Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-26-2012, 12:10 PM   #1
Cant wait for Disney
DIS Veteran

Photopass question

We got the email saying that our pics are going to expire in a week. If we aren't ready to buy, but don't want to lose them, can they be saved in the site anywhere? Thanks!

1st trip-off site 1990's, 2nd-Wilderness Lodge, 3rd-Disney Cruise, 4th-Boardwalk Inn 5th-1999 class trip offsite, 6th-2001 class trip-All Star Music, 7th-2009 Just me and DH Coronado Springs, 8th-2009 Mom's 50th-Yacht Club, 9th-2011 Boardwalk Villas, 10th-2012 Animal Kingdom Lodge, Kidani Village, 11th-2014 Bay Lake Tower

Completed our 1st runDisney race! TOT 10 Miler 2014
Cant wait for Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 12:14 PM   #2
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cant wait for Disney View Post
We got the email saying that our pics are going to expire in a week. If we aren't ready to buy, but don't want to lose them, can they be saved in the site anywhere? Thanks!
No, but you can purchase an extension through the site.
Register to remove

Old 12-26-2012, 12:15 PM   #3
LarryFmScotland
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cant wait for Disney View Post
Yes. But it's limited and not free. See the quote from the Photopass site. You will need to go into your account to find the current fee.

Cheers Larry.

Photo Storage Extension

If you need more time, you may purchase a 15-day extension for the Disney’s PhotoPass photos in your account. If photos have already expired from your account, those photos cannot be extended. To purchase a storage extension, select the desired extension time from the Products tab, under "Digital Products" and add the extension to your cart. Complete your order as directed. Upon completion of your order, your expiration date will be re-set based on which extension length you chose. Your new photo expiration date will display on your photos when you view them one-by-one (from the "Enhance" tab). You will need to log out and log back in after you purchase storage extension to view the updated photo expiration date(s).
LarryFmScotland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 12:19 PM   #4
Cant wait for Disney
DIS Veteran

thanks so much for the info, i didnt know about that! Guess maybe we better figure out a way to buy the ones we like!

1st trip-off site 1990's, 2nd-Wilderness Lodge, 3rd-Disney Cruise, 4th-Boardwalk Inn 5th-1999 class trip offsite, 6th-2001 class trip-All Star Music, 7th-2009 Just me and DH Coronado Springs, 8th-2009 Mom's 50th-Yacht Club, 9th-2011 Boardwalk Villas, 10th-2012 Animal Kingdom Lodge, Kidani Village, 11th-2014 Bay Lake Tower

Completed our 1st runDisney race! TOT 10 Miler 2014
Cant wait for Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:01 PM   #5
Escape Artist
Planning another getaway

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryFmScotland View Post

Photo Storage Extension

...Your new photo expiration date will display on your photos when you view them one-by-one (from the "Enhance" tab)...
Just wanted to say 'Thank You' to the pp who mentioned the expiration dates on the photo pass photos. I have two different dates in there, so now I know what to keep my eye on so I don't lose them!

Also, I'd tried to look up my Photopass pictures from October a couple of weeks ago, but saw that they'd expired. I was so suprised this morning to find an email saying that they were still available. I think they must have tracked my request and re-activated them or something, because they certainly weren't there at the beginning of January. I feel like I got lucky this time!

Is this usual?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Escape Artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:52 PM   #6
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escape Artist View Post

Is this usual?
October and still available in January? Nope. Lucky!

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:20 PM   #7
Escape Artist
Planning another getaway

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
October and still available in January? Nope. Lucky!
Well, I think I got a sprinkle of Disney magic, then. The current expiration date on my MNSSHP party pictures from mid-October (around the 16th?) is 2-5-13.

All I did was type in my Photopass card number a couple of weeks ago, and the system came right back and told me there were no photos in my account. Then the mystery email popped up today!

Hope the magic gets shared with anyone else who'd appreciate it, too!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 01-26-2013, 09:25 PM   #8
serene56
DIS Veteran

i dont understand why you are waiting on your photos trying to figure out what one you want to buy.

you should be getting alll the photos'if you purchasd the phtopass and then take the cd to a place at home to have copies made.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:35 PM   #9
serene56
DIS Veteran

i dont understand why you are waiting on your photos trying to figure out what one you want to buy.

you should be getting alll the photos'if you purchasd the phtopass and then take the cd to a place at home to have copies made.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:49 AM   #10
Escape Artist
Planning another getaway

Quote:
Originally Posted by serene56 View Post

I didn't buy the Photopass disk up front; we've been to Disney quite a bit and already have a million photos. No one wants a million more, and I have no need to buy their expensive disk for just a shot or two. I had a couple of shots from the MNSSHP I thought I might want, but when I got home, I got busy with the holidays and didn't realize they expired so quickly. When I found out I could stop in at WDW for a few days in January, I checked to see if my old photos were still available, and that's where this story started. Then apparently I got lucky, so I thought I'd share what happened with me for anyone else who was interested.

Moral of the story - if you know you want to buy the disk, do it up front; if you don't, make sure you get the pictures you want right away!

I used to scrapbook, but I don't waste the money or effort to buy and preserve tons of photos anymore. I live more in the moment, treasure my own pictures, and keep the few shots that truly are keepsakes to me.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: