Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2012, 05:03 PM   #151
rkdahl
Mouseketeer

Stopped by about an hour ago today. Construction wall still up, so that's an obvious clue. Same party line from cast members, Dec 6th. I joked with them a bit and said ok, see you guys tomorrow. He said I guarantee you, these walls will not be down tomorrow. He said I wouldn't even bother checking back till Monday at the earliest. Then he said, but remember we don't open till Dec 6th. :-)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
rkdahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 05:29 PM   #152
WellingtonR
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkdahl
Stopped by about an hour ago today. Construction wall still up, so that's an obvious clue. Same party line from cast members, Dec 6th. I joked with them a bit and said ok, see you guys tomorrow. He said I guarantee you, these walls will not be down tomorrow. He said I wouldn't even bother checking back till Monday at the earliest. Then he said, but remember we don't open till Dec 6th. :-)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Thanks for the update....tonight was our last chance. Guess we will have to wait two years!!!
WellingtonR is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-30-2012, 08:10 PM   #153
yulilin3
Disney Freak

CM are having a special "family and friends" sneak peek tomorrow Dec. 1st and Sunday Dec 2nd. They can bring up to 3 people in for test runs from 2pm to 9:30pm, not allowed to take pictures or video at anytime
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3358654
yulilin3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:49 PM   #154
parkhopping
DIS Veteran

At Epcot now - CM said good chance of soft open on Monday or Tuesday! They are running cars now but construction wall is still up. Confirmed it is CM previews only today. Sure do wish I had the $$ for gas to come back next week...

MK '99 ~ WDW vacation '01 (ASMu) ~ DL/DCA '03 ~ Now a FL resident seasonal passholder!
Everything you ever wanted to know about Be Our Guest
parkhopping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 12:18 AM   #155
parkhopping
DIS Veteran

Update - I got pixie dusted and to ride tonight after all!! Special thanks to Austin & Brittany who let me come with them as their "friend" Contrary to PP's report, photography was allowed and I did get a few pics that I will upload as evidence

I really enjoyed the ride, but I will say there are definitely some kinks to be worked out before the grand opening. Based on that, and the fact that CMs are previewing tomorrow as well, I would not expect a soft open on Monday. I'm guessing they will want the whole day Monday to fix what wasn't working correctly.

I could also see a few areas where instructions weren't as clear as they could have been in the pre-ride process. Unless they change those things, I wouldn't be surprised to encounter a fair number of confused people going, "Wait, what do I do now?"

Overall, though, I liked the new look/theme and the car design process was fun. Definitely worth riding standby for, if you can do it when lines aren't too bad. Looking forward to riding it again on my next Epcot visit!

MK '99 ~ WDW vacation '01 (ASMu) ~ DL/DCA '03 ~ Now a FL resident seasonal passholder!
Everything you ever wanted to know about Be Our Guest
parkhopping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 12:26 AM   #156
mousermerf
DIS Veteran

I started a new thread because I forgot this one existed, but linky so you can check out the videos - as mentioned, it was a video-palooza.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3028162
mousermerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 03:02 AM   #157
Luvchefmic
DIS Veteran

opening.Dec 6 !

I was just talking to some of the electricians and they confirm
wall is coming down tomorrow & it will open on the
6 th
Old 12-02-2012, 09:49 PM   #158
Trarpacarpi
Earning My Ears

Talking

We rode Test Track at about 6:30PM, today. The wall is still up, but cast members allowed us to ride.
Trarpacarpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:15 AM   #159
cybrkitn
We called it Bonko
I loved climbing trees
Don't apply for a job there! DUH!!!!!
Dork/geeky or just plain scary. You be the judge

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkhopping View Post
Update - I got pixie dusted and to ride tonight after all!! Special thanks to Austin & Brittany who let me come with them as their "friend" Contrary to PP's report, photography was allowed and I did get a few pics that I will upload as evidence

I really enjoyed the ride, but I will say there are definitely some kinks to be worked out before the grand opening. Based on that, and the fact that CMs are previewing tomorrow as well, I would not expect a soft open on Monday. I'm guessing they will want the whole day Monday to fix what wasn't working correctly.

I could also see a few areas where instructions weren't as clear as they could have been in the pre-ride process. Unless they change those things, I wouldn't be surprised to encounter a fair number of confused people going, "Wait, what do I do now?"

Overall, though, I liked the new look/theme and the car design process was fun. Definitely worth riding standby for, if you can do it when lines aren't too bad. Looking forward to riding it again on my next Epcot visit!
! Hopefully there will be a soft opening when we go back on Wednesday. We were at DHS last night. Glad you had the wifi available to you to post. We're in Trinidad South at CBR and this is the first day I've got the wifi strength post!

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect... but actually, from a non-linear, non subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly...timey-wimey...stuff." The Doctor
cybrkitn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:49 AM   #160
safetymom
Have will travel
ABD trips = clothes optional

http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/g1418-future-world.html

Pictures of Test Track
safetymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:45 AM   #161
1153rsmith
DIS Veteran

We are back at Epcot today. I sure hope it is open so we can ride. Also, maybe it will take some of the pressure off Soarin. The lines for it have been long.
Senior Trip-off site-April 1985 |Honeymoon -OKW- December 1995 | First Trip with kids - OKW- September 2009 | Trip for DD B-day --AKV- May 2010 | Trip for DS B-Day-OKW-Sept 2011 & 3 Day Disney Dream Cruise | Magic 5 Night Key West-April 2012 | Our First Christmas Party-November 2012 | Mexico cruise on the Wonder-April 2013 | VWL - September 2013 | HHI & BWV for SWW-June 2014
Cast of Characters: DH DW DS (15) DD (12)

1153rsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:48 AM   #162
WendyBelle
Mouseketeer

At Epcot this AM and they just announced soft opening today. Yay!

Wendy, Chris and Family
Disney Magic - April 2011 Caribbean Beach Resort 1 night before cruise
Pop Century - Nov. '13, July '13, May '13, April '13, Dec. '11, '12, Oct. '10, Sept. '09, Dec. '08 Port Orleans Riverside - Sept. '07, Oct. '05
DISNEYLAND Summer 2010
Wendy-Girl Scouts at Fort Wilderness: 1981, Azalea Trail Maid "Happy Easter Parade": 1989
Chris-Gradnite: 1988, Trip with middle school buddy: 1983
WendyBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:56 AM   #163
sokerfrog
Mouseketeer

Super excited, getting ready to go in now!
Old 12-03-2012, 09:23 AM   #164
ciera321
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WendyBelle View Post
At Epcot this AM and they just announced soft opening today. Yay!
Can't wait to hear a review!!! Have fun...

ciera321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:29 AM   #165
sokerfrog
Mouseketeer

Very interactive. There are lots of ways to customize your car. Eventually they said you will be able to even take a pic with your design and email it, but that was not working today. Very cool overall!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: