Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2012, 09:04 AM   #1246
jsails
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by beadel View Post
We just discovered this forum. I am so happy to find out so many other members of this forum will be on the Wonder Panama Canal Cruise. My husband and I are in our 60's and have a 10 year old son. Long story. Our children's ages range from 50 to 10. We just started laundry and packing today. We discovered that we cannot find one of my son's black shoes and his slacks do not fit (different brand than usual.) I suggested we go shopping in the morning for another pair of shoes and more pants. My husband is threatening to stay at home as it is chaotic here. Of course we are way over packing. I hope we get to meet some of you on the cruise. It is too late for us to sign up for the various experiences planned by the group but hope to meet up with some of you. Anyone with a child our son's age, I hope they can make friends.
\

We had 3 checked bags and 4 carry ons (but 3 were small backpacks). DH thought I was way over packing until he went looking for a sweater to wear to dinner with LindaBabe (which was so delightful, thank you for calling, Linda). He commented on how last cruise he had two v-neck sweaters that he wore a lot and a sweatshirt, why didn't he bring them. Well, that would have been another checked bag....so I think it's off today to buy him 'something' but where will we put it?

The cell phone problem is solved for me...I accidentally left it at my son's. It was going to cost $64 to overnight so I said no thank you.

I also left a blouse hanging up in his closet and my luggage tags for Disney. Ya know, I think I'll manage! Can't wait for tomorrow.

See y'all in 27 hours or so.
jsails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:26 AM   #1247
socababy
DIS Veteran

Welcome to all of those who have landed in CA! I hope you enjoy your day(s) before we board tomorrow!

I am sitting on the ouch right now having a cup of coffee before I get going on a very busy day. Ds has a baseball lesson at 11 with baseball address verification right after. Then we will go get lunch and then head over to Home Depot for some timers for my xmas lights. I will also be picking up outdoor holiday decor because we will be going to the cemetary to decorate Dh's site for xmas. Then we will come home where I need to finish packing. I have everyone packed but ds7. I kept telling him all week that I wasn't going to pack him until the last minute that way if he didn't stop giving me a hard time, I wouldn't need to unpack him when I left him home with grandma!

I can't believe the big day is tomorrow!
MAGIC July 2014 Med, Aug 2015 Dover to Barcelona, Aug 2015 Med
socababy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-08-2012, 10:13 AM   #1248
pharmjenn
Mouseketeer

Made it to Valencia at 1:30 this morning. WE are visiting friends and sleeping at SILs house in Irvine tonight. For the 3 of us we have 4 large bags, 1 small and 2 carryon sized. Plus DS insisted on his backpack, which is carrying Skittles, a mini etch-a-sketch and his monkey. Glad to read we don't have much more than everyone else.
I have a short to-do list: magnet page, water shoes for DH, Disney Outlet, and CVS to use up extra bucks. I wish some of those could be at the same store.

So excited for tomorrow!
pharmjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:25 AM   #1249
skayrobe
Mouseketeer

Waiting

We drove from Houston to Austin yesterday. Had dinner with friends and we are trying to talk them into an upcoming Disney Cruise out of Galveston. I also went to the Disney Outlet to get my ornaments yesterday. Our flight doesn't leave Austin until 5:30. Wish we were here already. That is a lesson learned. Should have gone early and gone to DL.
I simply can not wait. Sherry
skayrobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:33 AM   #1250
Moby
Mouseketeer

Checking in to say ! Moriah and I fly out of Reno at 3:30 p.m. today and will meet Chris (DH) in LAX since he's flying out of another airport. We are in the process of moving to southern NV and DH has been living there since Sept 30, so we are looking forward to having "family" time together on our cruise.

Usually I'm still packing last minute, but this time I'm done early and it feels great!

Are the DISboard teens (Vibe) meeting up somewhere on Sunday before the "official" meet & greet in Vibe?

See you soon!
Old 12-08-2012, 11:25 AM   #1251
BethC1952
DIS Veteran
Has been VERY patient and VERY helpful!

We're in Denver! Next stop LA!
Old 12-08-2012, 12:20 PM   #1252
WVURunner
DIS Veteran

Engagement was a success
WVURunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:32 PM   #1253
Jeff Spencer
Space & Disney Nut

We are having fun in DL. Went to CA first to do RSR...cool ride! Getting on haunted mansion now. Indy is still my favorite ride.

Wonder 15 Night WBPC Cruise May 2014 Web Site

May 2014 - Disney Wonder, 15 Night WBPC
Oct 2013 - Disney Dream, 4 Night Bahamas
Dec 2012 - Disney Wonder, 14 Night EBPC
May 2010 - Disney Magic, 11 Night Med
June 2008 - Disney Magic, 7 Night Mexican Riviera
June 2007 - Disney Magic, 11 Night Med
May 2001 - Disney Magic, 7 Night Eastern Caribbean
Jeff Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:50 PM   #1254
skayrobe
Mouseketeer

Congrats

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVURunner View Post
Engagement was a success
Hooray. Can't wait to hear all about it. sherry
skayrobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 01:01 PM   #1255
Liz Arjay
Mouseketeer

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by beadel View Post
We just discovered this forum. I am so happy to find out so many other members of this forum will be on the Wonder Panama Canal Cruise. My husband and I are in our 60's and have a 10 year old son. Long story. Our children's ages range from 50 to 10. We just started laundry and packing today. We discovered that we cannot find one of my son's black shoes and his slacks do not fit (different brand than usual.) I suggested we go shopping in the morning for another pair of shoes and more pants. My husband is threatening to stay at home as it is chaotic here. Of course we are way over packing. I hope we get to meet some of you on the cruise. It is too late for us to sign up for the various experiences planned by the group but hope to meet up with some of you. Anyone with a child our son's age, I hope they can make friends.
Glad to have you in our group! Be sure to check the website Jeff Spencer put together (link below his posts) for lots of good info about our group. Welcome aboard and see you soon!

Liz
Liz Arjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 01:29 PM   #1256
Started With a Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Spencer View Post
We are having fun in DL. Went to CA first to do RSR...cool ride! Getting on haunted mansion now. Indy is still my favorite ride.
Haunted Mansion Holiday is the BEST!
Started With a Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 01:40 PM   #1257
Jeff Spencer
Space & Disney Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Started With a Mouse

Haunted Mansion Holiday is the BEST!
This was a total surprise to us. Did not know they had a special holiday version other than Halloween. It was awesome!

Wonder 15 Night WBPC Cruise May 2014 Web Site

May 2014 - Disney Wonder, 15 Night WBPC
Oct 2013 - Disney Dream, 4 Night Bahamas
Dec 2012 - Disney Wonder, 14 Night EBPC
May 2010 - Disney Magic, 11 Night Med
June 2008 - Disney Magic, 7 Night Mexican Riviera
June 2007 - Disney Magic, 11 Night Med
May 2001 - Disney Magic, 7 Night Eastern Caribbean
Jeff Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:03 PM   #1258
spiiffy
Mouseketeer

You should all go visit my dad at Disneyland hotel

Welcome to all who are now in the area! We will be driving down soon.

For those of you at Disneyland, my dad is a CM and is on tonight from 4-9 or so. Go visit him and get your picture taken with him! He will be sitting in the disneyland hotel wearing a red suit, white beard and giving out candy canes

See you all soon!

December 2012: 14 night Panama Canal on the Wonder

April 2012: 7 night Mexican Riviera on the Wonder

June 2010: 5 night Bahamas on the Wonder

Disneyland Annual Pass Holder
spiiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:21 PM   #1259
Nat Tucker
Mouseketeer

We just landed in Long Beach after a long flight from Baltimore,MD. Like someone else said, can't wait to crash at hotel. See y'all tomorrow!

• Wonder Eastbound Panama Canal December 2012
  • Dream DVC Member Cruise Bahamas September 2012
  • Dream Bahamas April 2012
  • Magic Eastern Caribbean October 2011
  • Wonder Bahamas December 2010
Proud DVC Member since 2011 | Home Resort: Saratoga Springs
Nat Tucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 04:56 PM   #1260
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

GOOD Afternoon, happy cruisers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by socababy View Post
Welcome to all of those who have landed in CA! I hope you enjoy your day(s) before we board tomorrow!

I am sitting on the ouch right now having a cup of coffee before I get going on a very busy day. Ds has a baseball lesson at 11 with baseball address verification right after. Then we will go get lunch and then head over to Home Depot for some timers for my xmas lights. I will also be picking up outdoor holiday decor because we will be going to the cemetary to decorate Dh's site for xmas. Then we will come home where I need to finish packing. I have everyone packed but ds7. I kept telling him all week that I wasn't going to pack him until the last minute that way if he didn't stop giving me a hard time, I wouldn't need to unpack him when I left him home with grandma!

I can't believe the big day is tomorrow!
Did he believe you??

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsails View Post
\

We had 3 checked bags and 4 carry ons (but 3 were small backpacks). DH thought I was way over packing until he went looking for a sweater to wear to dinner with LindaBabe (which was so delightful, thank you for calling, Linda). He commented on how last cruise he had two v-neck sweaters that he wore a lot and a sweatshirt, why didn't he bring them. Well, that would have been another checked bag....so I think it's off today to buy him 'something' but where will we put it?

The cell phone problem is solved for me...I accidentally left it at my son's. It was going to cost $64 to overnight so I said no thank you.

I also left a blouse hanging up in his closet and my luggage tags for Disney. Ya know, I think I'll manage! Can't wait for tomorrow.

See y'all in 27 hours or so.
Dinner was VERY fun. I am SO glad we didn't try to walk back last night - it took me a solid 20 minutes this morning. I walked all the way to Ports o'call. It was a LOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooong way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skayrobe View Post
We drove from Houston to Austin yesterday. Had dinner with friends and we are trying to talk them into an upcoming Disney Cruise out of Galveston. I also went to the Disney Outlet to get my ornaments yesterday. Our flight doesn't leave Austin until 5:30. Wish we were here already. That is a lesson learned. Should have gone early and gone to DL.
I simply can not wait. Sherry
Safe Journey! Yup. come early. Fun has been had here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moby View Post
Checking in to say ! Moriah and I fly out of Reno at 3:30 p.m. today and will meet Chris (DH) in LAX since he's flying out of another airport. We are in the process of moving to southern NV and DH has been living there since Sept 30, so we are looking forward to having "family" time together on our cruise.

Usually I'm still packing last minute, but this time I'm done early and it feels great!

Are the DISboard teens (Vibe) meeting up somewhere on Sunday before the "official" meet & greet in Vibe?

See you soon!
The "official" meet has been moved up to 2:30. you are not going to have much time between getting on and 2:30. trust me on this one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVURunner View Post
Engagement was a success
WOO HOO! Pictures?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nat Tucker View Post
We just landed in Long Beach after a long flight from Baltimore,MD. Like someone else said, can't wait to crash at hotel. See y'all tomorrow!
Sleep tight! Anyone at the double tree want to have a meet? 8:30 ish in the Lobby?

REMEMBER to sign up for the shuttle to port!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: