Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2013, 12:20 PM   #1
StupidJudy
Earning My Ears

Planning a Romantic Night in WDW

Hello!

We are leaving for Disney World in 31 days woohoo!! My husband, myself, our lil guy, 4, and my dad & stepmom. Since my parents will be with us, they're going to take our son for one of the nights so that my husband and I can have a break.

I want to suprise him with something unique and romantic. I've thought of the obvious things to do i.e. dinner in italy or the Grand Floridian. But i'm trying to think of something more unique, fun, and intimate than sitting in a stuffy restaraunt.

Anybody have any suggestions? Thanks!
StupidJudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:50 PM   #2
jagfanjosh3252
#1 fan of the Jacksonville Jaguars

So many suggestions. What does he like? You can do a firework cruise(either Wishes or llumination) or a nice tour(Segway around WS). Dinner and bowling at Spljtsville in DTD. An AKL tour at night.

Lol. I could go on. Jus name some things he likes.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-23-2013, 02:53 PM   #3
Kelleigh710
Mouseketeer

I love planning romantic stuff! My husband and I have done a private dinner at the Grand Floridian on the 4th floor balcony. We had a 5 course meal, had a great view of the fireworks and had our own private butler. Call Pat Anderson at the grand Floridian and she can assist you. You do not have to stay there to do that. Also, there are romantic carriage rides at Port Orleans Riverside. They cost $35 and are about 1/2 hour. Another fave of ours is the couples massage at the Spa at Saratoga Springs (Grand Floridian offers it as well) and that could be a nice prelude to a romantic dinner.
11/2013 Dolphin/BLT ~ 11/2014 BLT
Just me and DH
Kelleigh710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:13 PM   #4
StupidJudy
Earning My Ears

Nice suggestions! I didn't know about fireworks cruises. that sounds cool. The carriage ride is definately an option since that happens to be where we're staying.

Name some things he likes.... Well, we're both shy people and large crowds make us nervous (we make an exception for WDW because the fun times make it worth it.) We like to be laid-back, but we're totally open to something new.
StupidJudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:03 PM   #5
LaBelleVie
Nose In A Book

What about a Characters in Flight balloon ride at Downtown Disney?
LaBelleVie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:40 PM   #6
pixie08
DIS Veteran

1. Victoria & Alberts if you can swing it (choose the early seating then watch fireworks from the GF marina)

2. The new spa at the GF followed by dinner.

3. The spa at the Dolphin (Mandara) has an amazing couples suite with a jacuzzi etc, then head to dinner at Yachtsmen or Kouzzina and take a stroll on the Boardwalk in the evening- so much fun and romantic!

4. Private Illuminations dessert party at EPCOT (could be pricey)

5. Illuminations/wishes cruise

6. Cirque de soliel and dinner in DTD

7. grab a pina colada and a hammock (get there early) at the Poly for wishes tropical style.
Old 02-05-2013, 07:21 AM   #7
andrewlb54
Earning My Ears

Depends on your style

My wife and I try to do something different every time we go and its usually up to me to do the planning. One of our favorite things we have tried is the "Monorail Crawl". Its the same idea as a pub crawl but you get go to the different bars at the Big 3 on the monorail. What makes it even more fun is the Bartenders encourage it. If you are so inclined, they will even make you a to go drink to take to your next stop. If you time it right, you'll be on the beach at the Poly for Wishes. Each bar has a pretty great food selection too, so no need to get dinner, you can just snack along the way. When you are all done, just get off at the ticket and transportation center and catch your bus back to Port Orleans. Simple, fun and no driving! Another thing we love to do is go to Jellyrollz on The Boardwalk. It's a dueling piano bar and they are a ton of fun to watch and listen too. A drawback is that there is no food here besides complimentary popcorn and because it's the Boardwalk, you'll have to drive. World Showcase at night is one of the more beautiful sights to see for us, so an evening of snacking and a few drinks around the world is another one of our favorites. Raglan Road in Downtown Disney is quickly becoming one of our favorite stops. The mix of Irish step dancing and some great musicians is a blast. The food there is also unique and quite tasty. I know these ideas revolving around drinking, and that may not be what you are into. You definitely don't need to drink to make these ideas fun.

Seeing as everyone else mentioned some greats ideas I figured I'd throw you a few in the other direction. Is going to a bar unique? Maybe not, but it's all what you make it. As for being shy, all the two of you need is each and a good conversation and you'll have a great night. I hope I helped with a few more adult suggestions, sorry if this isn't your guys style though.
andrewlb54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:10 PM   #8
Pumbaa7287
I am the great Stone Dragon!
You may ask why someone would want to inflict that kind of pain on themselves

While not as romantic, I'll second the recommendation someone made earlier about the Segway tours around WS. The Illuminations cruises are a blast. We've done them before by ourselves and with friends.

Kungaloosh!

Oh the places you'll go:
Animal Kingdom Lodge, Beach Club, Old Key West, Wilderness Lodge, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs, Port Orleans Resort, Saratoga Springs, All-Star Movies, Pop Century

And miles to go before I sleep:
Boardwalk Inn, Contemporary, Grand Floridian, Polynesian, Yacht Club, All-Star Music, All-Star Sports, Art of Animation

10 down, 8 to go!
Pumbaa7287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:55 AM   #9
AdamRos19
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelleigh710
I love planning romantic stuff! My husband and I have done a private dinner at the Grand Floridian on the 4th floor balcony. We had a 5 course meal, had a great view of the fireworks and had our own private butler. Call Pat Anderson at the grand Floridian and she can assist you. You do not have to stay there to do that. Also, there are romantic carriage rides at Port Orleans Riverside. They cost $35 and are about 1/2 hour. Another fave of ours is the couples massage at the Spa at Saratoga Springs (Grand Floridian offers it as well) and that could be a nice prelude to a romantic dinner.
What did that run you (private dinner at the grand) I would be interested to hear more on how this works.
AdamRos19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 08:14 PM   #10
Needafix
I'm trying to make the most of every minute

CA Grill during fireworks

I can't wait to do the monorail crawl. Don't forget you can also see the electrical water parade from any of those resorts.

Epcot resorts all have cute hidden bars that are fun to find. I think walking around the Boardwalk is so beautiful and romantic.

One of my most memorable and fun times was eating dinner in Epcot, watching Illuminations and rushing over to MK for Wishes. It was close, but we made it and it was sooooo much fun.

Hubby has a Mickey tattoo, but has never been to Disney!!! March 22, 2015 can't come soon enough!!! We are going big!!! :

Visits - WL (surprise trip w/Nick 6/11, Dolphin (Alenda's 60th) 6/10, BC-3/10, BW-8/05, WL & Off-site-6/05, WL/Swan-5/02, GF/Dolphin-1/01, Dolphin-1/00, Poly CL-5/00, POR-4/97, Off-site & Dolphin-5/96, CBR-5/90 - Prior as a kid-Poly, Cont and off-site
Needafix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:06 AM   #11
soulmates
traveling through life, with the one I love

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

We're in the same boat as the OP. We're traveling with two 17 year old girls....so we will have lots of alone time. We're staying at POFQ so the carriage ride is a MUST for us too....but I'm thinking THIS may be the trip we finally do an Illuminations Cruise.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: