Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Sea World / Discovery Cove
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2012, 08:02 AM   #1
janinca
Mouseketeer

Busch Gardens Trip Report

Busch Gardens was part of our itinerary. The kids were really excited to go here as they love rollercoasters. We drove the 1.5 hours and got there just shortly after opening. We figured we should head straight for Cheetah Hunt to avoid line ups. On the way we were distracted by the keepers arriving to give a talk at the alligator exhibit and stayed around to listen to them. Unfortunately by the time we got to Cheetah Hunt we had almost an hour wait. The ride was great though. It was fast, exciting and very scenic. I loved the waterfall and the view from the top. Our second day at the park we managed to get there right at opening and the line was only 10 minutes at the most.

Last edited by janinca; 11-13-2012 at 08:55 PM.
janinca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:12 AM   #2
janinca
Mouseketeer

We walked through where all the primates are while waiting for the train and loved the way they were laid out and landscaped. We spent some time here as it is always fun looking at gorillas and chimpanzees and orangatuans.

The train arrived and we got on. We enjoyed seeing the animals although most of them didn't come as close as I had hoped they would. We got of at the Congo station due to the urging of our kids who wanted to hit another rollercoaster. The kids went on the bumper cars which they are welcome to as I hate them refuse to every go on another bumper car of any kind. The kids spent some time exploring the tree top trail which looked really cool and then we realized we were very hungry. Our lunch was in our van but the thought of getting all the way back there seemed like way too much work and time so we decided to just get a snack (pretzels) and refill our cups with pop and eat later. At this point the kids were getting hot and were hoping to get wet. They went on the log flume ride which is always fun.

Last edited by janinca; 11-13-2012 at 09:08 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-12-2012, 08:19 AM   #3
janinca
Mouseketeer

Unfortunately Congo River Rapids was closed for maintenance so the next stop was Tidal Wave. That was good for getting wet. I had to be very careful where I stood as I was taking a picture of that one.

Sheikra was great fun. The way it leaves you hovering at the top before the almost completely vertical drop causes your life to flash before your eyes. That was definitely a do it again coaster.

Last edited by janinca; 11-13-2012 at 09:09 PM.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:24 AM   #4
janinca
Mouseketeer

By this time I realized I had reached my limit with rides. I love rides but can't do very many anymore and have to really pace myself or I feel really sick. The kids set off for Kumba and I wisely waited and watched.

Heading back we ran into some stilted creatures putting on a performance just outside Treetop Trail and we stopped to watch the end of it and to take some pictures with them. they were very funny and kept coming up behind us and batting their eyes and snuggling up with my kids or trying to sneak a sip of my son's pop.

Last edited by janinca; 11-13-2012 at 09:11 PM.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:41 AM   #5
janinca
Mouseketeer

We spent some time watching the elephants and then the kids went on the Phoenix and once they finished they insisted that I go on with them so I did. Fortunately I had had enough of a break by then that I could handle it. Sand Serpant looked like a lot of fun but I took a break from that one and then we headed off to see Iceploration making a few stops along the way.

We really enjoyed the show and it was a great way to end the day but knew that we had to come back. The kids managed to run off and catch a ride on Montu on the way out.

Later in the week we came back and spent more than half the day there on our way to Fort Desoto beach. It was a very chilly day. We did all the main rollercoasters again plus a few things we missed like Gwazi. There was no way I was going to to on that. A jerky wooden rollercoaster would not work well with me. I did try Montu this time and loved it. We went to walkabout way and had a great time feeding the kangaroos and emu.

Last edited by janinca; 11-13-2012 at 09:13 PM.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:43 AM   #6
janinca
Mouseketeer

We then went to Tiger Trail as we hadn't seen the whole thing the last time, took one last ride on Phoenix, got a turkey leg and left the park to spend the rest of the day at the beach.

Both days we spent at Busch Gardens were fantastic and I really like the park and would highly recommend it. I hope to go back again and see some of the things we missed and maybe get a better look at some of the animals.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:13 AM   #7
trouttigger
Mouseketeer

Thanks!

for posting. We're planning to add this to our DC trip in December.

AS Music - Feb. 2000
AS Music - Jan. 2009
Port Orleans Riverside - Dec. 2011
Discovery Cove & SeaWorld - Dec. 2012
Coronado Springs - Dec. 2013
trouttigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:30 PM   #8
janinca
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by trouttigger View Post
for posting. We're planning to add this to our DC trip in December.
I am sure you will enjoy it. It is definitely worth the extra $20!!!
Old 11-12-2012, 12:57 PM   #9
HeadintheClouds
MCO by way of GSP ♥

Thank you for posting! Looks like you guys had fun. We went to BG for the first time last year and we had a blast! Sheikra is definitely on my top 10 rollercoaster list!

Past Trips to the World:

july 2001 • august 2011 • august 2012 • august 2013
HeadintheClouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:06 PM   #10
janinca
Mouseketeer

Last edited by janinca; 11-13-2012 at 09:14 PM.
Old 11-16-2012, 03:33 AM   #11
MilitaryMouse
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by janinca View Post
Sheikra was great fun. The way it leaves you hovering at the top before the almost completely vertical drop causes your life to flash before your eyes. That was definitely a do it again coaster.
I love Sheikra! The first time we rode it, we were in the very first row, and it's exactly like you said - your life flashes before your eyes. DH and I were like, JUST DROP US ALREADY! It was so much fun. Love your trip report!

*Disney Land 1995 Offsite**Disney World 2001 Offsite**Universal Orlando and Busch Gardens 07/2011 Royal Pacific Resort**Disney World 11/2011 All Star Sports DHs' First Trip!**Disney World 6/2012 Pop Century Anniversary Trip**Disney World 9/2012 All Star Sports and SeaWorld HGI**Disney World 12/2012 Shades of Green Christmas Trip**Last Disney World & Universal Studios Trip Before We Move! 01/2013*
MilitaryMouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: