Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2012, 02:09 PM   #1
kjg5
Mouseketeer

Wedding Chapel Near Aulani?

Hello all! I'm starting this thread on behalf of my sister who is planning her Sept wedding in Hawaii. We're staying at Aulani, but she wants to get married in a chapel. Has anyone used the Ko Olina Chapel Place of Joy? That's her first choice since it's within walking distance, but she's certainly open to suggestions! She's willing to rent transportation if necessary. Thanks!
Celebrated our First Anniversary (a bit early) 5/2012 (CSR)
kjg5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:25 PM   #2
tric8783
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjg5 View Post
Hello all! I'm starting this thread on behalf of my sister who is planning her Sept wedding in Hawaii. We're staying at Aulani, but she wants to get married in a chapel. Has anyone used the Ko Olina Chapel Place of Joy? That's her first choice since it's within walking distance, but she's certainly open to suggestions! She's willing to rent transportation if necessary. Thanks!
We got married in WDW and then honeymooned at Aulani. We didn't get married there, but the Place of Joy Chapel is right next to Aulani, on the same lagoon/inlet and shares the beach. We saw several couples per day come out from the chapel and take their pictures on the beach. I have a few pictures in my TR but I'm not sure exact page or etc. If she uses the Chapel of Joy, she won't need transportation at all. The chapel is literally right next to Ama Ama restaurant. There is also an inter-resort shuttle within the Ko Olina area that will stop at all the other resorts, marina, etc. There is another one two lagoons over that looked pretty too (looks like a large black triangle/ very modern looking). Let me know if you have questions about Aulani Congrats to your sister!
Old 11-17-2012, 08:18 PM   #3
kjg5
Mouseketeer

Thank you so much!
Celebrated our First Anniversary (a bit early) 5/2012 (CSR)
kjg5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: