Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2013, 11:17 PM   #31
Goofy'sPal
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILGoofy View Post
I did MNSSHP for the first time last year and I was with friends. I'm doing it this year solo. I think it's definitely worth it and nobody would notice you're alone because there's too much other stuff to look at. I'm still up in the air about dressing up. The parade and fireworks alone are worth it, I think.
Thank You for letting me know
Goofy'sPal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 03:02 PM   #32
DaisyDuck001
DIS Veteran

Spring and fall are both great weather and good times to go. If you can't manage two WDW trips in the same year, then my suggestion is do spring one year and then go in fall the next year.
DaisyDuck001 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-25-2013, 03:20 PM   #33
iheartmickey1111
Mouseketeer

I'm 28 and have been 3 times all by myself. The parade and fireworks are so awesome, as are the extra Halloween decorations just for the party. You can pretty much walk on to any of the rides without any wait. Like I said... I'm 28 and went 3 times by myself- just go, you won't regret it!

*1997- Disneyland*5/2009-Late Honeymoon at AKL (Army ruined our first one)*10/2011- Pop for the MK 40th Anniversary Celebration, MNSSHP, first SOLO trip!*4/2012- Coronado Springs*9/2012-Pop, MNSSHP, Wild Africa Trek, Haunted 5k Run
iheartmickey1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:22 PM   #34
iheartmickey1111
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by keltiesmom View Post
Do you have to be dressed up to trick or treat, and is it only for kids?
SOOO many adults go ALL OUT with their costumes, even if they dont have kids with them. So dont be afraid to dress up! Of course, there are plenty of people who don't dress up also!

*1997- Disneyland*5/2009-Late Honeymoon at AKL (Army ruined our first one)*10/2011- Pop for the MK 40th Anniversary Celebration, MNSSHP, first SOLO trip!*4/2012- Coronado Springs*9/2012-Pop, MNSSHP, Wild Africa Trek, Haunted 5k Run
iheartmickey1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 06:29 PM   #35
sue Z
Heading to the World soon!!!

will be going to of the parties when im in WDW between Sept 24-sept 30 leaving on the 1st I dont wear a costume just my Grumpy baseball shirt and shorts
I went solo for the first time 2 yrs ago and going again!!
Cant wait!!
Old 03-16-2013, 07:14 PM   #36
SaberJ
Mouseketeer

We went as a group of seven adults last year. The night we got MNSSHP tickets for was quite possibly the worst night of the trip. There was a big rain storm about an hour and a half before the event started. It was part of a larger storm that was looming on the horizon. We never got the thunder and lightning portion of it, but you could see it off in the distance.

As a precaution, they shut everything down, even the train. Luckily, that was the time we had our dinner scheduled for. So we got out of the downpour (not before getting soaked) long enough to eat. When we came back out, the rain was pretty much done. However, they delayed the parade and fireworks for over an hour as a result. The fireworks were absolutely amazing. A lot better than the standard show, and I love the standard show. The parade was also amazing, but unfortunately we didn't get the headless horseman.

It was a terrible situation, and there was a huge line of people attempting (to no avail) to get their tickets refunded at Guest Services. But we stuck it out, and enjoyed every second of the somewhat shortened experience. Once the Fireworks and Parade finished, we got maybe an hour to ride rides before the park closed. And most of that time was impossible to move around due to the second parade coming through. We also didn't have the person interacting with guests at The Haunted Mansion.

Moral of the story, MNNSHP is incredible. But pick your night wisely. We got our tickets in advance. If I had to do it over again, I would've waited until we were close enough to see the weather for the week before getting the tickets. I'm 31 now (30 at the time), and while I went with a large group, we were all adults who had no shame in loving every second of the event.

The Group
Old 03-17-2013, 03:29 PM   #37
ToddyLu
Welcome aboard explorers- I love Mr. Ray

DH and I go to every shceduled party during our trips. This year we will go to the last MNSSHP and the first MVMCP...I hope.

You are correct...the parks can close early and once the hours are posted I plan accordingly. You can get into MK at 4 p.m. on the day of the party. You will get an armband and can stay until MN. They do a pretty good job of getting non party goers out at 7. If it were me I would get the MNSSHP ticket and maybe shorten my MYW ticket by a day.

So for our upcoming trip we will get two party tickets and a six day PH or APs. Hoping to do three trips on that one AP.

The decor is great. We do not trick or treat (no kids) and do not wait in character lines. We really enjoy the parade and fireworks and the late evening.

Generally EPCOT has EMH on Fridays during Oct and F&W. MK will have a party night on Fridays usually. So if you plan to do EPCOT on a Friday night be sure to plan ahead. AK closes at 6, DHS at 8 and MK at 7. Guess where everyone goes....yep, EPCOT. Another reason we just go to the party.
first trip ASMo 2002, ASMo 2003, ASMo 2004 twice, ASMo 2005, POFQ 2006, Pop 2007, Pop 12/2008 with DDP, AKV SV 10/09 with DDP, AKV SV 12/10, AKV 5/11, AKV SV 10/11, AKV 5/12, AKV 10/12, AKV 11/13, AKV 5/14, AKV 10/14, AKV 5/15, Fall 2016
My DH loves me for my points!!
ToddyLu is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: