Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2012, 02:16 PM   #1
Wendydagny
Mouseketeer

Resort Valet Parking Question

Going next week to WDW, and bringing our disabled daughter who is in a wheelchair/on a ventilator. If we drive to breakfast at Chef Mickey, I know that we can use complimentary valet parking due to the handicapped tag. Question is, how long are we allowed to stay parked there? Will we be able to just take the monorail into the MK for a few hours after, or do we need to move our vehicle? I know that if we were just parking in the regular lot, our time is limited, but I was under the impression that there was no time limit on valet. But also not sure that applies to the handicapped-tag-complimentary-valet.

It would be totally awesome if we did not have to put her through the trauma of another transfer, just to repark our vehicle.
Wendydagny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:18 PM   #2
owl0306
Mouseketeer

no time limit with valet. sp 3 hrs. I always valet at my resort and you can use it at others for 24 hrs with only being charged once. you will not be charged if you have a handicap sticker
owl0306 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-16-2012, 07:17 AM   #3
Ambassador
DIS Veteran

Just confirming the Owl's info is correct: valet parking is good for twenty four hours. The Contemporary is a good choice, because the elevators take you directly to the monorail platform and Chef Mickey's.
Old 11-16-2012, 07:45 AM   #4
Bete
DIS Veteran

Question What does sp 3 hrs mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by owl0306 View Post
no time limit with valet. sp 3 hrs. I always valet at my resort and you can use it at others for 24 hrs with only being charged once. you will not be charged if you have a handicap sticker
Sorry, I don't understand.

What's the charge for valet if you pay, not complimentary?
Bete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:38 AM   #5
disney david
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bete

Sorry, I don't understand.

What's the charge for valet if you pay, not complimentary?
Now it 15 dollars so it 1 dollar more the. Regular theme park park unless they changed that to.

Bring back Walter on the podcast we miss him
CHIP AND DALE ARE A LIST CHARACTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
disney david is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:44 AM   #6
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

Valet Parking at any of the deluxe hotels is $15.00 per day whether or not you are a Guest at the hotel. But if you have used valet parking at any of the hotels you may use valet parking the same calendar day at one of the other hotels without additional payment.

(Note that valet is a "tip position" and the valets do not get any portion of the fee; tipping is expected.)

Additionally, to get to any of the monorail hotels you have to pay $14.00 to get through the MK Parking Toll Plaza, unless you are a Guest at any Disney Resort or have an Annual Pass.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! Currently at Everything Pop Merchandise after nine years in Guest Services/Ticket Sales.

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:46 PM   #7
Wendydagny
Mouseketeer

We are staying on property, and we always tip valet. Thanks for the info!
Wendydagny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 03:11 PM   #8
A Mickeyfan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment View Post
Valet Parking at any of the deluxe hotels is $15.00 per day whether or not you are a Guest at the hotel. But if you have used valet parking at any of the hotels you may use valet parking the same calendar day at one of the other hotels without additional payment.

(Note that valet is a "tip position" and the valets do not get any portion of the fee; tipping is expected.)

Additionally, to get to any of the monorail hotels you have to pay $14.00 to get through the MK Parking Toll Plaza, unless you are a Guest at any Disney Resort or have an Annual Pass.
This is not true. I have picked up friends who have stayed at these resorts, and never had to even show my AP to get through free. I have also eaten at each, CR, Poly and GF without staying onsite and did not have to show my AP to get through. All you do is tell them at the booth where you are going and they direct you to the far right lane. In fact, you can even drive up through the other way now (past FW) on Vista Blvd, without even having to go through the parking lot booths. I know you are a CM, but that information you are giving is incorrect. If you plan on eating and then going to the MK, yes, you will have to pay. That is the legit thing to do.. however, just to access the resorts, you do not.
Old 11-17-2012, 03:13 PM   #9
disney david
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Mickeyfan
This is not true. I have picked up friends who have stayed at these resorts, and never had to even show my AP to get through free. I have also eaten at each, CR, Poly and GF without staying onsite and did not have to show my AP to get through. All you do is tell them at the booth where you are going and they direct you to the far right lane. In fact, you can even drive up through the other way now (past FW) without even having to go through the parking lot booths. I know you are a CM, but that information you are giving is incorrect. If you plan on eating and then going to the MK, yes, you will have to pay. That is the legit thing to do.. however, just to access the resorts, you do not.
Yeah your right you don't have to pay unless your going to park at mk. Because you can eat and shop at the resort without being a resorts guest.

Bring back Walter on the podcast we miss him
CHIP AND DALE ARE A LIST CHARACTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
disney david is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 03:26 PM   #10
A Mickeyfan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney david View Post
Yeah your right you don't have to pay unless your going to park at mk. Because you can eat and shop at the resort without being a resorts guest.
yep, and it has been years now since they removed that booth that was near Fort Wilderness on Vista Blvd. You can easily drive up that road and make a right onto World Drive and you are actually making that right past the parking booths. I know sometimes I go that way to pick up friends, it all depends on where I am coming from. Prior to the removal of the booth on Vista Blvd, you still go in that way, but had to explain to the CM in the booth where you were going, just as you do going through the regular booths, but you still got in and didn't have to pay. There never has been a fee to park at these resorts to visit, shop or eat at them.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: