Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2012, 10:11 AM   #1
mickeymaker2003
DIS Veteran

Anyone not going to use their Brave Digital Copy

I was wondering if anyone bought the 3D version of Brave who isn't going to use their digital copy. I would love to have it and would be happy to pay for postage. Please PM me if you have one to share.

Thanks!
mickeymaker2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:19 AM   #2
JB2K
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeymaker2003 View Post
I was wondering if anyone bought the 3D version of Brave who isn't going to use their digital copy. I would love to have it and would be happy to pay for postage. Please PM me if you have one to share.

Thanks!
Not sure if anyone will take you up on this, since the code for the Digital Copy is also the same code used for Disney Movie Rewards...
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-13-2012, 11:37 AM   #3
ssawka
DIS Veteran

I can't wait to see the responses on this one! Technically, unless you purchase the 5 disc set, it is illegal for you to use the digital copy since you do not have a license for it. I am not the DRM police so I am not going to criticize you, but I'm sure others will.

Please show your support for GKTW!

"A man should never neglect his family for business." -W. Disney

"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." -W. Disney

"Adults are only kids grown up..." -W. Disney

(Me) (DD 12)

ssawka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:21 PM   #4
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB2K View Post
Not sure if anyone will take you up on this, since the code for the Digital Copy is also the same code used for Disney Movie Rewards...

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:43 PM   #5
Marionnette
Wishing On A Star
I stop in the middle and make others step over me while pretending not to understand English

Quote:

Thanks!
You can purchase a digital copy on itunes for $14.99.

I specifically purchased the 5-disc combo pack just so that I could get a digital copy. I really did not need both a 3D and regular blu-ray plus a DVD copy of the same movie but that was the only legitimate way to get both a hard copy and digital one. (Well, I could have bought a DVD and the itunes digital copy but it would have cost me more than the combo pack!)

Marionnette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:53 PM   #6
SandrA9810
DIS Veteran

I sure won't give up my DMR codes.

You might have better luck asking some one for the dvd disc, since most people will watch it in blu ray. All my combo packs, I keep the blu ray and give my aunt the DVD copy to watch.
SandrA9810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:40 PM   #7
su_A_ve
DIS Veteran

It is questionable as if one can make a digital copy of a movie you own or not.
'13 (5n Wonder), '13 (POR Xmas), '13 (3n Magic Post Xmas), '14 (CSR SWW)

°(((=((===°°°(((===========================================
su_A_ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:42 PM   #8
mickeymaker2003
DIS Veteran

My DD got it as a present as Blu Ray combo, but she opened it before I saw her:-( I always buy the digital copy version but its too late this time. The DMR codes can be entered into your account for points before anyone would send it if someone isn't using their digital copy.
Old 11-13-2012, 08:54 PM   #9
Marionnette
Wishing On A Star
I stop in the middle and make others step over me while pretending not to understand English

Quote:
Originally Posted by su_A_ve View Post
Disney sells some of their DVDs and Blu-rays with the rights to a digital copy for the buyer. You get a separate disc in the package with a code to activate the download of the movie. You pop it into the DVD drive of your computer and you can choose to get it in a Windows Media format or from itunes for your Apple device.

Or, like I mentioned above, you can buy just a digital copy from itunes. You can also purchase it from Amazon to stream any time on devices that are compatible with their media. And I just saw a commercial for Verizon FIOS subscribers to purchase a digital copy that they can stream anywhere for an unlimited number of times, as well.

There's nothing questionable about it.

Old 11-13-2012, 08:58 PM   #10
Marionnette
Wishing On A Star

Quote:
My DD got it as a present as Blu Ray combo, but she opened it before I saw her:-( I always buy the digital copy version but its too late this time. The DMR codes can be entered into your account for points before anyone would send it if someone isn't using their digital copy.
According to their website, you can contact Disney for a new code. You still need the activation disc., which you should have in the combo pack.
http://disney.go.com/disneyvideos/di.../textonly.html

Quote:
If you lost your insert or your insert is missing please call 800.723.4763 to find out how to replace your code. Or send an email to to contactus@disneystudiohelp.com and request a new code. Please include your name, address, a daytime phone number and where you bought your copy of DisneyFile Digital Copy. You may also fax your request to 888-832-6001

Old 11-13-2012, 09:09 PM   #11
mickeymaker2003
DIS Veteran

Thank you for the info Marionette, but we didn't lose the code. She was given the regular blu ray combo I stead if the one that comes with digital copy. Since she already opened it, I can't exchange it and pay the difference like I could have if she hadn't opened it :-(
Old 11-13-2012, 10:46 PM   #12
ssawka
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by su_A_ve View Post
That may be true, but you certainly do not have any rights for media you did not purchase a license for. Licensing can not be shared, though it can be transferred (i.e. the original purchaser can sell their copy, but then they no longer own a license to view the media.)

Please show your support for GKTW!

"A man should never neglect his family for business." -W. Disney

"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." -W. Disney

"Adults are only kids grown up..." -W. Disney

(Me) (DD 12)

ssawka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:06 PM   #13
TagsMissy
Counting down the days... It's not always easy being the wife of a soldier.

Sorry but if you want the digital copy I'm afraid you will need to actually purchase your own.
79-95 Numerous Disneyland Trips/98 POFQ /08 POR/09 POR, SSR/AKV Kidani & BLT/11 BWV & BLT/12 Aulani & Disneyland Club 33/13 DL Club 33/Wonder & BLT/BWV/14 AKV Jambo/VWL & DL Friend's Wedding Celebration & perhaps some 33 lovin' /15 DCL Fantasy Eastern Caribbean & BLT/GFV

TagsMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:45 PM   #14
JessB320
DIS Veteran

If you take your copy to Walmart, you and get a digital copy that will stream through VUDU for $2.00 for a DVD and I think $5.00 for blurays. You just need to be able to access VUDU on whatever device you are wanting to stream it onto.
JessB320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:42 AM   #15
SuzanneSLO
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessB320 View Post
If you take your copy to Walmart, you and get a digital copy that will stream through VUDU for $2.00 for a DVD and I think $5.00 for blurays. You just need to be able to access VUDU on whatever device you are wanting to stream it onto.
Have they reached an agreement with Disney? I thought Disney films could not be converted. -- Suzanne
SuzanneSLO is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: