Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2012, 09:06 AM   #1
mandymouse
If It's Not A Bahama Mama Then I'm Not Interested
Can I put my Christmas Tree up yet ?

DISboards Moderator

DIS Girly Christmas Shopping/Party Weekend 2012 Mini Report

Castmembers

Me (mandymouse), Claire (Claire L), Andrea (irongirlof12), Rachel (jjk), Joanne (poppyanna), Karen (CustardTart), Nicky (darthtatty) & Corinna (dolphingirl47)

Friday 30th November '12

After a mad morning of Asda shopping, housework and getting my hair done, Paul finally arrived home around 1pm to drop me off in Birmingham

I arrived at the Crowne Plaza (near the Mailbox) around 1.45pm and dropped my bags off at reception and I walked down to the railway station to meet some of the girls

Corinna arrived from Manchester and at the same time Claire, Joanne and Karen arrived from London. After a quick stop at the M&S shop at the station so that Claire could buy some vital wine, we then wandered up to the hotel and checked in. Looking very cosy in the lobby with a glass of wine and waiting for her room to become available was Nicky. I just had time for a quick glass of wine then I headed back to the station to meet Rachel. Once she had arrived I walked her up to the hotel and nipped back to meet Andrea

By 4 o'clock everyone was checked in and once they had unpacked, they all joined me and Claire in our room

For the next few hours we sat chatting, drinking, opening some silly presents that I had bought for them to wear (well it is Christmas .. you just have to don't you ? ), it was lovely just chatting and having a laugh

In a couple of hours we put away 8 bottles of wine and the most part of a big box of Thorntons and various bags of crisps

We all went off to get ready for dinner around 6pm and arranged to meet in the lobby at 6.45pm

Tonight our meal was at Miller & Carter's at the Mailbox, our table was reserved for 7pm and it was ready for us

The food was lovely, as was the cocktails and I know I enjoyed a couple of Kir Royales (shame the waitress dropped 4 of them .. what a waste )

Rachel's prawn cocktail, that for some strange reason I was fascinated by

Rachel was rather attached to those rubber gloves

Joanne rocking the naughty secretary look

We then had a drink or two at a new pub that I have no idea what it was called, then we finished off at Red Peppers

I think we headed back to our room just after midnight. The last thing I know is that Claire went to the bathroom .... and when she came out she said I was sparked out and she couldn't wake me. The next thing I know is waking up at 5 to 6 and realising that I am still fully clothed from the night before (what a numpty !) I get my pj's on and go back to sleep for a couple of hours. Poor Claire said that she'd been poorly in the night, but thankfully she was fine in the morning .. what a great evening

Last edited by mandymouse; 12-03-2012 at 02:54 PM.
mandymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:08 AM   #2
mandymouse
If It's Not A Bahama Mama Then I'm Not Interested
Can I put my Christmas Tree up yet ?

DISboards Moderator

Saturday 1st December '12

Claire and I were awake around 8ish, we took our time getting ready and went down to breakfast which was a delish buffet

We met everyone (except Karen & Joanne, who needed to go to breakfast) in the lobby at 9.45am and we wandered into town

It was already busy in Birmingham with the German Market there. We had our photo taken by the bull then headed into the shopping centre

As we walked in Monarch had set up a stand and we were asked to fill in details of our email addresses and asked to open a numbered door. A couple of us won chocolate coins, and a few won Christmas decorations and Rachel won a Cadbury's advent calendar

We wandered around the shops, though not much was bought, I couldn't get over how busy it was in there

We met up with Karen & Joanne and wandered down to the Handmade Burger Co where we had a 12 o'clock reservation

I had never been here and was a bit disappointed that you had to go up to order your food, but when it came it was delicious

We walked back up to the hotel to chill for a little while. Claire had a kip and I watched the England v New Zealand rugby match on the TV, others did the same, and Andrea and Rachel went out in search of a cash point

When it started getting dark, I met Corinna, Andrea, Joanne and Rachel and we took a walk through the German market, which looked lovely all lit up. It was heaving though, but fun to take in the atmosphere. Some of the girls bought some German chocolates, then we headed back to the hotel to get ready for the Christmas party

We all met in our room at 7pm and had a glass of wine before heading up to the party

We were called through to the party room at 8pm where we found our table named 'Mandy Martindale Hen Party' .. what ?? I quickly modified our sign

Our table looked lovely and festive, and in no time our waiter had our inclusive wine flowing

At first the DJ was unbelievably loud, which was a little unneccessary as people just wanted to sit and chat. Poor Corinna doesn't like loud noises and knew that she'd struggle with the disco, but we weren't expecting it to ruin her meal. Thankfully the DJ quietened down as the meal was served, so she was able to rejoin us

Claire attempting to blow up a balloon .. more puff woman !!

When the food came out, it was delicious, I had soup to start, some of the girls had pate and others had a goats cheese tart

We all had turkey with all the trimmings

Then I finished off with Christmas pudding, and there was also a lovely looking chocolate tart served

After tea/coffee and mince pies, the music started up again and Corinna headed back to her room. The DJ was pretty good and it wasn't long before we were up on the dance floor

Unfortunately even before the evening had started, I had got a terrible stomach ache, and during a boogie to Depeche Mode (as you do) I knew I couldn't stand any longer, I had hoped to rejoin the party after a little lie down in our room, but sadly I was doubled up and had to go to bed. Claire came up to check on me and decided that she was going to say goodnight as she had hurt her foot a few days ago and was worried that someone would step on it on the dance floor

I was sad to miss the final hour of the party, but the others carried on and boogie-d till the party finished at 12.30

Sunday 2nd December '12

And before we knew it, it was all over and time to say goodbye. What a lovely weekend it had been, and it was great to have done the party and having everything at the hotel

Thanks girls for a fab time, it was lovely to see you all, and well done to Rachel coming to her first Girly Weekend, I hope we haven't put you off (lol)

Here's to the next one .. I wonder where it will be ??

mandymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-02-2012, 10:36 AM   #3
stba2006
DIS Veteran

What great photos. You all looked so glam for the Christmas party.
Hope you are feeling better Mandy, and that Claires foot is alright.
Looks like you all had a fab time.
Hopefully I will be able to join you all next year.xx
Old 12-02-2012, 10:52 AM   #4
tennisfan
Was told off for sliding down the banister at the SL
South Africa or California for me
Popped to the Boots

DISboards Moderator

Sounds like you all had a fab time. Love the photos, hope you are feeling better Mandy and that Claire's foot is healing

Trips:
DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, October, 1994, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 1998, DLRP - Hotel New York, June, 1999, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 1999, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 2000, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 2001, Walt Disney Studios preview, February, 2002, DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, August, 2002, New York City, Easter 2004, DLRP - Hotel New York, August, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, November, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, September, 2005, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, Easter 2007, DLRP - Kyriad, June 2007 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2009 DLRP - Day trip, November 2009 New York City, February 2010 DLRP - Disneyland Hotel, June 2010 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, September 2010 Stratosphere Hotel, Las Vegas, October 2010 DLRP - Day trip, January 2011, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, August 2011, DLRP - Day trip, January 2012, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2012, DLRP - Santa Fe, November 2012,
tennisfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 01:56 PM   #5
laura_<3
DIS Veteran

Sounds like you all had a fab time I hope you're feeling better Mandy!
August 2005 - Indian Ridge Villas May 2009 - All Star Sports (Steven's first trip!)July 2011 - Royal Palms Villas July/August 2011 trip reportSeptember 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside September 2012 trip report July 2015 - Our Disney Wedding, Port Orleans Riverside
Engaged at Magic Kingdom 23rd September 2012 My Youtube Channel New - My wedding blog https://lauradisneybride.wordpress.com/
laura_<3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 02:14 PM   #6
pampat
Never Forget: It was all started by a Mouse!

If we are back in England next year, I'd love to join you Mandy. You all look like you have a wonderful time!

Pam
pampat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 06:59 PM   #7
florida sun
Mrs Christopher Eccleston wannabe
Don't you know who I am ??? I was on Dr Who
I'm dizzy just reading

DISboards Moderator

Great report and great photos, you all looked like you had a brilliant time, and you all look lovely dressed up in your party gear

florida sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:48 PM   #8
TotallyAngelic
Disney Addict

Look like you all had a great time
TotallyAngelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:02 PM   #9
Tinks1984
We're having a mini party!
I couldn't believe how many there was in the bag!

Oh girls...it looked like fun was had all round! I'm so sorry I couldn't make it in the end, but you all looked like you didn't miss me too much

Gutted to hear you and Claire weren't feeling great Mandy, not what you needed! Hope you're both feeling a lot better now!

Oooo, I really hope I can make the next one...all depends on where you end up I suppose
Tinks1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:41 AM   #10
jjk

Pete and I wait and watch some lovely baby lizards
I have always booked myself
"Play Up Pompey"

Thanks for a great weekend Mandy I had a fab time

2000 Disneyland paris 2003 Ramada inn 2004 Quality inn plaza2005 Cumbrian lakes2006 Emerald Island July and December2007 Emerald Island May and July2008 Emerald Island and Contemporary Resort2009 Saratoga Springs 2010 Animal Kingdom lodge2011HRH Animal KingdomLodge 2012Holiday inn Miami ocean front /Animal Kingdom lodge
jjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:18 AM   #11
irisheyes123
DIS Veteran

Lovely photos you all look great looks like you all had a great time.

irisheyes123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:11 PM   #12
bee86
DIS Veteran

Beautiful dresses ladies!!!!!! Looks like such a fab weekend, thanks for the updates

2008 CBR and Doubletree Castle international drive
June 2013 CS 10 nights June 2014 SSR 10nights
bee86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: