Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2012, 08:53 PM   #1
jrpeterson5
Earning My Ears

So we are planning a May trip in which I will be surprising my wife and kids by flying in my sister and niece. It's a complete surprise to my family. Here is one potential planing issue I am looking for advise on.

My wife has booked Cinderella's Royal Table for our family of four. So I immediately had my sister book the same time and day for the two of them. My sister contacted Disney via phone and asked to link the reservation after explaining the situation. Disney advised that our reservation would be altered to show six at which time this would raise some red flags in my wife's eyes. Does anyone have any recommendations? Do you think we can just tell them on arrival that our two parties/reservations are together? Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
jrpeterson5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:00 PM   #2
3pletprincesses
DIS Veteran

last year we couldn't get reservation for 8 people so we made 1 reservation for 6 and one for 2 people for exactly the same time. We went to the podium about an 45 minutes before our adr time and ask if we could be seated together, they told us they would do their best to accommodate us but we might have to wait a little past our ADR in order for them to accommodate our request. We were called in 5 minutes later then our original ADR and we were all seated together.
Old 11-13-2012, 10:27 PM   #3
purple figment
DIS Veteran

I don't think they can link reservations on the phone. It sounds like the CM was going to modify your reservation to include 2 additional people which probably means you would be responsible for the prepay on your credit card and it would then be a reservation for 6. As you said, it would spoil the surprise. Much better to ask the CM at the podium if you could all be seated together. As the PP said, they will try their best, but depending on how busy it is, you may have to wait longer or it may not be possible to seat you all together.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: