Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Sea World / Discovery Cove
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2012, 04:02 PM   #1
Demi_8
Earning My Ears

SpringHill Suites Orlando at SeaWorld

We are trying to decide on a hotel on I-drive for Jan. 4-5 and are considering SpringHill Suites Orlando. The reviews are good and thinking it might be a better idea to stay at a SeaWorld Partner hotel to get the quick queue benefits. A couple of questions.

For anyone who has visited SeaWorld around this time period, do you think we will even need quick queue passes?

If I reserve for Jan. 4-5, do you think we would have any problem showing up on Jan. 3rd (we will drive over from Disney) to pick up the queue passes rather than take a chance they might run out, even though we are not officially checked in (I guess we could show our e-mail confirmation). Has anyone done this? We want to get to SeaWorld at opening on Jan. 4 and it would save time to already have the passes in hand.
Demi_8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:00 PM   #2
sweetiee
Mouseketeer

This is one of our favorite hotels near SeaWorld. Love it!

I would think you need your room key to get the quick que passes. Hubby said he had to show proof he was staying there. It is also good to get there early because there can get long lines and I think they have a limited amount they give out.
Register to remove

Old 11-14-2012, 02:32 PM   #3
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi_8 View Post
For anyone who has visited SeaWorld around this time period, do you think we will even need quick queue passes?
We were there on January 2nd and January 5th, 2012. We had Quick Queue and were so glad we did .

By mid-afternoon on the 2nd, Kraken had a 100 minute wait. With QQ, the boys walked right to the front of the line.

I would highly recommend an onsite stay for the Quick Queue passes. They are awesome!

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! PTR in progress: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:49 AM   #4
ginkybiloba
Mouseketeer

Gina, can you walk me through how to get the QQ passes through the hotel? We arrive Thursday evening (Jan 10), and plan on visiting Sea World on Friday (Jan 11). If we don't get to the hotel until 9:30 p.m., will the QQ passes for Friday already be gone? Or do they give them out in the morning? The Springhill Suites website doesn't offer a lot of details...

TIA,
Brenda
January 2011 7-day Western Caribbean cruise on the Disney Magic and 3 nights at POFQ
January 2013 Universal Studios/IOA and 7-night Eastern Caribbean cruise (Freedom of the Seas)
ginkybiloba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:00 PM   #5
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginkybiloba View Post
Gina, can you walk me through how to get the QQ passes through the hotel? We arrive Thursday evening (Jan 10), and plan on visiting Sea World on Friday (Jan 11). If we don't get to the hotel until 9:30 p.m., will the QQ passes for Friday already be gone? Or do they give them out in the morning? The Springhill Suites website doesn't offer a lot of details...

TIA,
Brenda
Hi Brenda,

We didn't get our QQ passes from our hotel on our January trip.....we did not stay at an onsite property (lesson learned for this trip ). We purchased ours at the park when we arrived.

I am told that there is an Expedia travel desk in the lobby of each onsite hotel where you can pick up the passes. I don't know what the hours of the desk are, but I am doubtful that the desk will still be staffed at 9:30 at night (someone else can correct me if I am wrong). I would plan on being at the desk as soon as they open on the Friday morning to get your passes.

We are visiting during Christmas week, so our concerns about the passes running out are the same as yours! Though the front desk staff at the Residence Inn have assured me that they rarely, if ever, run out. We shall see!

Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! PTR in progress: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899

Old 11-15-2012, 12:19 PM   #6
ginkybiloba
Mouseketeer

Thanks Gina, this is super helpful! Are you going to post a trip report when you get back? Would love to read it
January 2011 7-day Western Caribbean cruise on the Disney Magic and 3 nights at POFQ
January 2013 Universal Studios/IOA and 7-night Eastern Caribbean cruise (Freedom of the Seas)
ginkybiloba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:22 PM   #7
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginkybiloba View Post
Thanks Gina, this is super helpful! Are you going to post a trip report when you get back? Would love to read it
Yes ma'am, I definitely plan to!

Have a great time on your vacation......you will be at SW on my son's b-day!

Old 11-15-2012, 07:19 PM   #8
sweetiee
Mouseketeer

They are not open at night. I'm thinking they start at 7:00 am. My hubby went down to get them. I know we left on the 8:30 shuttle that morning. I'm sure if you call they will tell you. They are super friendly.
Don't forget to ask if they have any plush Shamus for the children!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: