Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2012, 02:51 PM   #1
Penderbelle
I know a little but want to know alot more!

Wilderness Lodge - Only in my dreams!

Only in my dreams did I think I would ever be able to stay at the Wilderness Lodge!.
My dreams have come true!!!
Thanks to free disney dining plan, a room and tickets was as cheap as booking a package deal and having to pay for meals and tickets on top. Just got to look out for flights for next Oct half term ( have allowed up to £700 in the price comparison).
Any info on how to pick up car from Car Care centre and use of free transportation would be gratefully received .
I am soooooo excited. Toasted Marshmallow anyone!
2006 - Best Western Lakeside
2008 - Best Western Lakeside
2009 - Champions World Resort
2010- Liki Tiki Resort
2013 - Wilderness Lodge

[/url
Penderbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:56 PM   #2
Mrs Doubtfire
DIS Veteran

Well the magic has started already - WL is a lovely resort. When we stayed there we used the boat to MK but then used our car for the other parks
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-12-2012, 04:02 PM   #3
queendisney
DIS Veteran

we stayed at WL one year and loved it. The transport was generally good except for DTD, that was rubbish!! When we went there used to be a bus that also went to the TTC but I think thats stopped now. It was a quick way to access the monorail to Epcot. Love the boat transportation to MK and off course you get the water pagent going past at night. We used the quiet pool most mornings and very rarely did we have to share it!

Walt Disney World resort 18 times, off resort 2 times. Disneyland Paris approx. 20 times. Disneyland California.
queendisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:41 PM   #4
gemmybear83
I would blame it all on Bob
Awww I love the first day
You could stay behind after your meal and have another drink

Yeahy!

I have stayed at WL twice and we love it, hoping to buy DVC in the next couple of years and this would be one of our top choices we love the resort and amazing theming
Old 11-12-2012, 04:42 PM   #5
willeve
Mouseketeer

Love WL! To get car, ask guest services to call CarCare centre, 24hrs before you want the car. They will send a shuttle for you direct to car hire, and when you drop it off they bring you back, easy-peasy!
willeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:15 AM   #6
crabbie1
DIS Veteran

My first stay as a dvc member next april. Never stayed but visited and decided to buy as my home resort. Surprisingly one of the cheaper to buy as well. I hope you have a lovely stay. Are you staying in the hotel or the villas?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 11-13-2012, 04:03 AM   #7
wilma-bride
Would love a diet on Cadbury Flakes
Admits she's strange when it comes to eggs

DISboards Moderator

Wilderness Lodge is my favourite WDW resort, you will love it

Don't forget to ask, at check in, about the possibility of being chosen as Flag Family. And, if you find yourselves with some spare time, it is well worth taking the tour of the lodge and doing the Hidden Mickey hunt (you can get a copy of it fromt he concierge desk).

Can't help with the car rental arrangements but we found the transport from Wilderness Lodge to most of the parks very efficent. You tend to stop at Fort Wilderness before heading to the parks but that's not a major issue.
wilma-bride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:21 AM   #8
willeve
Mouseketeer

We were flag family, really fun! But, the Hidden Mickey sheet was really tough! We gave up
willeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:52 AM   #9
Penderbelle
I know a little but want to know alot more!

We are staying at the Hotel. Looking forward to using our DDP at different resorts. Have always eaten off site and never used Disney restuarants so it will be a new experience for us - even have the date marked to start my ADR's.
Anyone know where preferred viewing is for Fireworks at MK or Epcot.?
2006 - Best Western Lakeside
2008 - Best Western Lakeside
2009 - Champions World Resort
2010- Liki Tiki Resort
2013 - Wilderness Lodge

[/url
Penderbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:54 AM   #10
deserrai
DIS Veteran

That is so exciting. I've always wanted to stay there too; I just haven't been able to convince myself to spend that kind of money. I haven't even been over to see it before, but the photos look gorgeous. Have fun!

deserrai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:58 AM   #11
disneyholic family
Wayne always catches me
i cannot wear anything between my toes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penderbelle View Post
We are staying at the Hotel. Looking forward to using our DDP at different resorts. Have always eaten off site and never used Disney restuarants so it will be a new experience for us - even have the date marked to start my ADR's.
preferred viewing at epcot is usually over by italy i think..
we did it once....it was a good view, but not nearly as good as the view from the Rose and Crown restaurant.
Use one of your dining credits to eat there - the food and service are great and you'll get to view illuminations from there - the best view i've ever had.

you don't have to be eating dinner there exactly during illuminations. If you finish before, you can come back and they'll let you into the viewing area. (only if you've had dinner there, not lunch)...

but it's nice to actually be eating dinner there at the time...
Old 11-13-2012, 08:54 AM   #12
disney_princess_85
Liked the sky effect
If we feel like having pop tarts for breakfast we can

We stayed at WL last month and we absolutely loved it. We'll definitely be back!
January 2002- Disneyland Paris, Sequoia Lodge, October 2007- Disneyland Paris, Newport Bay Club, May 2008- Walt Disney World, Pop Century/Universal Studios, Royal Pacific Resort, January 2009- Disneyland Paris, Holiday Inn, March 2009- Disneyland Paris, Sequoia Lodge, May 2009- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, September 2009- Walt Disney World, Coronado Springs/Universal Studios, Hard Rock Hotel Club Level, November 2009- Disneyland Paris, Hotel Cheyenne, February 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, May 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, August-September 2010- Walt Disney World, Saratoga Springs/Universal Studios, Royal Pacific Resort Club Level, October 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, December 2010-January 2011- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, September 2011- Walt Disney World, POFQ/Disney Dream/Walt Disney World, Saratoga Springs, October 2012- Walt Disney World, Pop Century/Disney Dream/Walt Disney World, Wilderness Lodge, February 2013- Disneyland Paris, Hotel Cheyenne, October 2013- Walt Disney World, Old Key West, Animal Kingdom Lodge, May 2014- Disneyland, Paradise Pier

Lauren
disney_princess_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:12 AM   #13
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penderbelle View Post
Epcot: On the Morocco boat landing. We like this location

MK: Outside the Plaza restaurant (down the stairs and against the metal railing). Great if you are still willing to get there super early to get a decent spot but if you don't get right in the front, you have to contend with hanging flower baskets, lamp posts and a variety of other intrusive objects that can block your view, depending where you are standing.
2Tiggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:29 AM   #14
crabbie1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by deserrai View Post
That is so exciting. I've always wanted to stay there too; I just haven't been able to convince myself to spend that kind of money. I haven't even been over to see it before, but the photos look gorgeous. Have fun!
Neither did I with any of the deluxe but have rented points in the past and a studio worked out at $160 a night and the one bedroon $350 and thts in one of the higher banded rates of points.(tht is wlv rates going on $10 a point
crabbie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:42 AM   #15
GibboFLA
Earning My Ears

Well get organising your ADR's and don't moan to me about being a nerd!

I'm sure you will all have a great time, don't forget to order your photopass early for a discount!

GibboFLA is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: