DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-13-2012, 06:28 PM   #1
Momamae
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 60

BWV question

Hi All,

Myself,DW,DD,DD will be in DW in 10 days and we are staying at the BWV studio garden and pool view. My question is should I request a certain room, view or does it really not matter? Just wondering and thank you.
Momamae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:42 PM   #2
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
 
Deb & Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: USA
Posts: 44,413

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momamae View Post
Hi All,

Myself,DW,DD,DD will be in DW in 10 days and we are staying at the BWV studio garden and pool view. My question is should I request a certain room, view or does it really not matter? Just wondering and thank you.
How is your stay booked? Through DVC or through Disney Reservation Center?
__________________
Deb - DVC Member since '97
OKW and VWL Homes

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-13-2012, 08:12 PM   #3
Momamae
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 60

stay

Our stay is through DVC.
Momamae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:12 PM   #4
jekjones1558
Always happy at Disney

 
jekjones1558's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: MN
Posts: 8,009

I would request "Village Green" view. The rooms there are all studios facing the grassy area between the lobby and the boat dock. They have a partial BW view and they are close to the elevator, lobby, pool, laundry, and BW.
__________________
Jean
I'm an OL Groupie!Feb. 2014
jekjones1558 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:37 AM   #5
Cee
DIS Veteran
 
Cee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Occoquan, VA
Posts: 4,955

I agree with "Village Green". We were on the first floor and the view was lovely looking out onto the "Croquet" courtyard. The only downside was that it was right next to a maintenance entrance and there would be large linen carts rumbling out pretty early in the morning. So, maybe a higher floor? Either way, you can't go wrong. BWV is awesome!
Cee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:26 PM   #6
Momamae
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 60

thank you, Village Green it is!
Momamae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:40 PM   #7
marlogood
Mouseketeer
 
marlogood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Antioch, IL
Posts: 231

I thought they considered those rooms Boardwalk view and not pool/garden view.
__________________
marlogood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:41 PM   #8
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
 
Deb & Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: USA
Posts: 44,413

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlogood View Post
I thought they considered those rooms Boardwalk view and not pool/garden view.
Nope, they are just preferred, non-BW.
__________________
Deb - DVC Member since '97
OKW and VWL Homes

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:05 PM   #9
CRobin
DIS Veteran
 
CRobin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Pittsburgh, Pa.
Posts: 591

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlogood
I thought they considered those rooms Boardwalk view and not pool/garden view.
You can have Boardwalk View and be in a room facing the Village Green. We were there in October and had a Boardwalk View room over Wyland's Gallery and the gift shop on the corner. It was an excellent view of the Boardwalk and of the Epcot fireworks.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
CRobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 02:32 PM   #10
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002
 
KAT4DISNEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nevada
Posts: 8,522

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRobin View Post
You can have Boardwalk View and be in a room facing the Village Green. We were there in October and had a Boardwalk View room over Wyland's Gallery and the gift shop on the corner. It was an excellent view of the Boardwalk and of the Epcot fireworks.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
That was a 1BR though, wasn't it? We had that for 1 night in Oct too. The rest of the Village Green rooms are studios and in the pool/garden view category.
__________________
Kathy

KAT4DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 02:33 PM   #11
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples
 
DebbieB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: PA
Posts: 45,410

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cee View Post
I agree with "Village Green". We were on the first floor and the view was lovely looking out onto the "Croquet" courtyard. The only downside was that it was right next to a maintenance entrance and there would be large linen carts rumbling out pretty early in the morning. So, maybe a higher floor? Either way, you can't go wrong. BWV is awesome!
Are you talking about the courtyard facing the Swan? That's not the Village Green. The Village Green is on the boardwalk side next to the lobby, the rooms are on floors 2 to 5.
__________________
DebbieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:22 PM   #12
CRobin
DIS Veteran
 
CRobin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Pittsburgh, Pa.
Posts: 591

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT4DISNEY

That was a 1BR though, wasn't it? We had that for 1 night in Oct too. The rest of the Village Green rooms are studios and in the pool/garden view category.
Yes that was a 1BR, and I believe the last room along Village Green before the turn to the Boardwalk. I was surprised that it was categorized as Boardwalk View but it lived up to that and we enjoyed the room and the view.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
CRobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:33 PM   #13
marlogood
Mouseketeer
 
marlogood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Antioch, IL
Posts: 231

I think I remember being in one of those rooms and it was a one bedroom with a very large balcony.
__________________
marlogood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:17 PM   #14
jekjones1558
Always happy at Disney

 
jekjones1558's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: MN
Posts: 8,009

The x051 rooms are dedicated 1 bedrooms on the corner. They are considered BW view. All of the other rooms between the elevator and the x051 rooms are pool/garden studios.
__________________
Jean
I'm an OL Groupie!Feb. 2014
jekjones1558 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:40 PM   #15
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002
 
KAT4DISNEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nevada
Posts: 8,522

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlogood View Post
I think I remember being in one of those rooms and it was a one bedroom with a very large balcony.
You may be thinking of the ones on the corner that directly face the boardwalk - those have balconies that are huge!! But the 1BR boardwalk views that face the village green have only one small balcony off of the living room.
__________________
Kathy

KAT4DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DVC-Resales.com | 1-800-550-6493 (Contact The Timeshare Store) | DVC Resale Listings

facebooktwittergoogle plus youtube itunesDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:33 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.