Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2012, 12:05 PM   #181
DISHoppy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghtx View Post
I thought that you were never able to get ride photos with regular photopass, only with photopass+. Was TT different?
Yes. Original TT allowed pics to be added to a standard PP.

-Kevin
May 1998 - WDW offsite
Oct 2007 - WDW offsite (DDs first visit)
Dec 2008 - WDW @ POR
Mar 2009 - WDW @ POP
Feb/Mar 2010 - WDW @ SSR (home)
Dec 2010 - WDW @ SSR
Dec 2011 - DCL Disney Dream
Dec 2011 - WDW @ SSR
Jun 2012 - DLR @ DLH
Nov 2013 DCL cruise Dream booked
Nov 2013 WDW @ SSR booked
DISHoppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:07 PM   #182
stindall
Congress Tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffugitive View Post
Rode it twice. I liked the upgrade. DS definitely did not - too nostalgic perhaps. You really need to wait in line so you can design your own car. Fastpass you have to pick premade car, which is not nearly as fun for several reasons.
Josh from EasyWDW says you can in fact design a car in single rider/fast pass line. There are limited kiosks for it.

Oh god there's the yeti! - The Trip Report!.

- Sept 2008 Honeymoon @ Pop - Dec. 2009 surprise for dad @ Pop -
Sept. 2013 First solo trip @ Pop
- Sept. 2014 brother/sister trip @ pop!- Aug. 2015 DL @ Stanford Inn & Suites -

stindall is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-04-2012, 06:43 PM   #183
ShelsGoingToDisney
DIS Veteran

We rode TT 4 times yesterday. First 2 through the stand by line. My 13 yr old ds enjoyed designing but standing in the line twice was enough! We did the other 2 through the single rider. You can still go to a kiosk but it is a few predesigned cars you choose from and there is really nothing on the ride that you use it for. That was a waste of time. Our last time through we bypassed it and went straight to the ride.

I liked the design and my DS did as well. You should at least go through the stand by once to experience it.

Offsite ~ July 1983, June 1992, March 2001; Poly/ASMovies~Jan 2006;Poly~April 2006;Pop/Poly~Jan 2008;CR~March 2009;BC~Oct 2009;POP~July 2010;Harry Potter trip~Jan 2011;Endeavour Launch Trip~April 2011;Atlantis Launch Trip~July 2011;POR~May 2012; Disney Fantasy Cruise ~ May 2012;Joey's 13th Birthday Christmas Decor Trip ~ Nov/Dec.2012;Disneyland~May 2013 ~ Silly Sam's AoA Adventure Nov. 2013 ~ WONDERful Alaska May 2014~Princess 13th Birthday Trip Dec. 2014
ShelsGoingToDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:32 PM   #184
Minerva Mouse
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.
I no longer have eyebrows. I have bushes!

In line now with a group of cheerleaders behind me, the noise is too much! And the building just seems to echo. Echo. Echo.

Last edited by Minerva Mouse; 12-04-2012 at 07:38 PM.
Minerva Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:32 PM   #185
justanothermark
Mouseketeer

Had to get out of line multiple times today due to technical difficulties. Lots of problems (which are to be expected) that they will need to fix pretty quickly.
justanothermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:58 PM   #186
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnkrbell View Post
anyone have the pleasure of getting to see the test track?? Wondering if they will do a soft opening/sneak peak soon?
DH has ridden TT several times the last few days and says it is very much different than the original. Seems faster, dark inside with lighting effects. Actual *programing* (designing) your own vehicle a farce. He loves the *new* version, but after first time skipped the vehicle *designing*.
North of Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:14 PM   #187
missesdisney
DIS Veteran

Missed it by a stinking day as I expected We left Sunday
Old 12-05-2012, 04:44 PM   #188
ffugitive
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stindall View Post
Josh from EasyWDW says you can in fact design a car in single rider/fast pass line. There are limited kiosks for it.
The single rider / fast pass line does have kiosks where you get to choose from predesigned vehicles, but this is virtually pointless. We thought the fun of the vehicle design was how much control you had over the appearance of your vehicle. And how outlandish you make it plays into how well it performs in the various tests that comprise the new ride. Going forward, when using the single rider / fast pass line, I will just skip this part.
Contemporary Resort (1974) / Off-Site (1986) / [Off-Site (1990) / Polynesian (2000 -Honeymoon) / Grand Californian (2001 - Disneyland) / Swan (2002) / POR (2004) / POR (2006) / CSR (2007) / CSR (Jan. 2008) / WL (Nov. 2008) / CBR (2009) / Marriot Sabal Palms (2011) / Grand Californian Disneyland (2012) / Coronado Springs (2012) / Paradise Pier Disneyland(2014)

Pop Century Feb 18-26, 2015

ffugitive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:26 PM   #189
notfrostyjosh
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffugitive View Post
The single rider / fast pass line does have kiosks where you get to choose from predesigned vehicles, but this is virtually pointless. We thought the fun of the vehicle design was how much control you had over the appearance of your vehicle. And how outlandish you make it plays into how well it performs in the various tests that comprise the new ride. Going forward, when using the single rider / fast pass line, I will just skip this part.
The consoles where you design your car if you have a FASTPASS or are planning to use the single rider line are in the post show.

Old 12-05-2012, 11:07 PM   #190
Dan Murphy
We are family.

I rode it this evening, single rider line. I did not do any design, but there seemed to be quite a few kiosks if you wanted to use one. I thought the ride was fabulous. Seemed faster outside, maybe because of the darkness. I had only ridden the original during daylight in the past. Inside felt like I was in the Tron grid.

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Dan Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:46 PM   #191
LarryFmScotland
Mouseketeer

Sadly I have to wait a while before I get to ride the new TT. Saw the full video on Youtube today and it looks pretty cool. Quite different yet exactly the same!!
LarryFmScotland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:09 AM   #192
cybrkitn
We called it Bonko
I loved climbing trees
Don't apply for a job there! DUH!!!!!
Dork/geeky or just plain scary. You be the judge

DH checked out the Disney app as soon as we walked in right at opening. He said it was open so we made a B line right for it! We got to ride it and loved it! By the time we came out the line was already long, so we decided to get a FP for another ride. We went again between 11:45 and 12:45. I was surprised that even the FP line was long, but it moved a lot quicker than the main line. And the single rider line was also moving very quickly.

While I like the idea of designing your own car, IMO, this process takes a little too long (even though it's timed) and holds up the line. After our first ride, we stayed in the area and grabbed something light to eat while waiting for our FP window to open. When I looked up at the wait time board, all FP's were distributed and the wait time for the standby line was up to 75 minutes.

But it was still an AWESOME ride even though the track is still the same.

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect... but actually, from a non-linear, non subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly...timey-wimey...stuff." The Doctor
cybrkitn is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: