Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2012, 11:32 AM   #16
Pixie*Pirate
It IS the happiest place on earth!

Congrats on the Disneymoon! I can't wait to read more!!

Old 01-04-2013, 09:31 PM   #17
Alysa
DIS Veteran

Hi Rach, Great start on your report, just saw it now. Looking forward to reading more! Beautiful photos, you both look so happy!
78 & 85: Offsite w. parents, 00: New Years Eve at Port Orleans & Anniversary at BWV, 01: Star Wars Weekend at POR & Christmas at GF & BWV, 04: Baby's first trip AKL, 05: Spring at BCV; 06: Big Family Trip, BCV & Vero-WL homeless trip, 08: Minnie Marathon with my sister, Big family Not so scary halloween party, 10: Star Wars Weekend boys trip & Vero/WL summer holiday, Big Family Christmas, 11: Star Wars weekend, Summer road trip, 13: Halloween without mum

Up next June 2015 Changing my Life
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-08-2013, 04:30 PM   #18
RachVH
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
Caught up! That sounds like quite the downpour! Buses always seem to bring out the worst in people… at least you managed to squish through and let those other people on the bus. Great pics from DTD! I look forward to seeing more.
I agree, buses make adults act like children sometimes! More coming right up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie*Pirate View Post
Congrats on the Disneymoon! I can't wait to read more!!
Thank you! New installment up next!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alysa View Post
Hi Rach, Great start on your report, just saw it now. Looking forward to reading more! Beautiful photos, you both look so happy!
Thanks for stopping by Alysa! You have a very good reason to be a little behind on your DisBoards reading, hope your family are doing well. I need to catch up on your PTR again!
Old 01-08-2013, 05:30 PM   #19
RachVH
Mouseketeer

Day Two, Part One, October 6, 2012

Hello readers! It appears that I have to apologize again for such a delay in my posting to this TR. My only explanation is that the Christmas season was absolutely insane for us. We had my BIL's wedding the weekend of the 15th, and my DH was in the wedding that meant we were away for the weekend. We were at my MIL's for both Christmas and New Years, and traveled 2 hours away to a volleyball tourney the weekend in between! Needless to say I was very grateful that they only time I left my house this weekend was to go grocery shopping!

Anyway back to the report. OH! First things first I need to add something on to our DtD Friday night! While I was planning this trip Ry and I were already mulling another the following year. I knew from my research that the "break even" point for AP to make sens was about 10 days of park tickets. I also knew that we had Victoria and Albert's reservations for during our Disneymoon, so having a TiW card would pay for itself with only that meal... Long story short, I convinced my DH that taking two trips in a 12 month period made more monetary sense than taking one trip each year back to back, so we upgraded to AP's at DtD and purchased our first TiW card! We also asked about the elusive "Just Married" pins at guest services. They sad they didn't have any, but advised us to check at one of the water parks, as people rarely ask for pins there because they aren't wearing anything suitable to pin them onto! You will just have to stick around to find out if we got them! Ok, now that I've handled what I forgot in my last installment, here's todays!

Day Two, Part One, October 6, 2012

I got up first this morning, determined to make RD on our first full Disney day. In what would become our pattern for the trip, I got up first, showered and then headed to the QS restaurant to fill up our refillable mugs. Diet Coke for me and coffee for my DH. (A few days later I also started bringing down our bagels to toast in the toasters there too). When I got back to the room Ry would have already showered and we would eat breakfast and drink out refillable drinks before heading out to the buses.

As this was my first morning to really appreciate the resort, I took some early morning pictures. The resort was so quiet and peaceful.

This was the view from right outside our room:

Poor lost balloons in the tree!

Everything was just so still

As it was still early, I allowed myself to take a little photo tour around the central area of the resort:

After we were fully caffeinated and fed, we headed out to the bus stop at about 8:15 a.m. When we arrived we noticed that there were an awful lot of people waiting for the stop for DHS and MK. Here's the conversation that ensued.

Ry: Why are there so many people at that bus stop and practically nobody at this one.

Me: They probably want to go to DHS, it has EMH this morning...

We wait and notice that yes, everyone does get on the bus to DHS when it arrives before the AK bus.

Ry: Why are they going to DHS? It's already *consults his watch* 8:20, by the time they get to the park EMH will be almost over and the park will be extra crowded because it is an EMH day. That's stupid, didn't they do their research?

Me: I love you.

Seriously though, sometimes it is awesome being married to an engineer. Logic and a reasoned argument supported by facts will win them over every time.

We eventually boarded our bus and arrived here with 15 minutes to spare before RD.

There were a few people in front of us...

Well, at least we made RD right? Up next, the start of our only AK day!
Old 01-08-2013, 10:07 PM   #20
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

I love your early morning shots at the resort! Everything looks so peaceful.

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Old 01-09-2013, 10:05 AM   #21
SoccerDogWithEars
DIS Veteran

Ohhh!!! Ohhhh!!!!!! I know the answer to this one!!!!!

I was THERE Oct. 6 (and one resort over, at Riverside). That morning, the buses got all sorts of screwed up. I think we waited more than 30 mins for the stupid DHS bus to come. Which, of course, meant that everyone waiting at the bus stop was going to DHS, since every other park bus had come through at least twice. This also effectively ruined any chances of getting there for EMH. So, going off of our experience, and the fact that I think we shared this bus with POFQ, it wasn't that the people had deliberately chosen to go this late, it was just that no bus had come before then. *takes a breath* It also didn't help that that was the morning we accidentally overslept. Because, you know, in Disney Time 7:45 is waaaay too late in the morning

In other news, anxiously awaiting the next update

Old 01-20-2013, 09:21 AM   #22
RachVH
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
I love your early morning shots at the resort! Everything looks so peaceful.
I know, right? And thank you! We really did love POFQ and it would take a pretty awesome deal for us to considering changing or even upgrading to a deluxe. The resort was pretty close to perfect. And I enjoyed the quiet stillness every morning on my run to refill our mugs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerDogWithEars View Post
Ohhh!!! Ohhhh!!!!!! I know the answer to this one!!!!!

I was THERE Oct. 6 (and one resort over, at Riverside). That morning, the buses got all sorts of screwed up. I think we waited more than 30 mins for the stupid DHS bus to come. Which, of course, meant that everyone waiting at the bus stop was going to DHS, since every other park bus had come through at least twice. This also effectively ruined any chances of getting there for EMH. So, going off of our experience, and the fact that I think we shared this bus with POFQ, it wasn't that the people had deliberately chosen to go this late, it was just that no bus had come before then. *takes a breath* It also didn't help that that was the morning we accidentally overslept. Because, you know, in Disney Time 7:45 is waaaay too late in the morning

In other news, anxiously awaiting the next update
Oh my goodness that is awful! I apologize for assuming that all of the people waiting for the DHS bus were all late! I can't believe that there would be so much of a screw up with buses, especially buses going to the park that had EMH that morning. I would have been so angry! Hope you were still able to have a good day and get over what would have had to have been an aggravating morning.
Old 01-20-2013, 10:37 AM   #23
sheila <3 WDW
DIS Veteran

Great report so far! We are staying at POFQ for the first time in March and are celebrating our 10 year anniversary! Can't wait to read more about your trip!

The third time’s the charm! A March 2013 10th anniversary pre-trip report! The 3rd time's the charm! Our 10th anniversary March 2013 TR!
The 3rd time's the charm! Our 10th anniversary 03-2013 Dining Report!
Old 01-20-2013, 10:54 AM   #24
RachVH
Mouseketeer

Day Two, Part Two, October 6, 2012

So, there we were, in back of a whole lot of people waiting patiently for about 15 minutes for AK to open for the day. First, we had a couple of pictures taken. I refer to my look on this day as "Disney Sherpa Chic" because I was carrying my vera hipster, with carrabiners attached which held my brita water bottle, Ry's water bottle, and also flip flops for both of us in case we road Kali that day. It was quite the look:

After we documented the start of our day, I began to determine our plan for attack. The cm's had already started to split the crowd into two groups, those heading for the safari and those headed for Everest. We knew we were headed for Everest, so we started out following the crowd around that side of AK. Then I took us around to EE via Dinoland, along with several other people. By powerwalking the entire way we were able to reach EE just ahead of the mass of people walking behind the rope. I starting joggin galong with a mother and her maybe seven year old son. I cm called out to us, "No running!" and the mom responded "That's easy for you to say, there aren't 500 people trying to get in line ahead of you!"

We walked on our first ride and I have to admit I was a little nervous. Not for myself, but for Ryan. He's not a big rollercoaster person, and this was going to be the test run. His verdict?

He loved it! From watching Stacy in our room he was under the impression you went all the way up to the top and then came all the way back down backwards. Because the ride actually kept changing directions he really enjoyed it. We took two quick rides on Expedition Everest and on our second ride I took a few pictures along the way.

We both loved EE and for the entire trip it stayed on our list of favorite rides.

After EE, we walked over and grabbed FP for the safari:

Not a bad return time considering we had already ridden EE twice! FP in hand we headed over to Dinosaur.

Now neither of us had ever ridden this ride before, and I didn't really know what to expect. It gets mixed reviews from people, so I didn't really have high expectations. Well, maybe that was a good thing, because we really liked it! I mean, it's not the greatest of rides, but it's fun! With three rides under our belts and only a little over an hour in the park, we headed toward Kilimanjaro Safari.

Up next, our trip on the Safari!
Old 01-20-2013, 10:59 AM   #25
RachVH
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheila <3 WDW View Post
Great report so far! We are staying at POFQ for the first time in March and are celebrating our 10 year anniversary! Can't wait to read more about your trip!
Welcome! Congratulations on your anniversary! I hope you love POFQ as much as we did.
Old 01-20-2013, 11:41 AM   #26
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

I'm glad that he enjoyed EE! I've ridden it before, but I still haven't made up my mind how I feel about it lol You got quite a bit accomplished that morning, which is always nice too!

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Old 01-20-2013, 03:04 PM   #27
beachta1
Mouseketeer

Just joining your TR! I'd love to have a disneymoon. Can't wait to hear more.
Old 01-20-2013, 03:07 PM   #28
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Great TR....Congrats on your Disneymoon!
Old 01-22-2013, 09:42 PM   #29
SoccerDogWithEars
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachVH View Post
Oh my goodness that is awful! I apologize for assuming that all of the people waiting for the DHS bus were all late! I can't believe that there would be so much of a screw up with buses, especially buses going to the park that had EMH that morning. I would have been so angry! Hope you were still able to have a good day and get over what would have had to have been an aggravating morning.
Haha, it's okay. Had we been in your situation, I'm sure we would have thought the same thing. We just happened to be one of those poor souls at the DHS bus stop. The day turned out a lot better....but that might be because we spent the afternoon DATW

Old 01-22-2013, 10:40 PM   #30
SimplyGoofy
"You are not Mickey Mouse... you are a rat!" "Rat, shmat. Besides, they're tourists. What do they know?"

What a great start to your Disneymoon report! I LOVED your alternative trip report titles - I always have to join a report when they make me laugh out loud.

As someone who's eaten early at Tusker House just to beat the crowds to the safari, I will agree that it's a crazy sight to see the MASSIVE crowd that is rushing behind you!

I look forward to the next segment!

Feb 2012 - A Savanna, A Wizard, and Oodles of Food - AKL/DxDP/WWoHP

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: