Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-26-2012, 06:27 PM   #16
JessLCH
DIS Veteran

Just returned from a 2 bedroom presidential unit over Thanksgiving week. Rented through Vacation Strategy for an amazing rate. Stayed at DVC my past three stays and don't think I will ever go back. Would choose WBC and Vacation Strategy again in a heartbeat. Here is my review:

We are regular Disney World visitors and have always stayed at Disney Vacation Club properties in the past. After our first stay at Wyndham Bonnet Creek I cannot imagine ever going back to paying several times as much to stay at a DVC property again. We booked a 2 bedroom presidential villa at Wyndham Bonnet Creek through a third party agency for Thanksgiving week. The price was unbelievable. We paid just a little more for a SIX night stay at Wyndham Bonnet Creek than we did for ONE night at a comparable 2 bedroom unit at Disney's Saratoga Springs over the same week last year and the accommodations were MUCH bigger and nicer at Wyndham Bonnet Creek!

The presidential units in building 6 are HUGE with upgraded kitchens and furnishings. We were on the top floor with a beautiful view of the pool, lake and the parks off in the distance. The suite itself was superior to the 2 bedroom units we have had at Saratoga Springs and The Villas at Wilderness Lodge. There was an amazing fireworks show set off from the golf course on our last night. We rented a car and found the location extremely close to all the theme parks and much more efficient than relying solely on Disney transportation as in our past stays at DVC properties. We also appreciated the terrific, multiple pools onsite. When staying at a Disney property the pools are packed and it is next to impossible to find a lounger. There were no crowds or fighting for a pool chair at Wyndham Bonnet Creek and the pools were lovely and heated.

We had heard that the timeshare sales office is very pushy at Wyndham Bonnet Creek but we did not experience this at all. At check in we said we were not interested in a timeshare tour and never were phoned or contacted about a tour for the duration of our stay.

The only real con we had was that on Friday night there was an extremely loud DJ playing at the pool until 10 pm. Even on the 19th floor the music was blaring loud and every song lyric was audible through closed windows and doors. Other than that, I cannot say a negative word about our stay. I am sure we will return to Wyndham Bonnet Creek when we next visit the Orlando area.

Wilderness Lodge Villas (2/07, 2/09, 12/13, 9/14)
Grand Californian Villas (8/10)
Saratoga Springs Resort (11/11)
Disney Dream (2/12)
Royal Pacific Resort Universal ( 2/12, 9/14)
Wyndham Bonnet Creek Presidential (11/12)
Disneyland Hotel (8/13)
Bay Lake Tower (10/13, 11/14)
Animal Kingdom Villas Kidani (1/14)
Aulani (8/14)
Grand Floridian Villas (1/15)
JessLCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:17 PM   #17
js
Good things come to those who wait
Joyful Mommy, WISHer, cruiser
Wants to see Tinkerbell fly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLCH View Post
Just returned from a 2 bedroom presidential unit over Thanksgiving week. Rented through Vacation Strategy for an amazing rate. Stayed at DVC my past three stays and don't think I will ever go back. Would choose WBC and Vacation Strategy again in a heartbeat. Here is my review:

We are regular Disney World visitors and have always stayed at Disney Vacation Club properties in the past. After our first stay at Wyndham Bonnet Creek I cannot imagine ever going back to paying several times as much to stay at a DVC property again. We booked a 2 bedroom presidential villa at Wyndham Bonnet Creek through a third party agency for Thanksgiving week. The price was unbelievable. We paid just a little more for a SIX night stay at Wyndham Bonnet Creek than we did for ONE night at a comparable 2 bedroom unit at Disney's Saratoga Springs over the same week last year and the accommodations were MUCH bigger and nicer at Wyndham Bonnet Creek!

The presidential units in building 6 are HUGE with upgraded kitchens and furnishings. We were on the top floor with a beautiful view of the pool, lake and the parks off in the distance. The suite itself was superior to the 2 bedroom units we have had at Saratoga Springs and The Villas at Wilderness Lodge. There was an amazing fireworks show set off from the golf course on our last night. We rented a car and found the location extremely close to all the theme parks and much more efficient than relying solely on Disney transportation as in our past stays at DVC properties. We also appreciated the terrific, multiple pools onsite. When staying at a Disney property the pools are packed and it is next to impossible to find a lounger. There were no crowds or fighting for a pool chair at Wyndham Bonnet Creek and the pools were lovely and heated.

We had heard that the timeshare sales office is very pushy at Wyndham Bonnet Creek but we did not experience this at all. At check in we said we were not interested in a timeshare tour and never were phoned or contacted about a tour for the duration of our stay.

The only real con we had was that on Friday night there was an extremely loud DJ playing at the pool until 10 pm. Even on the 19th floor the music was blaring loud and every song lyric was audible through closed windows and doors. Other than that, I cannot say a negative word about our stay. I am sure we will return to Wyndham Bonnet Creek when we next visit the Orlando area.
Hi. Is Vacation Strategy the TA you booked with?
I'm trying to find an off-site hotel for March and trying to find where I can get the best rate for WBC.

Thank you and thank you very much for your review!
js is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-28-2012, 07:54 PM   #18
JessLCH
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by js View Post
Hi. Is Vacation Strategy the TA you booked with?
I'm trying to find an off-site hotel for March and trying to find where I can get the best rate for WBC.

Thank you and thank you very much for your review!
Vacation Strategy is not a TA but is a very reputable third party agency that books WBC. Check out their website for a quote. They were great and had the best price we could find. We would use again in a heartbeat.

Wilderness Lodge Villas (2/07, 2/09, 12/13, 9/14)
Grand Californian Villas (8/10)
Saratoga Springs Resort (11/11)
Disney Dream (2/12)
Royal Pacific Resort Universal ( 2/12, 9/14)
Wyndham Bonnet Creek Presidential (11/12)
Disneyland Hotel (8/13)
Bay Lake Tower (10/13, 11/14)
Animal Kingdom Villas Kidani (1/14)
Aulani (8/14)
Grand Floridian Villas (1/15)
JessLCH is offline   Reply With Quote