Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2012, 06:22 PM   #46
BrentR
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaS View Post
Does anyone know how early or what time is the first DCL transfer from MCO to the port?
TIA.
I would like to know this too. We are Cruising the Dream on 10/27/2013 and would like to stay at the MCO Hyatt and take the earliest DCL transfer the next morning.

(Me) (DW) (DD9) (DD7)
BrentR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:21 AM   #47
eblong
Summer in the Med!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentR

I would like to know this too. We are Cruising the Dream on 10/27/2013 and would like to stay at the MCO Hyatt and take the earliest DCL transfer the next morning.
We routinely stay at the Hyatt, and are on the first bus out to the port. Usually, we are boarding by 9:30 or so. For the Members cruise in Sept, we were many the first into the terminal building.
Disney Fantasy: Maiden Voyage 04/12 (WC), 12/12 (EC)

Dis Magnets at http://s1125.photobucket.com/albums/...ney%20Magnets/

Photos at http://s1125.photobucket.com/albums/l599/ebslong/
eblong is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-13-2012, 01:48 AM   #48
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Staying at the Hyatt MCO has nothing to do with being on the first bus to the terminal. The first bus departs about 9:30. The Welcome Center officially opens at 8:30, but in reality opens about 8:15. If you are there at 8:15 and check in as one of the first 80 or so people, you'll be on the first bus. You can do this from a local hotel shuttle, returning a rental car, or walking down from the Hyatt.

I'll grant you that the Hyatt is majorly convenient, especially if you are coming in the evening before. But it is expensive and there are lots of nearby hotels with a good facilities for 1/2 or even 1/3 the cost.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:22 AM   #49
Mandersons04
Mouseketeer

The most I've ever paid for the Hyatt MCO was $152. For our upcoming cruise in March, I was able to get everyone traveling with me a rate of $110 (we get our room free because we typically stay at Hyatt when we travel). But from what I read on the Dis, there are lots of people who get great rates at the Hyatt MCO.

December 2010 - MVMCP
October 2011 - Disney Dream Bahamian and MNSSHP
September 2012 - Disney Magic Canada
March 2013 - Disney Fantasy Western
December 2014 - Disney Wonder Western and Disney
November 2015 - Disney Dream Bahamian and MVMCP
Mandersons04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:30 AM   #50
AnnaS

The puppy has now left the building and I am exhausted
Will you be rolling?
I can't wait to try them all

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcashner View Post
Staying at the Hyatt MCO has nothing to do with being on the first bus to the terminal. The first bus departs about 9:30. The Welcome Center officially opens at 8:30, but in reality opens about 8:15. If you are there at 8:15 and check in as one of the first 80 or so people, you'll be on the first bus. You can do this from a local hotel shuttle, returning a rental car, or walking down from the Hyatt.

I'll grant you that the Hyatt is majorly convenient, especially if you are coming in the evening before. But it is expensive and there are lots of nearby hotels with a good facilities for 1/2 or even 1/3 the cost.
I am considering this for the first time for someone cruising with us - they will be arriving late and I am not even sure if they have ever been to Disney (couple in their late 60s) - I know they have not cruised. The Hyatt would be perfect - they don't need any running around, getting lost, etc. For many of us - who have done this at least or twice (DCL or WDW), there are many other options.

Upcoming/planned trips:
May - HH
Oct. 2015 - F&W/BCV

DCL '01 Eastern, '03 Western, '05 West Coast Cruise ºoº '07 11 N. Med. Cruise, '13 Western
WDW - CBR, POR, POP, OKW, BWV, BCV, AKV, VWL, HH & VB, SSR,
AnnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:04 AM   #51
phoenixleigh
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcashner

I got a good rate at the MCO Hyatt so I am happy about that. What time do people start to line up at the Welcome center for the bus? Also do I have to have DH present if we cruised end of October 2011? Are cruise date is February 9th 2013. Thank you for all your help
Old 11-13-2012, 09:28 AM   #52
2CME911
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcashner View Post

Having only done the Hyatt MCO, I'm curious what the other facilities are that you like to use? What is it about them that you like and what is the general range of room prices? Do they all have airport shuttles, how do you get around?

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixleigh View Post
I got a good rate at the MCO Hyatt so I am happy about that. What time do people start to line up at the Welcome center for the bus? Also do I have to have DH present if we cruised end of October 2011? Are cruise date is February 9th 2013. Thank you for all your help
What constitutes a 'good rate' to me might be different for you, or different for kcashner. We may place a higher value to the convenience of having the Hyatt right inside the terminal, i know thats true for me because we dont do this all that often and usually get in late evening, i need things to be as simple as possible. We have also been satisfied with Hyatt's rates, although I do search for and use coupon and or group codes when they are available, so personally I admit I don't want to be paying more than say $100-150/nt. I look at it as my trip insurance.

kcashner's advice about 8:15 is right on (as usual ). We can't seem to get down there much before 8:25
Hope you have a great cruise!
Old 11-13-2012, 10:27 AM   #53
phoenixleigh
Mouseketeer

Our room rate is $100. I work for the government. So I got a special rate.
Old 11-13-2012, 05:50 PM   #54
MinnesotaMouseketeers
DIS Veteran

We always fly in at least one night before the cruise and we always stay at a WDW resort.

We love the 24/7 Disney experience. We take the ME from the airport to our resort and DCL transportation from resort to port and port to airport. ME is free, there is an additional cost to take DCL transportation for the remainder of the trip.

We are fine with paying the small additional cost for Disney transportation (for 3 of us) vs. another way of getting there. And we are ok with getting to the port a little later when taking DCL transportation vs. using another company that will pick you up and get you there; at the time you specify.
Disneyland 1975, Off site/Big Red Boat 1987, Port Orleans/Wonder 1999, Off site 2000, Poly/Wonder 2004, CBR/Eastern Magic 2007, WL 2009, GF/Wonder Panama Canal 2011, POR 2012, AKL/Dream 2013, All Star Music/Fantasy Eastern 2014, Numerous ports of call to other countries
More fun stops: CA-LA, San Diego, San Fran. & wine country, NM-twice (all over), AZ-twice including Grand Canyon, CO-all over, SD-Black Hills & Badlands, MI-UP, Isle Royale & Mount Pleasent, TX-S. Padre Island twice and San Antonio, WI-All over including Apostale Islands, IA-Quad City area, WY-Devils Tower, AK-Kantishna Roadhouse at Denali NP, Anchorage, Seward, MT-Glacier NP, Ireland 2012, BWCA six trips - 2013 last one
MinnesotaMouseketeers is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: