Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2012, 11:23 PM   #1
asc72
Earning My Ears

Cars Land Fastpass...

I was curious if its worth trying to get a Fastpass for Cars Land tomorrow morning? We do not have Early Entry, so I assume guests from the hotels will line up before the park opens at 9 am. By the time we get through the gates, would the passes be gone?

We waited 70 minutes today, got on the ride and then it shut down about 30 seconds in. We had to be evac'd and the ride didn't reopen, so the re-entry fastpasses they gave us expired. :-(
asc72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:29 AM   #2
Eeee-va
Happiest robot on Earth

Sorry about your experience!

Yes, hotel guests will be able to line up for Cars Land FPs before you can go through the line to get yours.

I am no expert, but here's my experience as a hotel guest last week (thank you, DIS Unplugged!).

On Thursday, a non-DCA Early Entry Day, signs said RSR was down until noon. We arrived at the gates maybe a little after the park opened and got FPs with a return time sometime around 3 or 4 PM.

On Friday, an Early Entry Day for DCA, we as hotel guests got in the FP line maybe 8:50 for a 9 AM opening, so we weren't at the end but certainly weren't at the front. RSR had a substantial line when we entered, but I'm not certain if it was running. Anyway, we got a FP with a return time before 11 AM. The park closed at 9 PM that Friday, so I would imagine anyone who arrived at the front gates by park opening would have had no problem getting a FP, even if it was for a later time.

Hope you get to ride tomorrow!
Eeee-va is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-09-2012, 06:38 AM   #3
Girimama33
"I've disgraced the forces of evil."

If you are there at park opening, you shouldn't have a problem obtaining one.

Posted from Disney Forums Reader for Android
Old 11-09-2012, 09:01 AM   #4
scrapshappen
Mouseketeer

Can anyone enlighten us when they are running out of FP these days?

Also, are they enforcing FP return times at RSR right now?
scrapshappen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:07 AM   #5
snvanvl
Earning My Ears

2 weeks ago on a Saturday we got a fastpass at 9:45 AM and the return time was for 4:15pm. So they are not running out super fast. There also was no line to get a fastpass I just walked right up and got them.
snvanvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:27 AM   #6
DLR29
We're cheap college kids
It's all in how you tour
We wouldn't want to be left on a cliffhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapshappen View Post
Can anyone enlighten us when they are running out of FP these days?

Also, are they enforcing FP return times at RSR right now?
FP seems to be running out about 2-2 1/2 hours after DCA officially opens.

They are not enforcing FP return times at any attraction at DLR.
Bouncy!
DLR29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:46 PM   #7
DaveNinja
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLR29 View Post

They are not enforcing FP return times at any attraction at DLR.
good to hear. Arent they supposed to start enforcing them any day now?
Old 11-09-2012, 12:56 PM   #8
ArchOwl
The Highly Educated Owl

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveNinja View Post
good to hear. Arent they supposed to start enforcing them any day now?
I think the rumor was enforcement would start around Thanksgiving time, with absolute enforcement by Christmas. However, there has been nothing announced by Disney. And when they began enforcement in WDW, they made announcements, changed the language on the FPs, and had signs up announcing the change. If they were going to change FP enforcement at DL, you would think they would do something similar to what they did in WDW.
ArchOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:54 PM   #9
asc72
Earning My Ears

Thanks, we were able to get tickets for 11-12. Have been in the fast pass line for 30 mins and the ride is down again. Not having much luck with this ride.
Old 11-09-2012, 02:33 PM   #10
lvdis
love disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by asc72 View Post
Thanks, we were able to get tickets for 11-12. Have been in the fast pass line for 30 mins and the ride is down again. Not having much luck with this ride.
How long did you have to wait to get the fastpasses this morning?
lvdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 03:09 PM   #11
ArchOwl
The Highly Educated Owl

Quote:
Originally Posted by asc72 View Post
Sorry for your experience. Did it by chance rain at all in Anaheim? Rain seems to affect that ride a lot.
Old 11-09-2012, 03:18 PM   #12
lizdotcom99
Tags Have Been Donated

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchOwl View Post
I think the rumor was enforcement would start around Thanksgiving time, with absolute enforcement by Christmas. However, there has been nothing announced by Disney. And when they began enforcement in WDW, they made announcements, changed the language on the FPs, and had signs up announcing the change. If they were going to change FP enforcement at DL, you would think they would do something similar to what they did in WDW.
I would hope that you are right in this....however...I have noticed that DL is so much more lax in EVERYTHING!!! I had my entire World trip planned and ressies made for a February trip before I could even make one call for my December trip at Land. Go figure!!! We will be at Land the first week of December and are looking forward to trying this day...and night!
Old 11-09-2012, 03:25 PM   #13
ArchOwl
The Highly Educated Owl

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizdotcom99 View Post
I would hope that you are right in this....however...I have noticed that DL is so much more lax in EVERYTHING!!! I had my entire World trip planned and ressies made for a February trip before I could even make one call for my December trip at Land. Go figure!!! We will be at Land the first week of December and are looking forward to trying this day...and night!
Disneyland is just a different animal than the World for planning. There is no need to book reservations at Disneyland 180 days out. There really isn't a need most of the time to book reservations at Disneyland two months out! So I don't know if it is laxness, but just a different way of approaching a vacation.

Disneyland has a lot of locals who are very familiar with the parks. I think if anything, Disneyland has to be more upfront about changing the FP policy, because of the locals. Disneyworld has a lot more tourists who aren't familiar with the many policies, and so changing them doesn't take a lot of effort. Change one little thing at Disneyland, and they will hear about it from all sides!
Old 11-10-2012, 12:42 AM   #14
Rhonna
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchOwl View Post
Sorry for your experience. Did it by chance rain at all in Anaheim? Rain seems to affect that ride a lot.
Yes, it rained some yesterday afternoon and evening (Thursday). It was our last day in the parks.
Rhonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 03:26 PM   #15
asc72
Earning My Ears

We finally got our ride. It took about 10 minutes for us to get the fast passes in the morning. If you can do it, I strongly suggest going the fast pass route. Standby seems pretty risky in terms of reliability.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: