Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Orlando Resorts & Hotels
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2012, 02:50 PM   #1
auroraarielella
Mouseketeer

Universal Vacation Package check-in questions

OK, I booked a Universal Vacations Package through AAA.
I have a confirmation from AAA.
Since Universal doesn't run everything the way Disney does, I am a bit confused.
The trip was booked as a "Harry Potter Package" satying at the HRH.

My question is: What will happen when I arrive? At Disney, everything is loaded on your "key to the world card". You check in, you're done.

I have
- a hotel reservation.
- park tickets.
- early admissions.
- Express Pass included with hotel.
- Three Broomsticks Breakfast.

I'm somewhat confused, but it looks to me like I have to check in to the hotel, then go elsewhere for my park tickets, then somewhere else for my express photo passes?

Where do I get my park tickets? Do I have to take the confirmation over to the park gates?

It looks like there is somewhere in the hotel to get the express pass ID, but not at the front desk?

Is early admission as simple as showing your hotel key - or do I have to do anything else for that?

I think I just show my confirmation at the restaurant for the breakfast?

I am so paranoid that something will be messed up when I arrive due to the fact that I am not familiar with how things operate at Universal. I arrive on Sunday evening, and am planning my first park day on Monday, so I have time to collect all this stuff, but I just want to be sure I am not surprised at the gate Monday morning (by missing something) when the family is planning to speed over to Harry Potter.

It's only 6 days til I board the plane, and I'm getting nervous!

1973-Contemporary - Wing; 1976-Contemporary - Tower; 1981-Contemporary - Wing; 1990-Carribean Beach - Trinidad South; 2003-All-Star Movies-Toy Story; 2003-All-Star Movies-Mighty Ducks; 2005-Beach Club Villas; 2008-Boardwalk Villas/Carribean Beach Resort - Aruba; 2010- Boardwalk Villas; 2012 - Hard Rock Hotel; 2013 - Boardwalk Villas; 2015 - Boardwalk Villas/Hard Rock Hotel (in planning).
auroraarielella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:19 PM   #2
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by auroraarielella View Post
OK, I booked a Universal Vacations Package through AAA.
I have a confirmation from AAA.
Since Universal doesn't run everything the way Disney does, I am a bit confused.
The trip was booked as a "Harry Potter Package" satying at the HRH.

My question is: What will happen when I arrive? At Disney, everything is loaded on your "key to the world card". You check in, you're done.

I have
- a hotel reservation.
- park tickets.
- early admissions.
- Express Pass included with hotel.
- Three Broomsticks Breakfast.

I'm somewhat confused, but it looks to me like I have to check in to the hotel, then go elsewhere for my park tickets, then somewhere else for my express photo passes?

Where do I get my park tickets? Do I have to take the confirmation over to the park gates?

It looks like there is somewhere in the hotel to get the express pass ID, but not at the front desk?

Is early admission as simple as showing your hotel key - or do I have to do anything else for that?

I think I just show my confirmation at the restaurant for the breakfast?

I am so paranoid that something will be messed up when I arrive due to the fact that I am not familiar with how things operate at Universal. I arrive on Sunday evening, and am planning my first park day on Monday, so I have time to collect all this stuff, but I just want to be sure I am not surprised at the gate Monday morning (by missing something) when the family is planning to speed over to Harry Potter.

It's only 6 days til I board the plane, and I'm getting nervous!
You will check into your hotel and be given a hotel key. You will take that hotel key to the express pass kiosk in the hotel and have a photo express pass ticket made.

You will then go to the ticket kiosk which is also at the hotel. You will put in your credit card (proves ID) enter the code given to you on your park receipt and it will give you your tickets.

When you head to the park for early admission, you just show your room key or express pass (both are proof that you are staying onsite) and give them your park ticket. You will head over to the Wizarding World and have breakfast at the Three Broomsticks at your specified time. They will have your reservation written on their list.

It isn't really as complicated as it sounds. You can do it all at the hotel.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: