Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-2012, 01:07 PM   #1291
DisneyZell
Likes Adventures on the High Seas

sitting in the terminal streaming NFL red zone on my laptop and hanging out. This is *definately* the life!!!
DisneyZell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 01:14 PM   #1292
hedgerow
Adventure Keeps Calling My Name!

We are table 24!!!! Can't wait for the first drink of the day!!!! Looking for fun and a party!!! They told us we would board at noon

Been there done that? Maybebut I wanna do it again!
hedgerow is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-09-2012, 03:08 PM   #1293
So Cal Crew
Mouseketeer

It's just after 1:00, we're packed and almost on our way to the terminal. Sum and Aut have been texting a few friends that are already there. Can't wait to see everyone. We love you Bree and Tammy!
Old 12-10-2012, 08:52 AM   #1294
ludari
DIS Veteran

I am not on this cruise but yesterday I dropped off my friends at the cruise terminal. I sooo wanted to be on this cruise especially with my friends on board but with all the vacations I took this year I just didn't have enough time. I'm sure everyone is going to have a wonderful time.
DLR/DCA - Too many times to count; Tokyo Disneyland-Aug 1986; DCL Magic WBTA-Sept 2010; DCL Wonder Cruise to Nowhere-Jan 2011; DCL Wonder Mexican Rivera Cruise-Jan 2011; Princess Half Marathon-Feb 2011; DLR 5K & Half Marathon-Sept 2011; DCL Wonder Repo Cruise-Sept 2011; Wine&Dine Half Marathon-Oct 2011; WDW 5K & Half Marathon-Jan 2012; Tinker Bell 5K & Half Marathon-Jan 2012; Princess 5K & Half Marathon-Feb 2012; DCL Fantasy Maiden Cruise-Mar 2012; Expedition Everest Challenge-May 2012; DLR Half Marathon-Sept 2012; Disney/Pixar Wonder Cruise-Sept 2012; Tower of Terror 10-Miler and 5K-Sept 2012; Wine&Dine 5K & Half Marathon-Nov 2012; Goofy Challenge & 5K-Jan 2013; Tinker Bell 5K & Half Marathon-Jan 2013; Disney Aulani Resort-May 2013; Club 33-July 2013; Dumbo Double Dare-Sept 2013; Tower of Terror 10-Miler-Oct 2013; Dopey Challenge-Jan 2014; Tinker Bell 5K, 10K & Half Marathon-Jan 2014; Dumbo Double Dare-Sept 2014; DCL Magic Westbound Transatlantic Cruise-Sept 2014; Avengers Super Heroes 5K & Half

Last edited by ludari; 12-10-2012 at 07:10 PM.
ludari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:51 AM   #1295
Jeff Spencer
Space & Disney Nut

Sitting at Tiki Bar in Cabo eating fish tacos and drinking margaritas. We arrived at cabo at 9:30 and were rendering by 9:45 and on the dock at 10.

Wonder 15 Night WBPC Cruise May 2014 Web Site

May 2014 - Disney Wonder, 15 Night WBPC
Oct 2013 - Disney Dream, 4 Night Bahamas
Dec 2012 - Disney Wonder, 14 Night EBPC
May 2010 - Disney Magic, 11 Night Med
June 2008 - Disney Magic, 7 Night Mexican Riviera
June 2007 - Disney Magic, 11 Night Med
May 2001 - Disney Magic, 7 Night Eastern Caribbean
Jeff Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:50 PM   #1296
ludari
DIS Veteran

I just watched the Wonder go through the Panama Canal on one of the webcams.
DLR/DCA - Too many times to count; Tokyo Disneyland-Aug 1986; DCL Magic WBTA-Sept 2010; DCL Wonder Cruise to Nowhere-Jan 2011; DCL Wonder Mexican Rivera Cruise-Jan 2011; Princess Half Marathon-Feb 2011; DLR 5K & Half Marathon-Sept 2011; DCL Wonder Repo Cruise-Sept 2011; Wine&Dine Half Marathon-Oct 2011; WDW 5K & Half Marathon-Jan 2012; Tinker Bell 5K & Half Marathon-Jan 2012; Princess 5K & Half Marathon-Feb 2012; DCL Fantasy Maiden Cruise-Mar 2012; Expedition Everest Challenge-May 2012; DLR Half Marathon-Sept 2012; Disney/Pixar Wonder Cruise-Sept 2012; Tower of Terror 10-Miler and 5K-Sept 2012; Wine&Dine 5K & Half Marathon-Nov 2012; Goofy Challenge & 5K-Jan 2013; Tinker Bell 5K & Half Marathon-Jan 2013; Disney Aulani Resort-May 2013; Club 33-July 2013; Dumbo Double Dare-Sept 2013; Tower of Terror 10-Miler-Oct 2013; Dopey Challenge-Jan 2014; Tinker Bell 5K, 10K & Half Marathon-Jan 2014; Dumbo Double Dare-Sept 2014; DCL Magic Westbound Transatlantic Cruise-Sept 2014; Avengers Super Heroes 5K & Half
ludari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:45 PM   #1297
Jeff Spencer
Space & Disney Nut

Yep, we are exiting the last lock at Gatun into the Atlantic.

Wonder 15 Night WBPC Cruise May 2014 Web Site

May 2014 - Disney Wonder, 15 Night WBPC
Oct 2013 - Disney Dream, 4 Night Bahamas
Dec 2012 - Disney Wonder, 14 Night EBPC
May 2010 - Disney Magic, 11 Night Med
June 2008 - Disney Magic, 7 Night Mexican Riviera
June 2007 - Disney Magic, 11 Night Med
May 2001 - Disney Magic, 7 Night Eastern Caribbean
Jeff Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 07:44 PM   #1298
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

Back to reality tomorrow. Sad to be leaving all my new friends but looking forward to being at home for the holidays. Safe journey to all. Hope we get to cruise again soon.
Old 12-23-2012, 10:34 AM   #1299
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

Short review - just the old lady's opinion.

Debarkation went better than I expected. I was in the Minnie group which was called after the express group, Arial, and Daisy. I was off the ship and at the shuttle stop by 9. Getting the luggage is a bit of a hassle =- it comes on caroussels instead of grouped in a room, and porters aren't exactly plentiful.

SAS Shuttle was prompt, courtous, and had a trailer for the luggage. I was at
FLL by 10 and in the line for sky cap check in. Unfortunately 8 pounds overweight, so it cost me. heck If I had known, I would have put MORE in the bag, lol.

Now waiting for my 2 pm flight.

PORT Highlights of the cruise were

Cartagena. Mixed reviews from people taking Disney tours, but my private tour was fabulous.

Cabo - LOVE Cabo, just because it's warm and lovely - the mall was mostly upscale shops. Water taxi back was 5$. Lots of vendors selling sightseeing tours and fishing tours. I bought another bracelet in the handicraft market.

PV - Love PV. There was a fiesta for the Virgin Mary. Many sand sculptures on the beach, and the procession to the church. I ate at a totally local restaurant, Fredy's. It was wonderful.

LESS than stellar port - Costa Maya. NOT a Disney quality port. Mostly tacky tourist stuff and over priced jewelry.

Most fun with Dis-ers.

Ornament exchange run as a yankee swap - WHAT a hoot.
2st day Promenade meet - big group started at 2:30 and lasted until we had to break up for boat drill
* 3 pm 'stitch & chat' in the outlook bar on sea days = a rotating cast of crafters attended.

There was no official scrapbook activity, however there were card making, origami and drawing activities, which many of the same people attended.

Stateroom crawl was VERY well attended.

The EBPC Running Club - now you understand the old lady doesn't run. Upright creeping is more correct. But the fact that there was tracking and a goal made me keep moving - I did ~28 miles in the 14 days.

Especial Kudos to Jeff & Susan Spencer for the website, ID cards & hosting the stateroom crawl among other things. VWURunner for hosting the ornament exchange, the runners club, bringing Christmas trees and heaven knows what else. ChipperMerlin for taking over the FE list.

Congratulations to DisneyLoveBirds (Melissa & Xavier) who got engaged at port before the cruise.

My thanks to PBewley (Paul & Dana) who didn't ask to sit with me, but made dinner time an absolute pleasure.

Terrific cruise. On the way home to make Christmas. Safe Journey, all!

Happy Day, all!
Old 12-24-2012, 09:19 AM   #1300
bugsgrandma
would rather be cruising

thanks to all

Had a wonderful cruise. Met a lot of really nice disboarders. Even though we didn't do the FE, we received some very nice gifts. Thanks to everyone who contributed. It was very thoughtful and appreciated. Hope everyone makes it home safely and enjoy the holidays.
bugsgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:44 AM   #1301
mug318ca
Mouseketeer since 1964

I have running logs for the "marathon" on the ship. Where do I send them for a certificate of completion?
mug318ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:16 AM   #1302
Gdes1
Mouseketeer

Well, we're home! No major events, so that's nice. The kiddos really needed to sleep in their own beds/rooms (and I guess Mommy & Daddy did, too). I will summarize our cruise as "too much food, too little sleep". But, still, a great time.

DS was a bit overstimulated and I think he has mixed feelings about our vacation. Then again, being 3 years old means having mixed feelings about everything.

Baby Adelyn had the best time of all, loving the attention from staff, the nursery, and trying new foods.

I can't wait to look at the photos and video and remember some of the details that are now just a blur after the rush to pack and get off the ship and fly home.

Thank you to everyone for the nice FE gifts! We all have things to enjoy and many things were useful on the cruise.

I am still amazed at how wonderful all of the CMs were, on all parts of the ship. I wrote several detailed letters to various department managers commending some of the CMs on a job well done. I hope others had time to do the same (or can do now that we are home).

The best part....the beauty of the ship and the amazing food that I didn't have to do a thing to prepare. And the Canal!

Thumbs down to Vista Spa. Wow. I've been to many different spas all over the country both "day" and "stay" and I am shocked at the lack of pampering in that place. Awful. In Palo, you can barely eat because they are trying so hard to pamper you. The spa is supposed to be the pamper destination, yet my spa visit felt more like a medical appointment. DCL will get a letter. I know they don't run it, but they need to take responsibility for it.

We booked our dummy date and I already warned our TA it will be 2015 before we cruise again. We need the baby girl to be potty trained and able to attend the Club before we sail again. It will also be nice to be done with baby food, diapers, etc. On this cruise, we were always dividing up so one parent could be in the room for her nap, and with the kids in different pools, it took two of us to watch them. The nursery was great and I would use it again, we just want to be able to have more family time and more adult time.

Let's see what DCL comes up with for 2015!

In the mean time, I am planning our DLR vacation for DS's 5th birthday in 2014. I guess I will move over to that section of the DIS boards, but still hang around here to keep apprised of all things cruise!
Gdes1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 12:08 PM   #1303
mug318ca
Mouseketeer since 1964

Now that I've de-toxed a bit more from the trip I want to thank, again, So Cal Crew and Coke Zero for being excellent cruise partners. We so enjoyed both families at dinner and at events that without them being there our cruise would have been a whole lot less interesting.

We did the Cartegena Old Town Walking Tour. Boy was it hot that day. And the use of air conditioning anywhere other than the bus that dropped us off and picked us up was sparse to say the least. But a very interesting tour nonetheless of the history of the city.

We also visited the Ruins in Costa Maya. It was very nice to be able to climb all over the stone items. The weather was warm, not hot, with a slight breeze blowing constantly. We added a stop at the local "boardwalk" area (2$/person via taxi - get the taxi outside the port gates) and ate at the Tropicante on the beach. We did get rained on a few times but it didn't dampen our fun. Food and prices were excellent (cash only). We could see the ship in the distance. Very pretty.

All in all a very comfortable cruise that I would recommend to anyone.
mug318ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 04:31 PM   #1304
BethC1952
DIS Veteran
Has been VERY patient and VERY helpful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugsgrandma
Had a wonderful cruise. Met a lot of really nice disboarders. Even though we didn't do the FE, we received some very nice gifts. Thanks to everyone who contributed. It was very thoughtful and appreciated. Hope everyone makes it home safely and enjoy the holidays.
You were great tablemates! We're still in Florida, but after nine hours in the train have finally arrived at Jacksonville, an hour behind schedule.

We can't wait to see the two of you again!

Beth

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 12-25-2012, 06:47 AM   #1305
PirateJohn
Earning My Ears

Wanted to let everyone know how thankful we are to have been able to join you on this Wonder-ful trip. Special thanks to Jeff for getting us in on the FE action, although we were a bit late in signing up. If anyone knows where we need to send the log sheets for the marathon, please let me know. We made many new friends. I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and look forward to cruising with you again. Looks like we will be cruising with the Tuckers on the Fantasy during Thanksgiving. May not be able to wait that long though. I hear the sea calling me, or maybe it's just the good food and the great service. Speaking of which, did anyone else gain 15 pounds? Already lost 10 by drinking distilled water. Just a tip for any of you who's rings and clothes are fitting a little tight today.
PirateJohn is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: