Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2012, 09:28 AM   #1
allstonsmommy
Mouseketeer

Help me pick a resort

We are planning a trip for June under the military salute promotion. We originally planned to stay at POR for the trundle bed but when I called there was not any of those rooms available under the promotion... only the Royal rooms. So, my question is, do you all think this resort is still a good option for us or should I consider changing? We are a family of 5.... 2 adults, a 6 year old boy and 2- 2 year old boys. Thanks in advance for your help!!
allstonsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:35 AM   #2
Missytara
I'm all ears!

I would say that you might not have enough room to do two pak n' plays.....it would be very tight, but doable.

You can see pictures on the RR's at POR on the POR thread; might give you a bit more insight into the size and where you could put a second pak n' play. One by the table and one in the closet area.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Missytara is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-13-2012, 09:46 AM   #3
Sue M
DIS Veteran

If you had the trundle bed room, would the 2 yr olds be in the queen bed? And the 6 yr old have the trundle?
2 pack & plays would be squished in either room type. You could have the 2 ur olds in the queen I think the resorts do have bed rails, you'd have to request.
Then bring a child size blow up mattress for the 6 yr old, as an option.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 20-Sept 3 2014 GF & GF CL
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:49 AM   #4
allstonsmommy
Mouseketeer

They already climb out of the pack n plays so I was thinking of putting the 2 year old's in the queen bed and the 6 year old on the trundle. They could actually all 3 sleep in the queen but I think it would be more playing than sleeping so I am just trying to think of other options.
Old 11-13-2012, 09:50 AM   #5
Missytara
I'm all ears!

That would definitely work!

I say go for it then.

One helpful thing, when we traveled with 4 of us, we used the shoe holder hanging over the bathroom door. Each person got a row. May be helpful for picking up toys, games, etc for the three little ones and give you some extra storage.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Missytara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:30 AM   #6
Ahenderson070911
Earning My Ears

We very comfortable had two pack n plays in our POR room. We had one in between the table and trundle and the other beside the front door and bed. Still plenty of room to walk and for them to play when we had down time.
Old 11-13-2012, 02:30 PM   #7
buzznina
DIS Veteran

Location: The White Sugar Beaches of the Florida Panhandle, Destin area. 7 hours away from the Magic Place.

You may or may not know this but, if the discount is only for the RGR and you were planning on staying there, you will not have a murphy bed in those rooms. In that case I would bring an air mattress.

DW DH DD(9) DD(4)

AKL-SV(2), POLY, GF(CL), CR, POFQ(3), POR(6)(RGR(2)), CSR(10), CBR, FW CABINS, BW, POP(3), ASMU(2), ASSP, ASMO and DLH
buzznina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:11 PM   #8
allstonsmommy
Mouseketeer

Yes, I am aware of that That's why I was asking if this resort would still be a good option for us. We were planning to stay at POR mainly for the trundle beds.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: