Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2012, 12:10 PM   #1
JerseyMouse
Mouseketeer

Please help me decide

My family (2 adults, 2 children 8 &5) are looking to stay off site. My friend and her daughter (age 9) are also coming. Here is the short list:

2 Rooms (with 2 queen beds) at Wyndam Grand ($115/night for each room includes resort fee, taxes and parking)
3 Bedroom at Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa ($150/night + taxes)
2 Bedroom at Westgate ($150 night plus taxes)

We will spend at least one full day at the resort.

What do you think? Are there others I should be considering. We are traveling during a holiday week.

Thank you in advance for your comments/advice.
JerseyMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:08 PM   #2
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

would consider wyndham bonnet creek - but you rent from a person not wyndham

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-31-2012, 03:00 PM   #3
4kids4karen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyMouse View Post
My family (2 adults, 2 children 8 &5) are looking to stay off site. My friend and her daughter (age 9) are also coming. Here is the short list:

2 Rooms (with 2 queen beds) at Wyndam Grand ($115/night for each room includes resort fee, taxes and parking)

What do you think? Are there others I should be considering. We are traveling during a holiday week.

So are you saying the Wyndam Grand you would need two rooms and each room is $115 a night, so $230 whereas the other two are $150?

I am only familiar with Westgate. The two bedroom should also have the pullout sofa in the living room. Does the Lake Buena Vista have a separate living room with pullout sofabed?

To quote my 20 year old son right now, "Westgate is ballin". Which means he likes it.
4kids4karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:06 PM   #4
4kids4karen
DIS Veteran

I didn't see floorplans on the Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa (Westgate has floorplans) but from the description, I would take the three bedroom if it is the same price as the two bedroom. You may want to call and get the prices with all the resort fees and taxes included before deciding.

One other resort to consider is Floridays.
Old 12-31-2012, 03:20 PM   #5
am12pm
Mouseketeer

Quote:

JerseyMouse, we recently did a split stay at Wyndham Bonnet Creek (timeshare condo NOT the Grand) and then Lake Buena Vista Resort Village and Spa and thought that WBC was far and above the better of the two. We had a 3 bedroom at LBVRVandS and did not at all compare with WBC (for lots of reasons including cleanliness and resort overall).

I think you will do much better staying at WBC in a 3 bedroom condo than in the Grand with 2 rooms. I've never stayed at Westgate, so I can't give you a comparison there. Look through the "We looooove Bonnet Creek" threads for lots of good info.

WDW 1984 offsite, DLR 1986 offsite, WDW 1989 CR,DLR 2000 DLH, WDW 2000 CSR, WDW 2007 CSR, WDW 2008 Poly, WDW 2009 Poly
WDW Oct/Nov 2012 WBC
WDW Feb/Mar 2013 WBC
WDW Oct 2013 Beach Club
WDW Oct/Nov 2013 WBC
am12pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:33 PM   #6
JerseyMouse
Mouseketeer

Thanks for your replies. I think it would be a no brainer if I could find a 3 br rental for a reasonable price at Wyndham Bonnet Creek. At this point, they don't seem to be available for our time period.

Another possibility would be two rooms at the Hyatt Grand Cypress.

Just based on amenities for the kids, which is the better option? Hyatt, Wyndham, or Lake Buena Vista Village & Spa?
Old 12-31-2012, 05:49 PM   #7
dancin Disney style
I found one to share with some fab american disers
Could you break off the handle?

Quote:
Thanks for your replies. I think it would be a no brainer if I could find a 3 br rental for a reasonable price at Wyndham Bonnet Creek. At this point, they don't seem to be available for our time period.

Another possibility would be two rooms at the Hyatt Grand Cypress.

Just based on amenities for the kids, which is the better option? Hyatt, Wyndham, or Lake Buena Vista Village & Spa?
The Hyatt doesn't get the best reviews these days. If you stay at the Grand you will have full use of all WBC facilities. LBVV doesn't have as much as WBC. So, I would go with Wyndham.....but renting at WBC not staying at the Grand.

dancin Disney style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:54 PM   #8
JerseyMouse
Mouseketeer

Thanks....I think I will keep searching for the Bonnet Creek rental. I am a little nervous about going the ebay route, but it looks like some fellow disers have had success with it......
Old 12-31-2012, 07:42 PM   #9
am12pm
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Thanks....I think I will keep searching for the Bonnet Creek rental. I am a little nervous about going the ebay route, but it looks like some fellow disers have had success with it......
I would email all of the sellers on Ebay plus Vacation Upgrades and Vacation Strategies just to see if some of them have your dates already reserved.

WDW 1984 offsite, DLR 1986 offsite, WDW 1989 CR,DLR 2000 DLH, WDW 2000 CSR, WDW 2007 CSR, WDW 2008 Poly, WDW 2009 Poly
WDW Oct/Nov 2012 WBC
WDW Feb/Mar 2013 WBC
WDW Oct 2013 Beach Club
WDW Oct/Nov 2013 WBC
am12pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:26 PM   #10
softballmom3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyMouse
I have seen good and not so good w the eBay route. If I am thinking correctly someone recently posted where one they won off of eBay cancelled on them. In order to have buyer protection on eBay I believe your transaction can't be more than 45 days out. I might be incorrect though and if I am I can guarantee someone will correct me.

1977 Heck...I don't remember, I was 4 .
2002 Holiday Inn Family Suites (Nick hotel now)
2007 Pop Century
2010 Windsor Hills
2011 POR
2013 Wilderness Lodge/POR/CSR
2013 Pop Century
2014 POFQ
softballmom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:11 AM   #11
4kids4karen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by softballmom3 View Post
I have seen good and not so good w the eBay route. If I am thinking correctly someone recently posted where one they won off of eBay cancelled on them. In order to have buyer protection on eBay I believe your transaction can't be more than 45 days out. I might be incorrect though and if I am I can guarantee someone will correct me.
I agree, I am not sure I would be comfortable using ebay for my resort accommodations. It seems to work for others. Maybe I am too lazy to figure out this bonnet creek thing.
Old 01-01-2013, 09:40 AM   #12
DisLis
Mouseketeer

We spent the first week of December in a two bedroom at Wyndham Bonnet Creek. The cost was less than $100/night with all taxes included (there were no fees). We rented through Vacation Strategies. It was so much better than having just a room (or two). Full kitchen, living room and dining area. Two bathrooms. There is great information on this thread so I felt confident making the reservation. We had a king, two queens and a pull out queen sofa. A two bedroom sleeps 6 comfortably.
DisLis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 03:40 PM   #13
MelissaTnNc
Mouseketeer

We also rented at WBC through Vacation Strategy. It was less than $85/night in mid September for a two bedroom deluxe. King, 2 doubles, and a pull out couch. I highly recommend them!
May 2014 BlueGreen/SSR
MelissaTnNc is offline   Reply With Quote