Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2012, 04:12 PM   #1
dtaylor98
Mouseketeer

Mother/Daughter August 2012 Two Weeks QSDP

I meant to start this soon after we got back on August 26th, but haven't gotten around to it until now. We took lots of pictures which we wanted to share. I've never tried to add pictures to a post before so I'm hoping I can do this.

We arrived at ASMu in the late afternoon and were hungry after our plane trip. We headed to Old Port Royale at CBR for our first meal. We both decided on the salmon which came with cornbread. We also got two sides. For me, it was green beans and mac & cheese. DD had mashed potatoes and mac & cheese. She had a smoothie as her drink and I had chocolate milk. We both had strawberries with chocolate for dessert. This was a good start for both of us.

She was happy to be able to get a smoothie as a drink. At other places it could only be considered a dessert.

This was my meal.

Last edited by dtaylor98; 11-13-2012 at 04:26 PM.
dtaylor98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:22 PM   #2
Allieran3
Live in my magical Disney bubble with Grumpy and a teenager!!!

I'm so in, I leave in 13 days and will be on QSDP, so please more lol.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-13-2012, 07:30 PM   #3
disfan33
Mouseketeer

Great start! Looking forward to more!

All-Star Sports June '10-CSR August '11-Pop Dec '11-Pop August '12-CSR '12-
Disney Wedding/Honeymoon August '13: Yacht Club/Polynesian and Disney Fantasy
AKL March '14-BCV August '14-Boardwalk Villas November '14-BLT March '15
disfan33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:31 AM   #4
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER
I have a smile on my face a mile wide
Let’s just say that Mr. Feeney came out “well done”

DISboards Moderator

nice looking plate full....I love salmon too...thanks for the start of your reviews...I love photos and you did a good job on this one

pumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:53 AM   #5
dtaylor98
Mouseketeer

We kept notes of everything at first, but slacked off toward the end so I will have to rely more on my memory. Anyway, on to day 2.
We had lunch at the Flame Tree BBQ. This is one of my favorite places. We both had the ribs & chicken combo. It comes with baked beans and coleslaw. We both had the key lime mousse for dessert. I had lemonade and DD had Diet Coke. Prior to this trip I had given up drinking anything with caffeine but I knew I wouldn't last 14 days and I didn't, but I was still no caffeine on day 2.

We had previously gotten medium drinks but this trip we usually got the large ones. DD always drinks hers without ice.

For dinner, we were at Epcot. We went to the Electric Umbrella. This is not one of my favorites because I prefer not having burgers, but DD likes it so we went. We both got the mushroom & swiss burgers & fries with strawberry cheesecake for dessert. They have refillable drinks here so I had lemonade again and DD had Diet Coke. DD liked the meal more than I did.

Last edited by dtaylor98; 08-13-2013 at 04:35 PM.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:31 AM   #6
dtaylor98
Mouseketeer

Day 3 found us eating both meals at MK. The first was at Columbia Harbour House. I had not tried their salmon and wanted to try it since I really like salmon. I had broccoli and couscous as my sides. It was really good. My daughter had shrimp & fries. She liked it very much. We both had apple crisp for dessert. I thought the apple crisp was very good. I only wish it had a little vanilla ice cream on top. We both had Diet Cokes. So ends my caffeine-free lifestyle.

DD loves the topping bar at Cosmic Ray's so we went there next. I saw that the ribs & chicken combo was on the menu so I had that. Not as good as Flame Tree, but still very good. It came with mashed potatoes and green beans. DD had the bacon angus cheeseburger with fries, which she loves. For dessert she had the carrot cake and I had chocolate gelato. She likes the pre-packaged cakes more than I do. They are OK, but, given the choice, I'll take something else.

Sorry for the blurry picture. I think I started on the chicken before I took the picture. Sometimes it is hard to remember to take pictures before eating.

While we were at MK we stopped for Dole Whip floats.

I like the pineapple Dole Whip, DD prefers the vanilla.

Last edited by dtaylor98; 11-15-2012 at 01:18 PM.
Old 11-15-2012, 01:27 PM   #7
dtaylor98
Mouseketeer

Day 4 we did not go to any parks. We started by going over to CSR and the Pepper Market buffet. We felt this was a good use of our quick service credit. I wish I could remember all the items on the buffet. My favorite was the panini. They had several varieties but one was really good. DD and I went to the Pepper Market twice during the trip. On this visit we both totally missed the ice cream.

Next, we headed over to DTD for what turned out to be the worst meal of our trip. DD said it was the worst meal she has ever had anywhere. It was at Bongo's Cuban Cafe Express Window. We both had the Club Cubano sandwich with fries and traditional flan for dessert. We both had Diet Coke. The sandwiches were bad. I didn't think the fries were that bad but it didn't make up for the sandwiches. The flan wasn't that great either. Even the Diet Coke tasted strange. DD just threw hers out. Very disappointing.

They look better than they were. (Sorry that the picture is sideways.)
Old 11-17-2012, 10:45 AM   #8
dtaylor98
Mouseketeer

We started day 5 at the MK and DD decided to have a snack, a strawberry shortcake sundae from Storybook Treats. She really enjoyed it. It looked so good.

We headed over to Captain Cook's at the Poly for lunch. DD had a bacon cheeseburger with fries. She really likes the burgers. I had the club sandwich with chips. Both were really good. We had macadamia nut cupcakes for dessert. They were delicious. The only problem was a mom and daughter at another table. The daughter spied the cupcakes and asked her mother about them. The mother said how awful they were for you. She went on and on. I really didn't think that was necessary, especially since she knew we could hear every word she said.

DD's meal

My meal--love those chips.

Yummy cupcakes!

For dinner we went to Sunshine Seasons at Epcot. This is probably my favorite counter service. The meal was very good. We both had the pork chop. DD had mashed potatoes as her side and I had rice. I had the chocolate mousse for dessert and DD had the strawberry shortcake. The desserts were fantastic.

Old 11-20-2012, 02:03 PM   #9
dtaylor98
Mouseketeer

On day 6 we went to Kringla. We liked this place so much we decided to go back a second time later in our trip. I had the roast beef sandwich. DD had the Norwegian club. We both had fruit cups as a side. DD had the sweet pretzel and I had the sweet almond pretzel for dessert. We really enjoyed this meal. I think the pretzels are more like breakfast pastries than pretzels. They are really good!

This is my meal. Look at all those almonds!

DD's meal.

For a snack I had an ice cream sundae from Hollywood Scoops.

We had dinner at Fairfax Fare. We both had the rib and chicken combo. DD was very disapointed. She thought her ribs were too fatty. She also got the dark meat chicken. I thought my meal was good, but not nearly as good as Flame Tree. She had carrot cake for dessert and I had the chocolate cake. The prepackaged cakes are OK when there is no other option.

We picked up some snacks at The Writer's Stop before we left the Studios and headed back to our room.

I had a caramel pecan roll. Yum!

DD had the toffee bar. She really loved this and it wasn't the only time on this trip that she had one.
Old 11-21-2012, 07:41 PM   #10
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

I always like to tune into fellow mother/daughter travelers! Your Sunshines Season meal looks really good. I have yet to eat a meal there. The almond pretzel from Kringla Og Bakeri is also on my list to try.
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:18 PM   #11
ADisneyQueen
DIS Veteran

Your pictures are making me hungry, especially that roast beef sandwich. Do you remember if the meat was pink? I only like mine well done but I would like to try it next time.

We also had QSDP on our last trip in June. We really liked it except I had a bad meal at Sunshine Seasons.
Christmas 2009-CBR and RI Seaworld,June 2012-POP
Aug 2013- CSR and AOA
ADisneyQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:26 PM   #12
H20DogsNDisney
DIS Veteran

great start your reviews are great thanks for sharing I have some place I will try next time.

Hallie
H20DogsNDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:38 PM   #13
Ro Z
DIS Veteran

Love all your pics! Great job. Lots of food for QS. You gave me some new must do's! Especially Norway!
Ro Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:46 PM   #14
dtaylor98
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADisneyQueen View Post
Your pictures are making me hungry, especially that roast beef sandwich. Do you remember if the meat was pink? I only like mine well done but I would like to try it next time.

We also had QSDP on our last trip in June. We really liked it except I had a bad meal at Sunshine Seasons.
The meat was not pink. I like my roast beef well done too! It was a really good sandwich.
Old 11-24-2012, 08:14 PM   #15
dtaylor98
Mouseketeer

Thanks to everyone who is following. I hope these are helpful. Now on to day 7. We had lunch at Yak & Yeti counter service at AK. This is another one of my favorites. I had th sweet & sour chicken. DD had the honey chicken. I got the banana pudding for dessert and DD got the frozen lemonade. Everything was good.

This is my meal.

This is DD's meal.

We had dinner at Mara. I had the 1/2 chicken with couscous & vegetable stew. DD had an angus bacon cheeseburger with fries. For dessert, I had cheesecake and DD had a mango pina colada smoothie. This meal was OK, but I was a little disappointed with the stew. The cheesecake was good and DD really liked the smoothie.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: