DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2013, 11:03 PM   #31
ajkmom3
Earning My Ears

Thanks dreamlinda! I was thinking I'd just try it. Let cm tell my 5-1/2 year old that he can't do craft.
Old 01-02-2013, 05:56 PM   #32
dsanner106
DIS Veteran

We will be making our first stay at Vero April 5-12 2013
dsanner106

72 offsite
'74 offsite, '01 Old Key West,'02 Wyndham
'03 timeshare,'04 Pop Century '04 Coronado Springs
'05 Offsite
'06 All Star Sports 06 CoronadoSprings '07 Bonnett Creek 07 All Star Music '08 Pop Century '08 Boardwalk Villas '09 Beachclub Villas '09 Animal Kdom kidani village'10 Saratoga Sp, '11 Bay Lake Towers,' 12' Boardwalk, '12 AK Kidani
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-03-2013, 08:53 AM   #33
MikeNY

Earning My Ears

Does anyone know what condition the beach at VB is in? We were there in December 2011 and there was relatively no beach below an 8 foot cliff due to erosion. Also heard from some Floridians that the coastline in that area took a beating during hurricane Sandy. Would appreciate hearing from anyone who might know first hand! Thanks!

Mike
Old 01-03-2013, 10:59 AM   #34
Legomom
Earning My Ears

Hi All,

we will be staying at Vero for the first time July 13 - 20.

it will be me, hubby and 2 sons, ages 10 and 16.

I am hoping for a nice relaxing vacation with no park storming this time.

I also hope that there are activiies that the kids can go do while hubby and i sit on the beach and do nothing!

I look forward to reading through all this info to figure out what to book ahead of time and what to hold off on.

thanks all!
Old 01-03-2013, 01:10 PM   #35
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

We're looking forward to our first VB stay in early Sept (1-4), then over to BWV for a few nights.
Never stayed at VB before. It will just be my dh and myself...so we'll only need a studio or regular room. Is one preferable to the other?? It would be nice to have breakfast and some light lunches in our room, but nothing that needs 'cooking'. I can't decide which one I want to book...the studio or the inn room.
Any thoughts??
Old 01-03-2013, 01:18 PM   #36
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
We're looking forward to our first VB stay in early Sept (1-4), then over to BWV for a few nights.
Never stayed at VB before. It will just be my dh and myself...so we'll only need a studio or regular room. Is one preferable to the other?? It would be nice to have breakfast and some light lunches in our room, but nothing that needs 'cooking'. I can't decide which one I want to book...the studio or the inn room.
Any thoughts??
Even DH, who likes rooms with 1 bed and sleeper sofa, prefers OVIRs with the 2 queen beds over the studios with the 1 queen & the sofa. We like the ocean view. There's the little kitchenette in both. I've 4 nights in an OVIR coming up in just about 10 days, after the MC!
Old 01-03-2013, 01:41 PM   #37
dreamlinda
"dance to the music in your heart"

Quote:
Any thoughts??
I agree with Bobbi - dh and I very much prefer the ocean view inn rooms to the studios, which depending on the location can seem very dark inside. And, a guaranteed ocean view is so great!! There are (or at least were) two OVIR's with king beds, but we do not request them any longer because the balconies on these rooms have a solid wall which blocks the view unless your standing up. Whichever way you go, have a great time ~ we always do!
Old 01-03-2013, 06:10 PM   #38
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Ahhhh, thanks for the info. I didn't realize there was a kitchenette in the OVIRs!!! This is a whole new thing for me!!! Thrilled and very excited about staying here. Looks like I'll be booking a room at the inn!!!!
Old 01-03-2013, 08:13 PM   #39
DisDaydreamer
I have this DIS-ease

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennst8r View Post
Just booked our first VB stay for August.
Dates?

Old 01-03-2013, 08:27 PM   #40
DisDaydreamer
I have this DIS-ease

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Any thoughts??
I have to concur with Bobbi & Linda. At least your first few stays need to be an ocean view room. It is so relaxing and soothing to see and hear the surf. And the sunrises right from your balcony.

Let me demonstrate...

Old 01-04-2013, 07:48 AM   #41
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisDaydreamer View Post
I have to concur with Bobbi & Linda. At least your first few stays need to be an ocean view room. It is so relaxing and soothing to see and hear the surf. And the sunrises right from your balcony.

Let me demonstrate...

Okay, okay....I'm booking the OVIR!!! That will pretty much be my view from my dad/step-mom's condo in Pompano Beach in a few weeks!!! I love that view. So will be booking it at VB as well.
Thanks guys!!
Old 01-06-2013, 09:39 AM   #42
tchrrx
Blame it on the plastic cow I mentioned on another board
That's right.... I sucked a plastic cow

We will be heading to Vero Beach in May for 2 days before our Disney cruise.

- We will be renting a car at MCO. Any hints/tips for the drive? (Or for renting a car since it's our first time to do that?)
- What is your favorite place to eat, and do I need to make reservations? If so, then when?
- Since we will only be there for two days, what are your 'do not miss this' activities?
- How easy is it to get around town? I know we'll definitely want to stop at a grocery store to pick up a few things.
- Am I going to need to pack beach towels or are there plenty of towels in the room? We are going to have so much luggage already for the cruise, that I hate to take up more space if I don't have to. If needed, I can probably grab some old towels from home that we can throw out at the end of the trip.

2006- WDW CR (DD's 1st trip & my parents came) 2007- WDW SSR (1st trip 'home' & suprise trip for DD) 2008- WDW SSR (surprised DD w/her aunt) 2009- WDW SSR (inlaws) 2010- Our 1st ABD (Spirit of America) 2011- WDW SSR & BLT and our 1st Cruise (Disney Dream) 2012- WDW BLT (DD's surprise birthday trip); ABD Southwest Splendors 2013- DL GCV (Our 1st DL trip); Disney's Vero Beach; Disney Fantasy 2014- ABD Costa Rica
Old 01-06-2013, 10:38 AM   #43
PammyK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchrrx View Post

- We will be renting a car at MCO. Any hints/tips for the drive? (Or for renting a car since it's our first time to do that?)
- What is your favorite place to eat, and do I need to make reservations? If so, then when?
- Since we will only be there for two days, what are your 'do not miss this' activities?
- How easy is it to get around town? I know we'll definitely want to stop at a grocery store to pick up a few things.
- Am I going to need to pack beach towels or are there plenty of towels in the room? We are going to have so much luggage already for the cruise, that I hate to take up more space if I don't have to. If needed, I can probably grab some old towels from home that we can throw out at the end of the trip.
  • The drive from MCO to Vero is pretty straightforward, just follow the standard directions and you should be fine.
  • For dining we usually hit Squid Lips or the Sand Bar at Captain Hiram's at least once during our visits to Vero. The Sand Bar often has live music in the evenings so it can be a lot of fun and will keep the kiddos entertained while you are enjoying dinner. If you like breakfast out, our favorite place is Country Eggs and Ham on US1. And of course you also have Shutters, Sonyas, Bleachers and the Green Cabin Room right at the resort.
  • With only 2 days, I suggest simply relaxing and enjoying the beach and pool at the resort. However, if you want to explore the area, I recommend McKee Gardens and the Mel Fisher Treasure Museum as some fun, budget friendly options.
  • For groceries, there is a Publix located at the intersection of 512 and 510, right on the way to the resort, where we usually stop to pick up any items that we need. No liquor store though so if you are looking for any alcoholic beverages besides beer and wine you'll want to stop elsewhere. There is another Publix on US1 that has a small liquor store in the same strip. It is about a mile north of the Wabasso Causeway. Remember not to overdo it with the groceries since you will not be able to bring any opened food items onto the ship.
  • While I prefer to bring my own beach towels (which is easier for me since I'm only about 1.5 hours from the resort), you will have sufficient beach towels in your room/villa. In a studio, inn room or 1BR you'll have 4 beach/pool towels. More in a 2BR or a Beach Cottage. If they get icky, you can visit Ebb & Flo's to trade them in for fresh towels.
Also, don't forget to check out the first post in this thread. It is choc-a-block full of great information about the resort and local area thanks to DisDaydreamer, his predecessors and all the contributors.
Old 01-06-2013, 04:01 PM   #44
KerriL
DIS Veteran

We are excited to be going to Vero Beach this August 2nd trip for me...1st with the family. August 15-19 2013 in a 1-bedroom. Celebrating the adoption of our little one!! Then 10 nights @ WDW.
Old 01-06-2013, 04:53 PM   #45
tillerrw
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchrrx View Post

We went for our first trip last April. It was DW and I. We rented a car at MCO. Here's what we did and it worked great.
Rented a car through Priceline name your own price. I booked a car through Priceline or Travelocity without having to give a credit card first. Then about a week before the trip I did the name your own price to try and save some money. We saved about $100. I've rented cars through the Priceline name your own price many times and never had a problem.
We stopped by the Disney Cruise Line port on our way out of town and took some pictures of the ships. Then we stopped in Cocoa Beach and visited Ron Jon's Surf Shop.
Since you only have two days at Vero Beach I would get there as soon as possible and don't worry too much about leaving. It's a great resort to spend time at.
Round Island Riverside Park is a must do as far as we are concerned if you want to see manatees in the wild. It's a small yet very nice park where you can easily see manatees swimming round.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: