Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2012, 11:48 AM   #121
WVURunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethC1952 View Post
Sorry I have been missing in action for a few days. A "knitting emergency" broke out...my favorite niece is having her first baby, the shower is the day we leave for LA (no, I'm not going to the shower). My SIL suggested that, since I made beautiful afghans for each of her children (and they still have them!), perhaps I could find the time? Well, I've been knitting my poor fingers off, and it's 3/4s finished.
Beth
At least your 3/4 finished! I had planned on kitting a baby blanket for Lucie, it might be finished by the time she had kids! I would say I am 1/4 of the way done. (so if 1/4 took 6 yrs, she can't have her first kid before 24!)
WVURunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:54 AM   #122
Travelbee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dthogue View Post
Wow you guys have been busy.... Our cruise plans gave been out on hold. If you remember I was using crutches due to hip pain. Well it turns out I had a stress fracture in my femur . This morning I fell in the shower and fractured it. Having surgery today, but dr says I can't fly . I'm going to be so disappointed if I can't go
Tammy - wishing you a speedy recovery!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dededisney View Post
Wow, lucky you with the 11 pm sleep time! I think at about 1:00 the boys decided to play pool (which is right below our bedroom), so we just kept hearing the smack from the cue to the ball!
Yes we were very lucky. I guess that's the difference between 10yo girls and teenage boys! Or it may be a trick so they can have more sleepovers... my SIL says once they start, there's no stopping them.

April 19, 2014: 7-Day Eastern Caribbean Disney Fantasy
June 15, 2013: 12-Day Mediterranean with Greece & Turkey Disney Magic
December 9, 2012: 14-Day Panama Canal Disney Wonder
July 2, 2012: 7-Day Alaska Disney Wonder
April 17, 2011: 10-Day Mexican Riviera Disney Wonder
May 15, 2010: 11-Day Mediterranean Disney Magic
November 14, 2009: Double Dip Delight (7-day Western Disney Magic)
April 26, 2008: 7-Day Eastern Disney Magic
May 17, 2007: 3-Day Bahama Disney Wonder
Travelbee is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-14-2012, 12:03 PM   #123
WVURunner
DIS Veteran

Celebrating the 1st anniversary of my 29th Birthday! I am also remembering how much I HATE birthdays! They are always the biggest let-downs. Left for work at 4am before DH was awake, will be working 6am to 6pm at the landfill and I won't get back home till 8pm; just another day which I would be fine with if society didn't make such a big deal out of birthdays! When I have kids, we aren't going to celebrate birthdays! And that way, I won't have to deal with slumber parties or the cost of laser tag!
WVURunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:25 PM   #124
Started With a Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVURunner View Post
Celebrating the 1st anniversary of my 29th Birthday! I am also remembering how much I HATE birthdays! They are always the biggest let-downs. Left for work at 4am before DH was awake, will be working 6am to 6pm at the landfill and I won't get back home till 8pm; just another day which I would be fine with if society didn't make such a big deal out of birthdays! When I have kids, we aren't going to celebrate birthdays! And that way, I won't have to deal with slumber parties or the cost of laser tag!
Oh yes, you will. Seeing something through their eyes is SO much better than any celebration of your own.
Started With a Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:35 PM   #125
bbangel
My friends call me the font of useless knowledge

Oh no Tammy! I hope the surgery goes well and you can work something out to still be on board. We would all be there to help you with whatever you needed!
bbangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:24 PM   #126
Gilland18
DIS Veteran

Happy birthday, Emily!

Kim

WDW 1984, Polynesian/Wonder 2003, Pop Century 2006,
Wonder Alaska 2011, Wonder EBPC 2012
Gilland18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:06 PM   #127
Travelbee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Happy Birthday!! Today's my sister's birthday too. For someone who was born on the same day as my sister, your personality seemed the complete opposite. (BTW-did I tell you that your sister sounds just like my sister?) Anyway, 30s are even better than 20s so you have a lot to look forward to! Everyone's more mature and more importantly, more money to enjoy life! And I agree with others, there's no chance that you won't celebrate your kids' birthdays. The gleam in her eyes and her excitement were worth every penny. Besides, we splurged on double digits figuring we won't be around when she turns triple digits. Anyway, hope your DH has a candlelit dinner waiting for you when you get home tonight!

April 19, 2014: 7-Day Eastern Caribbean Disney Fantasy
June 15, 2013: 12-Day Mediterranean with Greece & Turkey Disney Magic
December 9, 2012: 14-Day Panama Canal Disney Wonder
July 2, 2012: 7-Day Alaska Disney Wonder
April 17, 2011: 10-Day Mexican Riviera Disney Wonder
May 15, 2010: 11-Day Mediterranean Disney Magic
November 14, 2009: Double Dip Delight (7-day Western Disney Magic)
April 26, 2008: 7-Day Eastern Disney Magic
May 17, 2007: 3-Day Bahama Disney Wonder
Travelbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:09 PM   #128
skayrobe
Mouseketeer

Happy Birthday

A very Happy Birthday to you Emily. I hope your birthday is a fun one. Although I usually don't associate the words birthday and landfill together with the word fun. Happy Bday. Sherry
skayrobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:19 PM   #129
BethC1952
DIS Veteran
Has been VERY patient and VERY helpful!

Happy birthday, Emily!

I agree, though, that the landfill may not be the nicest place to spend a birthday! I am SO over celebrating birthdays, but that may be because I've had twice as many as you have! Of course, that doesn't stop me from planning something for that day. A cruise is always a good way to observe the anniversary of the day I arrived on this earth.

Beth
Old 11-14-2012, 02:41 PM   #130
jsails
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Happy Happy Birthday! Keeo celebrating .... when I hit 60 i decided I had earned it and I celebrate my birthday month! I get to go out to lunch every day of the month.
jsails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:25 PM   #131
chrissyt27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dededisney View Post
So sorry to hear this Tammy. I sure hope with 3 weeks healing time, you'll get the go ahead to fly. We are hoping for a speedy recovery for you!
Prayers for a speedy recovery.
December 2007 Disneyland Trip with DH, December 2008 WDW trip with DH and Aunt!!
February 2009 2nd anniversary “Magic” Cruise
November 2009 Birthday at WDW, December 2010 Disney "Magic" Cruise, December 2012 "Wonder" 14 Night Panama Cruise
chrissyt27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:45 PM   #132
MPS516
Disney #2 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Spencer View Post
Thanks for the input on the name tags. I'm going to add "EBPC Cruise" or something like that and the date so they're identifiable to our cruise. By the way, they look much better (brighter/vibrant) than the pictures I posted. I print them on photo paper, laminate them and round the corners. They are the same size as KTTW card and fit nicely in the plastic cardholder along with a KTTW card.
Jeff,

Are you and Susan doing the 20th anniversary marathon and half marathon in Jan ?
GOLF: Palm, Magnolia, Lake Buena Vista, Oak Trail

MPS516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:56 PM   #133
Moby
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Happy Birthday!!
Old 11-14-2012, 05:00 PM   #134
Moby
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dthogue View Post
Our cruise plans gave been out on hold. If you remember I was using crutches due to hip pain. Well it turns out I had a stress fracture in my femur . This morning I fell in the shower and fractured it. Having surgery today, but dr says I can't fly . I'm going to be so disappointed if I can't go
Please have your dh or dd let us know how you are doing. You've been on my heart often since I received your email last night. I've been praying for you.

Moriah will also be disappointed if she doesn't get to meet Brenna since they've been emailing for several months.
Old 11-14-2012, 05:08 PM   #135
Moby
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by haileyboo View Post
We are still negotiating. We've already had one negotiation fall apart because they had it contingent on the sale of their house which wasn't under contract & my realtor said was overpriced. This one isn't contingent on anything, so that's progress. If we can come to an agreement, we're moving 12/27, so I need to almost have the house packed before the cruise.....

I would be so pissed off with my realtor. Have you finally gotten in touch with them? We've had bad ones in the past, but we're lucky this time around that both the one here & the one where we are moving to are both awesome.

This is such a roller coaster ride. I'm so ready to get off the roller coaster & onto the Disney Cruise!!!!!
I fully understand what a rollerer coast ride both of our families are currently experiencing with buying/selling a home, preparing to move, getting readyfor the cruise, and the holiday season looming! I never expected to be in this position as we just did a huge remodel/addition to our current home which makes it tough to find another house because I'm always comparing. Thankfully, we don't plan to sell our home so perhaps I'll be able to live in it again when we retire.

Yes, I finally spoke to my realtor a day and a half AFTER I received Counter Offer #1 from the seller. It has been frustrating to say the least. We countered again and will hear on Nov 15. We wanted to close in January, but the sellers want a Dec 28 closing for tax reasons which totally messes up our plans. I haven't been with my family for Christmas for 5 years and we planned to fly from Miami to spend a week with them in Phoenix for Christmas, but if we have a contract, I'll have to cancel those plans to sign papers for the close.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: