Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2012, 08:28 PM   #1186
dededisney
Mouseketeer

I am really in the "Mickey" spirit now. I went to a Disney seminar today and they gave us all Santa hats with Mickey ears! I love it and am wearing it around the house now. Tomorrow will be the big day to put everything in the suitcase. I just know I will forget something, but hopefully it is something either I can do without or can buy in either Cabo or Puerto Vallarta!
dededisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:28 PM   #1187
decked out
Pirate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyHive View Post
I'm been packing like mad all day trying to make it all fit but found a question I can't seem to locate an answer for online.

I understand that all the carry on bags have to be small enough to fit in the scanner but is there a limit to how many carry on bags we can bring on the ship? Just one per person or could I bring a carry on sized 22 inch rolling suitcase and a backpack/tote bag like you can on an airplane?

Thanks for you help!!
I am pretty sure carry-on bags for the ship are limited only by what you can carry. And if you board before 1pm or so, you WILL be carrying them with you everywhere you go until your stateroom is ready.

01/29/09 Wonder 3-Night Bahamas; 03/28/09 Magic 7-Night Eastern Caribbean; 12/18/10 Magic 11-Night Southern Caribbean Holiday ; 09/01/11 Dream 3-Night Bahamas; 01/19/12 Dream 3-Night Bahamas; 12/9/12 Wonder 14-Night Panama Canal; 4/8/13 Wonder 5-Night Western Caribbean; 1/17/14 Magic 3-Night Bahamas; 5/16/14 Magic 3-Night Bahamas; 10/11/14 Wonder 6-Night Western Caribbean
decked out is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-06-2012, 08:35 PM   #1188
Started With a Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Spencer View Post
Box of wine? Can that be my FE gift too?
The mini's from Target would have made a great FE gift...unfortunately, mine are already done!
Started With a Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:37 PM   #1189
decked out
Pirate!

Finally caught up on the board. This thing piles up fast!

01/29/09 Wonder 3-Night Bahamas; 03/28/09 Magic 7-Night Eastern Caribbean; 12/18/10 Magic 11-Night Southern Caribbean Holiday ; 09/01/11 Dream 3-Night Bahamas; 01/19/12 Dream 3-Night Bahamas; 12/9/12 Wonder 14-Night Panama Canal; 4/8/13 Wonder 5-Night Western Caribbean; 1/17/14 Magic 3-Night Bahamas; 5/16/14 Magic 3-Night Bahamas; 10/11/14 Wonder 6-Night Western Caribbean

Last edited by decked out; 12-06-2012 at 08:55 PM.
decked out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:11 PM   #1190
ArGa
Earning My Ears

So I am sitting here at home waiting for my dad's train to arrive from Toronto. He wanted to fly with us directly from Ottawa. I have packed the suitcases but of course I am second guessing everything I have packed. I wish it were Saturday morning already because the pre-travelling jitters are giving me a stomach ache. I am concerned about putting some of my FE gifts in my carryon bag. I have about twenty of them individually packaged in blue celephone bags and packed inside a shoebox to protect them. I am pretty sure you can't bring wrapped presents in your carryon because I have seen them make people unwrap them. Do you think security will ask me to open up each little bag? I am not sure they will fit in my suitcase if I have to move things around.
ArGa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:38 PM   #1191
bbangel
My friends call me the font of useless knowledge

ArGa someone on our last cruise had all her clear bags opened by security but hopefully it won't happen to you. She had golf tees in her bag and I think they came out as a suspicious shape when scanned.

On the personal disaster front - my dryer died today. It is not an easy to fix problem and replacing the unit (washer/dryer combo) had been on the list. Since my place is listed I was planning to do a bunch of cleaning on Saturday and leave everything freshly washed. So much for that! Of course then I remember some of the other stuff that people on this thread are dealing with and I try and suck it up.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:01 PM   #1192
BethC1952
DIS Veteran
Has been VERY patient and VERY helpful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adnil530

I'm doing Super Shuttle 7:30 a.m. LAX to Crowne on Saturday.

Microwaves should have warning labels! Okay they do but how to get people to read them!

On our last trip, we got a baggie with 2 homemade hot/cold packs. The instructions told you to put one in the freezer for a cold pack and the other one you can microwave in 30 second intervals until heated as needed. Our dd put it in there for 5 minutes and at about 4:30 mins, it literally caught fire and burned in the microwave. The house was filled with nauseous fumes and not one smoke detector went off. Thankfully, no damage and we have a whole house fan to help get the smoke out quicker.

Linda
In this case I think it's my boss who should have the warning label LOL!!! We've been together going on 20 years now, and he's a great guy, but he can be a bit absent minded at times. The good thing is that the new microwave will be in the office when I get there, and he bought smoke detectors and CO detectors and they'll be installed in the morning. Hopefully he won't burn the office down while I'm on vacation.

Beth

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 12-06-2012, 10:02 PM   #1193
BethC1952
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaBabe
It's going to be pretty quiet around here tomorrow!

Working on the celebrations list and need room numbers for the following people

Skayrobe
DeckedOut
BethC
DVCInderella's Dad
Holula
FlPrincess
DisneyLoveBirds

Please PM or see me at the 2:30 meet - no room# = no surprise
I'll give you my number at the meet! That way, I know that. Have to be there and won't forget.

Beth

Old 12-06-2012, 10:07 PM   #1194
BethC1952
DIS Veteran

We're packed except for the stuff we need for tomorrow! I followed my own advice and took out half the stuff I started with. There was even room for DH's things. Now all that's left to do is wait!

Beth

Old 12-06-2012, 10:21 PM   #1195
elderfam
There is no such thing as too many Disney trips!

Ready to GO!

The Elders are packed and I am the last to hit the sack. 8am depart and crossing fingers for an easy drive into DC for our flight. We hit LA around 6pm as we are meeting my DFL in STL and flying on from there. 85 and never met a stranger!
Ok...so I got a little carried away with our gifts which needed there own large suitcase. Thank god for southwest airlines no fee bag check! LOL
Looking forward to meeting everyone on Sunday!!

Safe travels,
Cynthia

[url='http://www.mickeypath.com/']

elderfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:27 AM   #1196
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

GOOD Morning Happy Cruisers!

I'll see you in California!

Happy day all and SAFE JOURNEY!
Old 12-07-2012, 04:17 AM   #1197
Jeff Spencer
Space & Disney Nut

Our packing went quite well. Susan did a marvelous job. Wheels up at 6:06 am and arrival in CA at 10:30 am (knock on wood).

Wonder 15 Night WBPC Cruise May 2014 Web Site

May 2014 - Disney Wonder, 15 Night WBPC
Oct 2013 - Disney Dream, 4 Night Bahamas
Dec 2012 - Disney Wonder, 14 Night EBPC
May 2010 - Disney Magic, 11 Night Med
June 2008 - Disney Magic, 7 Night Mexican Riviera
June 2007 - Disney Magic, 11 Night Med
May 2001 - Disney Magic, 7 Night Eastern Caribbean
Jeff Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:53 AM   #1198
WVURunner
DIS Veteran

And we are on our way! Headed to the airport
WVURunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:23 AM   #1199
MaryLou1962
LoveMyBoys

One last loooong day of work, then off to see Phineas & Ferb Live with my DS and his BFF tonight.

Since I'm up kinda early this morning, I think I'll contemplate taking some stuff out of the bags. And just to review the absolute truth of the packing cartoon, my DH has not yet packed one thing!!!!

And since it is a chilly -22C (-8F) this morning, landing in LA tomorrow afternoon will be all the sweeter.

See you soon!!!!
MaryLou1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:01 AM   #1200
hedgerow
Adventure Keeps Calling My Name!

Packing done(mostly). DD off to school for half a day. Hubby and I will make the last trip to WalMart this morning. We leave home at 12:30 for our 3:30 flight. Should be in LA around 8:30 their time. Oy the nerves!
See you all real soon!

Been there done that? Maybebut I wanna do it again!
hedgerow is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: