Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2012, 05:08 AM   #106
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

GOOD Morning, happy cruisers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4everluvDisney View Post
We are leaning towards Karmel to get us to the port. Do you want to hook up as they said when we book there could be 1 stop. We are staying at Disney's Grand California and we could plan to stop to pick you up. We are planning on a pick-up time of 8 am so we can get to the port early. Where are you staying? Do you think this is doable. If you would like to pm me please feel free.
I think 8 am is WAY too early! We left at 9:30 for the Hawaii in May and were still plenty early. It's not like there is anything interesting about the terminal in LA. I'm staying in San Pedro and not in any rush to get over to port. (So I say NOW - i'm sure on the day, I'll be champing at the bit just like everybody else. )

Quote:
Originally Posted by dthogue View Post
Wow you guys have been busy.... Our cruise plans gave been out on hold. If you remember I was using crutches due to hip pain. Well it turns out I had a stress fracture in my femur . This morning I fell in the shower and fractured it. Having surgery today, but dr says I can't fly . I'm going to be so disappointed if I can't go
OH MY Goodness! Hope all goes well and you heal quickly!

Happy Day, ALL! (HEALTHY DAY to Tammy & JSails)
Old 11-14-2012, 05:31 AM   #107
4everluvDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Wow you guys have been busy.... Our cruise plans gave been out on hold. If you remember I was using crutches due to hip pain. Well it turns out I had a stress fracture in my femur . This morning I fell in the shower and fractured it. Having surgery today, but dr says I can't fly . I'm going to be so disappointed if I can't go
Hope things go well and you will be able to join us. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Hoping for a speedy recovery.

Audrey and Doug
4everluvDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-14-2012, 05:34 AM   #108
4everluvDisney
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=LindaBabe;46704312]GOOD Morning, happy cruisers!

I think 8 am is WAY too early! We left at 9:30 for the Hawaii in May and were still plenty early. It's not like there is anything interesting about the terminal in LA. I'm staying in San Pedro and not in any rush to get over to port. (So I say NOW - i'm sure on the day, I'll be champing at the bit just like everybody else. )

We were told that it could take an hour to get there and we may have an additional stop. Don't know how long that would take. That's why we thought 8ish to get us there for around 10. May need to re-think this.
4everluvDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:42 AM   #109
Relaxin'
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I pray that all goes well today. Can you take the train, if the doctor says no plane? There must be some way.
March 1977 - first visit to WDW, August 1980 - first visit to Disney Land, May 1981 - WDW, December 1987 - WDW with my DH, July 2003 - Wilderness Lodge first family visit, December 2003 - Cirque du Soleil, December 2007 - Caribbean Beach - NYE in WDW, March 2009 - Wonder 4 day Bahama's, December 2009 - Magic NYE Western cruise, December 2010 - Wonder NYE Eastern cruise, January 2011 - Saratoga Springs - WDW 5K Buzz Lightyear run, December 2011 Dream 3 day Bahama's,Candle Light Processional, MVMCP March 2012 - Fantasy Maiden Voyage Western cruise,December 2012 - East Bound Panama Canal,October 2013 - Dream 3 day and 4 day Bahama's and 10 miler Tower of Terror race, Sept 2014 WBTA Magic,February 2015 Magic Western,September 2015 Wonder - Hawaii
Relaxin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:03 AM   #110
MaryLou1962
LoveMyBoys

Quote:
Hang in there Tammy. Three weeks is a long time--anything (good) can happen.

Good luck with your surgery. We're all behind you!
MaryLou1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:07 AM   #111
Nat Tucker
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dthogue
Tammy, Wishing you a safe surgery and recovery. Hopefully you could get there by train or smthg else.

• Wonder Eastbound Panama Canal December 2012
  • Dream DVC Member Cruise Bahamas September 2012
  • Dream Bahamas April 2012
  • Magic Eastern Caribbean October 2011
  • Wonder Bahamas December 2010
Proud DVC Member since 2011 | Home Resort: Saratoga Springs
Nat Tucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:33 AM   #112
WVURunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
OH No, sending well wishes your way and will be praying for you and your doctors. Think and stay positive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxin' View Post
I pray that all goes well today. Can you take the train, if the doctor says no plane? There must be some way.
I was thinking the same thing, Take the train to LA and hopefully you will be able to fly byt the time we reach Miami. The train might not be ideal but at least you can still go.
WVURunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:12 AM   #113
skayrobe
Mouseketeer

Speedy Recovery

Tammy. I am sending lots of prayers your way for a speedy recovery. Let us know how you are when you are able to. Sherry
skayrobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:13 AM   #114
pharmjenn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Oh, Tammy, I hope the surgery is going well today and you recover quickly. You have done so much for this group, I really hope you get to make it.
pharmjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:37 AM   #115
haileyboo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moby View Post
Did your offer come through? On Saturday (10-10) we made an offer on a home in our new location, and the sellers sent a counter offer yesterday morning (11/12). I've been trying to connect with the realtor to respond with our own counter offer, but she has not returned my phone calls nor answered my email messages, so I'm so frustrated and don't have a clue how to proceed to get our counter offer to the seller when I can't even reach my realtor.

Glad to know someone else hasn't starting packing yet either! My head is spinning with everything I need to do in the next few months with a move on the horizon that a vacation will be timely!
We are still negotiating. We've already had one negotiation fall apart because they had it contingent on the sale of their house which wasn't under contract & my realtor said was overpriced. This one isn't contingent on anything, so that's progress. If we can come to an agreement, we're moving 12/27, so I need to almost have the house packed before the cruise.....

I would be so pissed off with my realtor. Have you finally gotten in touch with them? We've had bad ones in the past, but we're lucky this time around that both the one here & the one where we are moving to are both awesome.

This is such a roller coaster ride. I'm so ready to get off the roller coaster & onto the Disney Cruise!!!!!
7 night Eastern Caribbean September 2009
B2B 3 & 4 night Bahamas October 2011
14 night Panama Canal December 2012
haileyboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:46 AM   #116
Gilland18
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm so sorry! Praying your surgery and recovery are uneventful and your much needed vacation isn't impacted.

Kim

WDW 1984, Polynesian/Wonder 2003, Pop Century 2006,
Wonder Alaska 2011, Wonder EBPC 2012, Magic WBTA 2014
Gilland18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:51 AM   #117
adnil530
I'm someone's special someone....he's special too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dthogue
Tammy so sorry this had happened. I will pray for a safe surgery and speedy recovery. A lot of healing can happen in three weeks. Lots of prayers going your way from your Dis family and friends.

DL: Often 40+ years WDW: 1990; 2005; 2008; 2009; 2010; 2011, 2013, 2014 Disney Cruises:Wonder to Nowhere May 17, 2014; Magic Bahamas January 20, 2014; Wonder December 9, 2012 Eastbound Panama Canal; Wonder Mexican Riviera November 18, 2012; Wonder Pacific Coast Cruise September 30, 2012; Wonder April 1, 2012 Mexican Riviera; Dream December 29, 2011 5 day New Years Double Dip - Bahamas; Wonder May 31, 2011 Vancouver-Alaska; 10/31/2010 Magic Western Caribbean; Magic 4/25/09 1st trip to Tortola -Roy Suite; Wonder Bahamas & Poly 12/14/208 and got hooked! Up and Coming:; Fantasy Nov 29, 2014 Western Caribbean; Wonder b2b May 17, 2015 2 nt to Nowhere & May 19, 2015 Mexico; Wonder b2b Oct 1, 2015 Baha Mexico & Oct 4, 2015 Baha Mexico
adnil530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:31 AM   #118
jsails
Mouseketeer

Quote:
OMG, Tammy. My thoughts and prayers are with you today and through your recovery. Positive thoughts that you will not be in pain and will be able to go on the cruise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaBabe View Post
Happy Day, ALL! (HEALTHY DAY to Tammy & JSails)
You are so sweet, thank you!
jsails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:29 AM   #119
dededisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
So sorry to hear this Tammy. I sure hope with 3 weeks healing time, you'll get the go ahead to fly. We are hoping for a speedy recovery for you!
dededisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:34 PM   #120
BethC1952
DIS Veteran
Has been VERY patient and VERY helpful!

Sorry I have been missing in action for a few days. A "knitting emergency" broke out...my favorite niece is having her first baby, the shower is the day we leave for LA (no, I'm not going to the shower). My SIL suggested that, since I made beautiful afghans for each of her children (and they still have them!), perhaps I could find the time? Well, I've been knitting my poor fingers off, and it's 3/4s finished. I have to get it in the mail no later than Thanksgiving weekend! I'd like to have it finished by Friday, and then I can mail it early next week. I also want to find a copy of "The Poky Little Puppy". It was DH's favorite story as a child, and we've given a copy to every baby born in the family for 37 years!

Tammy--prayers coming your way for a quick recovery and to help you heal enough to travel!

I finally got my documents yesterday! It's funny--I had kind of forgotten about the cruise in the mad knitting frenzy!

Beth

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: