Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2012, 01:08 PM   #1
Disneydreamer5
DIS Veteran

OKW or SSR Treehouse/food shopping

We just got an excellent quote to stay at OKW or The Tree Houses @ SSR in July. We will be flying in from NJ so we will not have a car. We are trying to find somewhere to get some food shopping done once we arrive. We plan to spend more time relaxing @ the resort this time around so we will be eating most meals in our room.
I have seen a few but the prices are insane! I am not paying $7 dollars for a case of water. With that said I was just curious if any of my dis experts have any insight to places we could bus too or taxi in for reasonable food shopping?
My other question is; for those of you who have staying at OKW or SSR, we have a choice of a 2 bedroom villa @ OKW or the newer Tree houses in SSR. Which would you choose for a family of 8? All adults.(mom & dad, 22,23,21,20,18 & 15) and why?
ASMov & DDP - 2005
CBR & Free DP - 2009
POR & DDP - 2010
Disneydreamer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:13 PM   #2
jimandami
DIS Veteran

We usually order from Garden Grocer and have our groceries delivered. The prices are a little more than you would normally pay but not too bad. If you order more than $200, delivery is free. As far was which room to choose, the Treehouses would get you 3 bedrooms, but they bedrooms are kinda small and the transportation is a little more difficult from that area. I would probably do OKW because those are the largest villas.
jimandami is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-13-2012, 01:23 PM   #3
dandydad12
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneydreamer5 View Post
We just got an excellent quote to stay at OKW or The Tree Houses @ SSR in July. We will be flying in from NJ so we will not have a car. We are trying to find somewhere to get some food shopping done once we arrive. We plan to spend more time relaxing @ the resort this time around so we will be eating most meals in our room.
I have seen a few but the prices are insane! I am not paying $7 dollars for a case of water. With that said I was just curious if any of my dis experts have any insight to places we could bus too or taxi in for reasonable food shopping?
My other question is; for those of you who have staying at OKW or SSR, we have a choice of a 2 bedroom villa @ OKW or the newer Tree houses in SSR. Which would you choose for a family of 8? All adults.(mom & dad, 22,23,21,20,18 & 15) and why?
Going to the THV myself in July after 9 days at the BC . We go a lot and use Wego shop.com they will shop where you like , use coupons . You make a list and they buy it and will deliver it to the resort at your conveince . There is also Garden grocer . I have never used them but have heard the are good also .
Never stayed at THV but have stayed at OKW twice and it was great .Hope this helps and have a great time .
DIXEY LANDINGS/1999 , DIXEY LANDINGS/2000 , POR/2001 , POR/2002 , POR/2003 , POR/2005 , POR/2006 , OKW/2007 , OKW/2008 , POR/2009 , POR/2010 , YBC/2011 , YBC/2012 , YBC/THV/2013 ,YBC 2013 , YBC2014 , YBC 2015

dandydad12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:32 PM   #4
StormalongKay
Mouseketeer

Another option is to pay for a town car service to drive you from the airport to your resort, because they include a grocery stop. We have used Tiffant Towncar in the past and stopped at the Publix closest to Disney. That way, you get to pick out your own produce, check out sales etc.

As for choice of hotel, I would probably o for the treehouse since it is 3 separate bedrooms - so long as 2 of your adults don't mind sleeping on bunk beds.
StormalongKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:23 PM   #5
BCV23

Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!

I absolutely love the Treehouse Villas but with 8 adults, I would choose the 2 BR at OKW.

Bedding in an OKW 2 BR includes one king, two queens and a sleeper sofa (queen I think). Pretty sure there is also a sleeper chair in the living room now. At THV, there are two queens, a bunkbed, queen sleep sofa and single sleep chair. The bunk beds seem shorter than normal to me. Our son who is 5' is comfortable but...

Have fun whichever you choose.
Old 11-13-2012, 11:27 PM   #6
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

We loved loved loved he THV and I'd choose them for sure if your party was smaller. With a party your size, I'd go with the OKW.

As far as shopping, we used Garden Grocer and Kelly's Personal Disney Shopper for more specific items and a cake to celebrate DD's bat mitzvah.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:56 AM   #7
Redbudlover
DIS Veteran

I recommend using Tiffany Towncars as well. I use them every time I go down and they are reliable and reasonable and you get the grocery stop for free. Have also ordered groceries and dislike the prices and inability to choose what I want...
Redbudlover is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: