Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2012, 03:37 PM   #1
Mastiff
Mouseketeer

DCL Excursion to 7 Mile Beach Grand Cayman

Just was wondering if anyone could tell me where on 7 Mile Beach Disney goes for their 7 Mile Beach Day?

Is it at one of the resorts? Just wanted to see where on the beach this was.

If you have done this excursion, would love to hear your reviews.

Thanks!
Mastiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:20 PM   #2
kcashner
DIS Veteran

I don't even know what they charge, and I wouldn't waste my money on it. I can take a cab, the beach is free, and I can rent/buy anything I want and KNOW it will come out cheaper than whatever DCL is charging!

Grand Cayman is probably the easiest, safest, nicest port we've been at (ok, other than tendering). I have NO hesitation about doing it "on my own."
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-12-2012, 05:32 PM   #3
Princessofthehouse
Mouseketeer

We just got off the Magic and went to the Royal Palms Beach Club. It was a $4 cab ride per person and a $2 fee to get in. The beach chair was $10.

It was great. I highly recommend it. The website is royalpalmscayman.com

We had 4 adults and a 3 year old. It was a nice cheap day. We spent about 3 hours and headed back to the ship around 1:00 to eat and relax.
Princessofthehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:38 PM   #4
Princessofthehouse
Mouseketeer

We just got off the Magic and went to the Royal Palms Beach Club. It was a $4 cab ride per person and a $2 fee to get in. The beach chair was $10.

It was great. I highly recommend it. The website is royalpalmscayman.com

We had 4 adults and a 3 year old. It was a nice cheap day. We spent about 3 hours and headed back to the ship around 1:00 to eat and relax.
Princessofthehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:24 PM   #5
poison ivy
DIS Veteran

Here's a link which may help where I replied on a similar thread. Contrary to many here, we loved this excursion. It was beautiful, peaceful and tranquil.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8#post45601378
poison ivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:08 PM   #6
2disneycruzrs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcashner
I don't even know what they charge, and I wouldn't waste my money on it. I can take a cab, the beach is free, and I can rent/buy anything I want and KNOW it will come out cheaper than whatever DCL is charging!

Grand Cayman is probably the easiest, safest, nicest port we've been at (ok, other than tendering). I have NO hesitation about doing it "on my own."
You are so right about the safety and ease of the island. These folks get that they are reliant on tourism, and everyone is nice and helpful. I've done many DCL ports, but this is different. The only beach port that is better is CC. So easy to do things on your own here.

Wonder 10/14 * Reimagined Magic 12/13 * Swan/Dream/Animation: 12/12 * Beach Club: 1/12 - work * AKL/Dream: 9/11 - my daughter's and nieces' first cruise! * Beach Club/Wonder: 11/08 - work * Beach Club/Wonder: 8/08 - work (I get paid to go?!) * Dolphin/Wonder: 12/05 * RCCL - Jewel inaugural season (Western) 4/05-work * RCCL - Serenade inaugural season (Alaska) 8/04 - work * Swan/Magic: 11/03 Eastern * Dolphin/Wonder 10/02 - our honeymoon * WDW '83
2disneycruzrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:39 AM   #7
hudson3709
"It started with a mouse"

We actually took a taxi to the beach and then walked back to the boat. It was a long walk but quite enjoyable. Next time I would walk to the end of the beach and then take a cab back to the boat. Also we never felt in danger at any time.

Also I think Grand Cayman makes its money from the Banking Industry, but they do know how to look after visitors, be it tourist or businessmen.
hudson3709 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: