickly as the DL½.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:50 AM   #207
PlutoBaby
Treat stress like a dog;pee on it and walk away.

Talking

Quote:
Are you going to share your masterpiece with us? Would love to see it!
I can't figure out how to post it here, but I found a great wine picture, added a little Mickey Mouse head and a witty saying front and back. I designed it on Zazzle.com. Just holding it there until registered. And in honor of the W.I.S.H.'ers, I added my name in WISH green!

She is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are her life, her love, her leader. She will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of her heart. You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion.
PlutoBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:50 AM   #208
PlutoBaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by fozziepitysthefool View Post
Do you have a preferred site for the t-shirt design?
Zazzle.com

She is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are her life, her love, her leader. She will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of her heart. You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:52 AM   #209
PlutoBaby

[QUOTE=jeanigor;47353321]It can't hurt to fill out an account beforehand. Shouldn't be required though. California races sell out much faster than Florida ones. Just like park visitors, there is a larger number of locals (or within a couple hour drive) for DL races. In addition, the runDisney brand is doing particularly well at advertising and getting people on the course, so there is increased demand. Also there are fewer races on the West Coast as opposed to Florida, therefore limiting supply. Last year they added the Tinkerbell and that drove up excitement for the DL½. This year they added the 10K & Dumbo Double Dare, increasing demand and only slightly increasing supply. The Florida races can also handle more race participants than the California ones.

Although I will be one of the ones signing up the day registration opens, I will only be doing it because of my impulsiveness, not because I feel it will sell out as quickly as the DL½.[/QUOTE]

Right there with ya!

Old 01-30-2013, 08:00 AM   #210
schoonersky
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoBaby

I can't figure out how to post it here, but I found a great wine picture, added a little Mickey Mouse head and a witty saying front and back. I designed it on Zazzle.com. Just holding it there until registered. And in honor of the W.I.S.H.'ers, I added my name in WISH green!
Sounds cool! Good idea with the saying on back too!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: