Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-27-2012, 01:59 PM   #1336
dededisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyZell View Post
Other than the first morning rocking hasn't been an issue, but no one making my bed is!
Umm...I think I have been making the bed since we have been home..where have you been?
dededisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 02:23 PM   #1337
mouse66
Earning My Ears

Thank you Disborders!

Thank you for all the information and tips. You all made the trip fantastic.

Although we were at times overwhelmed with the information. I know we would have missed so much without your information.

Special thanks to FE, Cabin Crawl, Certificates.... And thank you Linda for the sea sickness pills - it helped DW feel better. Sorry about anything we missed overslept PC certificate distribution,...

Thanks for all the information and tips!

My DW found out about port upgrades. My room deal became more expensive, with a veranda conveniently located under the spa. I must say being able to see the flying fish, dolphins, a sea turtle, whales, stars, meteors, the canal was worth it.

We really enjoyed out Disney vacation from Disneyland to Panama Canal to Disney World. Being in the Magic Kingdom for Christmas was great (and not as crowded as I expected). We flew into Buffalo last night to a beautiful winter wonderland. We all missed the snow. I expect the kids are out playing in it right now, my daughter wanted to go out this morning in her PJs. The picture below is of the front loader clearing the streets last night, roads were clear this morning.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

mouse66 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-27-2012, 05:08 PM   #1338
JessicasMom
Working to Travel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouse66 View Post
overslept PC certificate distribution,...

I must say being able to see the flying fish, dolphins, a sea turtle, whales, stars, meteors, the canal was worth it.

We all missed the snow.
We also overslept the cert. distribution....these things are better held in the afternoon, it seems (at least toward the end of a 14-day'er) But having it delivered to our cabin was very kind and much appreciated.

You saw whales??? Totally jealous.

If you want more snow, I'll be happy to oblige. You can have ours (6-7")!
Old 12-27-2012, 06:26 PM   #1339
mug318ca
Mouseketeer since 1964

I hate to make anyone jealous during this festive season, but here in LA it is sunny, clear, and in the low 60's. While it did rain the day before and the day after Christmas, nothing since.

Certainly not quite as nice as the weather we had on the cruise. Cartagena was about as hot as we will be for a few months. The tour bus was either hot or cold, fortunately mostly cold. And the museums were just hot. Good time anyway.
mug318ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 05:37 AM   #1340
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouse66 View Post
Thank you for all the information and tips. You all made the trip fantastic.

Although we were at times overwhelmed with the information. I know we would have missed so much without your information.

Special thanks to FE, Cabin Crawl, Certificates.... And thank you Linda for the sea sickness pills - it helped DW feel better. Sorry about anything we missed overslept PC certificate distribution,...

Thanks for all the information and tips!

My DW found out about port upgrades. My room deal became more expensive, with a veranda conveniently located under the spa. I must say being able to see the flying fish, dolphins, a sea turtle, whales, stars, meteors, the canal was worth it.

We really enjoyed out Disney vacation from Disneyland to Panama Canal to Disney World. Being in the Magic Kingdom for Christmas was great (and not as crowded as I expected). We flew into Buffalo last night to a beautiful winter wonderland. We all missed the snow. I expect the kids are out playing in it right now, my daughter wanted to go out this morning in her PJs. The picture below is of the front loader clearing the streets last night, roads were clear this morning.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

You are totally welcome. There is no need to be miserable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicasMom View Post
We also overslept the cert. distribution....these things are better held in the afternoon, it seems (at least toward the end of a 14-day'er) But having it delivered to our cabin was very kind and much appreciated.

You saw whales??? Totally jealous.

If you want more snow, I'll be happy to oblige. You can have ours (6-7")!
Wish I'd seen whales. I saw the flying fish and dolphins, and spent some time star watching from the bow, but that's about it for observations.

We got 10 inches of white stuff. It's gorgeous from inside, and my husband is a happy boy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mug318ca View Post
I hate to make anyone jealous during this festive season, but here in LA it is sunny, clear, and in the low 60's. While it did rain the day before and the day after Christmas, nothing since.

Certainly not quite as nice as the weather we had on the cruise. Cartagena was about as hot as we will be for a few months. The tour bus was either hot or cold, fortunately mostly cold. And the museums were just hot. Good time anyway.

I leave for Florida in 18 days, but even there, it won't be as warm as the days on the cruise. Must admit to loving that steamy hot weather. I soaked it up like a cat.

Happy Day, all!
Old 12-28-2012, 12:25 PM   #1341
Travelbee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyManFamily4 View Post
Aw, we're missing each other by about a month. We're on the 12 night Med with Greece starting July 13th. I've never been to Europe so I'm kind of overwhelmed with all the planning I will need to do. Are there any must do's that you know of?
Well, you'll have a great time! If your kids are too young to appreciate the museums, I'd highly suggest doing Cinque Terre in La Spezia - beautiful and charming towns and you can actually hit all 5 in one day! Jeff created a website for that trip that has excellent links to excursions, so check that out http://5-15-10-medcruisers.weebly.com/.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Spencer View Post
Susan and I are looking at a summer 2013 Alaska cruise too. We're also interested in doing a med cruise that visits Greece. If they come out with the guarantee rates like they did last year, we'll be all over them. Until then, we'll just bide our time and see what comes along.
I'll keep an eye out for any discounts! For Alaska, there were a few IGT/OGT rates offered when we sailed this past summer. They all appeared after the PIF date but if you are flexible, that may be the way to go!

April 19, 2014: 7-Day Eastern Caribbean Disney Fantasy
June 15, 2013: 12-Day Mediterranean with Greece & Turkey Disney Magic
December 9, 2012: 14-Day Panama Canal Disney Wonder
July 2, 2012: 7-Day Alaska Disney Wonder
April 17, 2011: 10-Day Mexican Riviera Disney Wonder
May 15, 2010: 11-Day Mediterranean Disney Magic
November 14, 2009: Double Dip Delight (7-day Western Disney Magic)
April 26, 2008: 7-Day Eastern Disney Magic
May 17, 2007: 3-Day Bahama Disney Wonder
Travelbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 05:30 PM   #1342
DisneyManFamily4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelbee View Post
Well, you'll have a great time! If your kids are too young to appreciate the museums, I'd highly suggest doing Cinque Terre in La Spezia - beautiful and charming towns and you can actually hit all 5 in one day! Jeff created a website for that trip that has excellent links to excursions, so check that out http://5-15-10-medcruisers.weebly.com/.
Thanks! It's not the kids I'm worried about, at the museums. It's DH that has the short attention span! I will definitely look into his website, thanks for the tip!
Old 12-28-2012, 08:02 PM   #1343
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

Sweets? No problem. But eating in general? PROBLEM!

Got ALL my photos printed (thank goodness Walgreens had a 9 cent sale). Now though, I'm looking at some of them and the old lady's brain is so going "WHO DAt?" wHY OH why can't I find your faces on the website? Help?

If you match any of these descriptions, will you please pm me?

"Very young" (relative to me) Cute blonde with about a 10-12 month old girl baby

Beautiful woman with long reddish brown (or brownish red) hair

Chic 40s-ish couple - she has blonde hair and a 'silver' dress.

50s-ish couple seated - she has short dark hair and a dark outfit on - he had greyish hair.

I'm sure I'll be back with more.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:13 AM   #1344
pharmjenn
Mouseketeer

comparing lower decks to higher during rough weather

We are looking to book another trip, and wanted to get opinions about how much the lower decks (1&2) were rocking during the rough weather those last couple nights. We were on deck 5 aft, and at times it felt like the ship was falling, instead of just rocking. It was enough that it scared our 5yo and he climbed into bed with us (hasn't ever done that before, at home or on vacation)
I know the lower decks wouldn't rock as much, but can't decide if that is worth it since we would then have a 7-8 deck climb up to the pool and buffet. I can see using the elevator a lot more than we did on this trip.
pharmjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:21 AM   #1345
bbangel
My friends call me the font of useless knowledge

I actually prefer deck 2 midship. Less motion and I never felt far away from anything. You do definately use the elevator to get to the top though.
I find the vibration in the aft rooms disturbing even when the waves aren't that big. Aft you also get more side to side shaking and forward you get more of the up and down.
bbangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:54 AM   #1346
DisneyManFamily4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmjenn View Post
We are looking to book another trip, and wanted to get opinions about how much the lower decks (1&2) were rocking during the rough weather those last couple nights. We were on deck 5 aft, and at times it felt like the ship was falling, instead of just rocking. It was enough that it scared our 5yo and he climbed into bed with us (hasn't ever done that before, at home or on vacation)
I know the lower decks wouldn't rock as much, but can't decide if that is worth it since we would then have a 7-8 deck climb up to the pool and buffet. I can see using the elevator a lot more than we did on this trip.
We were in 2526 and 2522, which is deck 2 forward and I definitely felt the waves while I was awake but once I fell asleep I didn't even notice. My mom on the other hand couldn't sleep but normally has problems getting to sleep even at home. It seemed like the people on the higher decks had more complaints about the motion disrupting their sleep or waking their children.

I also took the stairs the entire trip with the exception of one trip up the midship elevators when I was looking for my daughter. It wasn't that bad and it helped keep the pounds off since would go up to deck 9 and back several times a day, but I don't have little ones to worry about. The trek from one end of the ship to the other took longer than the climb up the stairs.

I do prefer deck 2 over deck 1 for aesthetic reasons, though.

Hope that helps.
Old 12-31-2012, 01:45 AM   #1347
pharmjenn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbangel View Post
I actually prefer deck 2 midship. Less motion and I never felt far away from anything. You do definately use the elevator to get to the top though.
I find the vibration in the aft rooms disturbing even when the waves aren't that big. Aft you also get more side to side shaking and forward you get more of the up and down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyManFamily4 View Post
We were in 2526 and 2522, which is deck 2 forward and I definitely felt the waves while I was awake but once I fell asleep I didn't even notice. My mom on the other hand couldn't sleep but normally has problems getting to sleep even at home. It seemed like the people on the higher decks had more complaints about the motion disrupting their sleep or waking their children.

I also took the stairs the entire trip with the exception of one trip up the midship elevators when I was looking for my daughter. It wasn't that bad and it helped keep the pounds off since would go up to deck 9 and back several times a day, but I don't have little ones to worry about. The trek from one end of the ship to the other took longer than the climb up the stairs.

I do prefer deck 2 over deck 1 for aesthetic reasons, though.

Hope that helps.
Thanks for your replies. Our possible next trip may be the Alaska repositioning, and I know the Pacific Coast can get rough. I just wasn't sure about my ability to maintain using that many stairs. I agree about the stairs being a good way to keep the pounds off. I only gained 5lbs this trip, and have already lost 2-3 of them.
pharmjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:04 PM   #1348
Liat
Mouseketeer

I finally have a chance to sit and browse the Internet!

Our family had a great time. Maybe some of you saw us, I was the mother of all Whos chasing around Things One through Four.

My kids cried as we left the boat and begged us to go back, so I think it's safe to say that they had a good time. I hardly saw my two eldest the entire cruise because they never wanted to leave the clubs.

My middle two both celebrated birthdays on the boat and I have to say the staff in Flounders went above and beyond for my little guy. They made him a personalized card and took a photo of him. It was really wonderful. He came back that day wearing a little backpack and strutted around feeling like such a big boy (he turned two).

We left the lovely weather in Miami and came home to -27 C weather and snow and black ice so suffice to say, I'm already trying to figure out a way to save up the money for another cruise. Though I think the 14 day one ruined us, because we had so much more fun on this one than the 7 day one we took last year.

DL Feb 2014 Dapper Days PPH DL Oct 2013 Adults only trip DLH DL August 2013 offsite Dec 9-21 2012 Wonder (Panama!)
DL August 2012 GCH DL Nov 28-Dec 4 2011 Disney Wonder Dec 4-11 2011 DL June 2011 GCH DL August 2010 DLH DL April 2009 offsite

Liat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:37 PM   #1349
chrissyt27
DIS Veteran

We were on deck one and I didn't really think the rocking was as bad down there. We had brunch the last sea day in Palo and we could hardly walk back and forth to get food. Even our server was having issues. On 1 we usually take the elevator up to the pool and to get drinks, but did the stairs to get to 3 and floor 4.
I have only ever been on floor 1 and 2, twice on both, and then actually once on 6, but it was a long time ago and we had great weather.
December 2007 Disneyland Trip with DH, December 2008 WDW trip with DH and Aunt!!
February 2009 2nd anniversary “Magic” Cruise
November 2009 Birthday at WDW, December 2010 Disney "Magic" Cruise, December 2012 "Wonder" 14 Night Panama Cruise
chrissyt27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:41 PM   #1350
chrissyt27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmjenn View Post
Thanks for your replies. Our possible next trip may be the Alaska repositioning, and I know the Pacific Coast can get rough. I just wasn't sure about my ability to maintain using that many stairs. I agree about the stairs being a good way to keep the pounds off. I only gained 5lbs this trip, and have already lost 2-3 of them.
I gained 9pds, but am down 4 of that already. DH did a lot more stairs. we would always go somewhere and he'd have to go back to the cabin for something or other. At least on the ship it wasn't too far. We do it at home too.
December 2007 Disneyland Trip with DH, December 2008 WDW trip with DH and Aunt!!
February 2009 2nd anniversary “Magic” Cruise
November 2009 Birthday at WDW, December 2010 Disney "Magic" Cruise, December 2012 "Wonder" 14 Night Panama Cruise
chrissyt27 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: