Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: POLL-- Does Starbucks Belong at Walt Disney World?
Yes, I love Starbucks 268 38.34%
No Way Starbucks is overrated 137 19.60%
Depends on the Price 7 1.00%
I don't care 144 20.60%
Disney should offer something "special" not Starbucks 128 18.31%
It's fine, but I will get my coffee elsewhere 15 2.15%
Voters: 699. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-13-2012, 09:46 AM   #31
wolf29
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshmanjs View Post
the poll is terribly constructed. first of all, the main question does not reflect the plan. it talks about replacing MSB with Starbucks. That is not the plan.

Secondly, there should be options like "Not if it is going to look like a standard starbucks store" and "yes, if it is really well themed and continues to serve the pastries i like"

I am pretty certain that this is the plan and I think it's a great thing. I'll be happy to be able to have a good cup of coffee with my pastry while walking down Main St in the morning.
Old 11-13-2012, 09:49 AM   #32
Kae
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlightlessDuck View Post
Having now read the actual blog post, I am going to hold back official opinion until I visit. It is more than just adding coffee. The bakery is getting refurbed. It will maintain a Main Street theme, but will serve Starbucks bakery items as well as coffee.

I hope they keep the old cinnamon rolls.
I thought I heard those will be selling in FantasyLand.

Kae
Oct 1999-POFQ May 1996-AS Music May 1994-Travel Lodge DTD Dec 1971-Contemporary
DisneyLand-March 2006
Kae is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-13-2012, 11:01 AM   #33
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Meh. This whole thing has been a tempest in a coffee pot. Run as many polls, threads and petitions as you like, this is a done deal. It is going to happen whether we like the idea or not.

Me? Can't get upset by one more sponsorship deal with a major corporation since it has been commonplace since Day 1 at DL. Can't get upset by modifications to the number and types of goods offered in the bakery, since that has changed over time too. And Disney may be a lot of things, but stupid isn't one of them. Who would really think that they would knowingly plunk a regular Starbucks themed building smack in the middle of Mainstreet? If they didin't do it for McDonalds, why would people think they would do it now?

I'm not thrilled down to my baby toes by the thought of being able to buy Starbucks coffee inside the parks - I don't particularly like their coffee. But at least it bears a passing resemblance to what a decent cup of coffee should taste like, so I may buy the occasional cup (as long as the predicted long lines don't extend all the way to the train station).
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:05 AM   #34
*~PrincessBelle~*
DIS Veteran

Are we really still going on about this? The countless threads, whining, and petitions are really starting to drive me nuts. Its happening. Get over it.

Perhaps we should start a new poll - Who wants to stop reading about people complaining in all the over dramatized threads about Starbucks?
*~PrincessBelle~* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:12 AM   #35
SaraJayne
Stop moving those smilies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie mum View Post
Meh. This whole thing has been a tempest in a coffee pot. Run as many polls, threads and petitions as you like, this is a done deal. It is going to happen whether we like the idea or not.

Me? Can't get upset by one more sponsorship deal with a major corporation since it has been commonplace since Day 1 at DL. Can't get upset by modifications to the number and types of goods offered in the bakery, since that has changed over time too. And Disney may be a lot of things, but stupid isn't one of them. Who would really think that they would knowingly plunk a regular Starbucks themed building smack in the middle of Mainstreet? If they didin't do it for McDonalds, why would people think they would do it now?

I'm not thrilled down to my baby toes by the thought of being able to buy Starbucks coffee inside the parks - I don't particularly like their coffee. But at least it bears a passing resemblance to what a decent cup of coffee should taste like, so I may buy the occasional cup (as long as the predicted long lines don't extend all the way to the train station).

SaraJayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:20 AM   #36
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

Serving Starbucks at Disney for those that enjoy it is fine with me. I don't personally like their coffee as it has a *burned* taste to me, so we bring and make our own.

I would rather that they *serve* it rather than have a Starbucks that mostly serve their products, especially if they change MSB a lot, or quit serving the pastries that we enjoy so much. But, other than that, I have no issues with it.
North of Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:37 AM   #37
crashbb
DIS Veteran

I voted for the closest option, but none were really right for me. I'm happy to see it come in (don't really enjoy many of the current MSB offerings), but I don't "love Starbucks".
crashbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:20 PM   #38
gluvsmickey
WDW is our HAPPY PLACE!

I voted no but not because its overrated but because I DO NOT want it to replace MSB!!!!!! I cant believe they would replace such a staple with a "brand", Why not build a special spot for a new starbucks not replace a beloved spot!
First Trips offsite '89-'92, Dixie Landings '93, '94, '95, CBR '96, '97, CSR '98, missed 1999 & 2000, ASMo 4/2001, missed 2002 DBF(soon to be DH didn't want to go), POR 5/2003 for honeymoon, Offsite 10/2003, missed 2004 (had first DS), POP Ben's 1st trip!10/2005, POP 3/2006, POP 3/2007, POFQ 12/2007, POR 2/2008, POP 1/2009 (first trip for DS #2), POR/AKL 12/2009, POFQ 4/2010, POP 10/2010, VWL 4/2011, AKV Savannah View (first trip for just the 4 of us!) 9/2011!! Matthew's 1st trip! Nov. 28-Dec. 6, 2012 AOA!! May 4-11, 2013 Bonnet Creek for the 1st time!!! Nov. 2-10, 2013 split stay SS/AKV!!! 3/29-4/3, 2014 Bonnet Creek Presidential Suite!
Gina 34 Mark 35 Ben(9) Luke(5) Matthew (2)
gluvsmickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:22 PM   #39
freshmanjs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gluvsmickey View Post
I voted no but not because its overrated but because I DO NOT want it to replace MSB!!!!!! I cant believe they would replace such a staple with a "brand", Why not build a special spot for a new starbucks not replace a beloved spot!
They aren't replacing it.
Old 11-13-2012, 12:23 PM   #40
Texas Barbie
Mouseketeer

I think there is certainly a place for corporate sponsorship if it is done tastefully, and it sounds as though Disney has this in mind. Some things are just done better by outside sources. What would DTD be without the Ghiradelli shop?
Texas Barbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:33 PM   #41
chicklet2
Mouseketeer

We Just returned from our first trip to Disneyland.We go to WDW at least four times a ear and thought we would go see disneys older sister.

We went to the Starbucks location at California Adventure and it was great. There is not a big Starbucks sign or anything to take away from the Disney magic, the cafe has its own disney name. Inside you can order the usual Starbucks goodies and they even had some deserts especially for Disney. We had a fancy cupcake there that was best of our vacation. The option to get a nice latte is great but if you don't like Starbucks than you can just pass by. It's very popular, all over the park people were carrying Starbucks and even would park jump just to go grab one.

So this is just my experience on the Starbucks. Disney will tie care to integrate Starbucks nicely in WDW like they did in California. If you like Starbucks, you will enjoy having it on your trip. if you don't then walk by.
chicklet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:43 PM   #42
Bullseye
Faithful Companion

I am going to lay down in front of the bakery when the bulldozers start moving in!

Brunette, your poll is fine and adding Starbucks coffee to the menu at MSB is also fine!

Ballad Of Bullseye ~ Bullseye my pony, Bullseye my pride, Bullseye mi amigo, Bullseye I will ride. Across the wide prairie, beneath the blue sky, We'll ride on forever just me and Bullseye...

Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:48 PM   #43
brunette8706
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
I am going to lay down in front of the bakery when the bulldozers start moving in!

Brunette, your poll is fine and adding Starbucks coffee to the menu at MSB is also fine!
Hey Bullseye! Thank you! How are you? I hope you voted. This poll was more for fun than anything really "serious".

Hope you are doing fantastic!

Brunette
Old 11-13-2012, 12:51 PM   #44
luvthemouse71
Cries like a baby at Illuminations..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney_Princess83 View Post
It seems to be far more people are interested in attacking freshmanjs. Considering there are now a number of people attacking freshmanjs, it's more of an issue for the other people who are getting so bothered over a cup of coffee. With all the hysteria, you'd think Mickey was going to be running around with the Starbucks logo as ears.

Anyway............

I'm excited for this change. It will be nice not to have to go off property for a decent cup of coffee. Knowing what we know about the DCA location, knowing that MSB isn't actually closing and only getting Starbucks added, it's a welcome change. Disney has finally listened to it's patrons about their very limited (and terrible!) coffee options and are doing something about it.
It's kind of amusing to watch the hysteria though. And I for one am happy at the thought of coffee that doesn't taste like crap.

MSB needed tweaking anyway. The cinnamon rolls were OK, but hardly worth all the crying that's going on now. Plus, you can still get many of these items elsewhere in the park. This may involve more walking, which I think some people are upset about as well.
Old 11-13-2012, 02:52 PM   #45
tinkermommyof3
DIS Veteran

More choices are always great. From what it looks like, it will be a nice balance of Starbucks and Disney.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: