Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2012, 05:55 AM   #1156
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

Good MOrning, Happy Cruisers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruise View Post
. . . . Being just one of me, I didn't want to have to wrangle all my luggage back to the airport and find the shuttle there. I'm just hoping the porters swarm us when we show up at the port and I don't have to deal with it there either. Now I remember why I usually just travel with carry on luggage.
There *WILL* be lots of porters at Port - Stand on the curb where the shuttle drops you, surrounded by your luggage and look helpless. One will soon be there. I, too, will be alone (except for Dimples and she's no help at all.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyZell View Post
Well, according to the cartoon I won't start packing until 10 minutes before we leave. Oh, that's right I probably won't.

I don't even have my clothes back from the cleaners yet!

BUT, my to do list is *much* smaller than it was a few days ago!

DZ
You can say that again! I'm down from 3 pages to 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goiu View Post
We leave tomorrow! It has been total chaos here. We had my Inlaws here thanksgiving week. Then my parents and brothers family last week. So, we've had 2 Christmas already. Plus, DS 4th birthday on Sunday. What really threw me off was that my brothers family got the flu while they were here. So, I was sick in bed for 3 days this past weekend after catching what they had. So, Ive been so behind in packing. Plus, DH was in orange county twice in the last 5 days. He got home tonight to pack his stuff. . That cartoon is totally my family. Well, as long as we all stay healthy on this trip it will be the best cruise ever. Can't wait to see you all soon. Safe travels everyone.
DO NOT bring it with you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbyar View Post
Chaos here too. Dh's grandmother passed last night. Dh is trying to make arrangements but I may need to change his flight, which will be seriously interesting. Wish us Luck.
Oh, Dear. I'm SO sorry for his loss. But, glad too that it won't keep you from coming.

Tomorrow. TOMORROW! I can stop fretting and FLY! Can't wait to meet y'all.

Happy Day, ALL!
Old 12-06-2012, 07:11 AM   #1157
jsails
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaBabe View Post
Good MOrning, Happy Cruisers!
There *WILL* be lots of porters at Port - Stand on the curb where the shuttle drops you, surrounded by your luggage and look helpless. One will soon be there. I, too, will be alone (except for Dimples and she's no help at all.)
Linda, my DH will be happy to help you! Wanted to let you know we are renting a car for Saturday to go pick our friends up from LAX then go purchase our wine and last minute items. If you need anything from the store give us a call and we will pick it up. Ya know, I'll email you our last name so you can call our room if you need to. Don't hesitate ... we'll be happy to help. What time are you taking shuttle to port?

We leave tomorrow and I have not starting packing yet. I have doctor's appointment and physical therapy today so that will take a chunk out. Also I just got my glasses in the mail yesterday from the repair job after DS dog chewed them so I have to find an optical store to get them adjusted.

Se y'all in three days!
jsails is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-06-2012, 08:38 AM   #1158
BethC1952
DIS Veteran
Has been VERY patient and VERY helpful!

Quote:
Chaos here too. Dh's grandmother passed last night. Dh is trying to make arrangements but I may need to change his flight, which will be seriously interesting. Wish us Luck.
I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope changing his flight doesn't turn out to be a horrible experience!

Beth
Old 12-06-2012, 08:49 AM   #1159
elderfam
There is no such thing as too many Disney trips!

****Free Fish Extenders****

If you requested one of my free Fish Extenders for this cruise BUT did not get a PM from me PLEASE PM ASAP!

I dont want anyone to be left out and I have not had time to check the thread..

I still have a few left and will be glad to bring them with me...Just need names.

I will be bringing FE for the following: StartedwithaMouse, Hedgerow, Disneylovebirds, DodgerDog, Magicmaker, Marylou1962, and Chrissyt27.

We leave tomorrow so I have time to add to my suitcase if needed.

[url='http://www.mickeypath.com/']

elderfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:06 AM   #1160
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsails View Post
Linda, my DH will be happy to help you! Wanted to let you know we are renting a car for Saturday to go pick our friends up from LAX then go purchase our wine and last minute items. If you need anything from the store give us a call and we will pick it up. Ya know, I'll email you our last name so you can call our room if you need to. Don't hesitate ... we'll be happy to help. What time are you taking shuttle to port?

We leave tomorrow and I have not starting packing yet. I have doctor's appointment and physical therapy today so that will take a chunk out. Also I just got my glasses in the mail yesterday from the repair job after DS dog chewed them so I have to find an optical store to get them adjusted.

Se y'all in three days!
Isn't that so NICE of you to volunteer your DH! I'll see you tomorrow!
Old 12-06-2012, 11:19 AM   #1161
Chinook
Sail Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxin' View Post
The name of the Liquor store is Purdy's. Walk out the front of the hotel, turn right, turn right at the corner,turn left at the next corner and there you are. From the map, it appears that the back of the hotel is no more than 50 feet from the store. There may even be a back door to the hotel. The address is: 5919 W 98th St. If you would like I can pick something up for you. But it sounds like from Cruise that it should be fine if there are two people. I would think we would be on the same shuttle. Are you getting excited yet?
Thanks! If you see me at the Marriott I will be the one wearing the Minnie Ears! I am excited!
Chinook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:47 AM   #1162
abbyar
Mouseketeer

Rebooking flight

Actually did not turn out to be as bad as I thought. Moved dh's flight to later in the day, incurring $75 change fee. Canceled our car service to the airport, as dh will now drive me & the kids. I'll get a rental car at LAX to get us settled at the hotel, take the kids to a park near my dad's house, etc. Dh will get a cab to the airport, and I'll meet him at LAX with the kids, we'll drop off the rental car and get a cab to the hotel. Net net, we're out maybe $100.
abbyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:52 AM   #1163
Disneylovebirds
Earning My Ears

I am planning on going to the gym in the a.m. a few times a week. If anyone is interested in setting something up let me know!

Anyone else doing Super Shuttle at LAX?
Disneylovebirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:54 AM   #1164
MaryLou1962
LoveMyBoys

After much discussion and alternate plans, we are now doing Supershuttle at LAX.
MaryLou1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:06 PM   #1165
BethC1952
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Actually did not turn out to be as bad as I thought. Moved dh's flight to later in the day, incurring $75 change fee. Canceled our car service to the airport, as dh will now drive me & the kids. I'll get a rental car at LAX to get us settled at the hotel, take the kids to a park near my dad's house, etc. Dh will get a cab to the airport, and I'll meet him at LAX with the kids, we'll drop off the rental car and get a cab to the hotel. Net net, we're out maybe $100.
I'm so glad it worked out well for you!

Beth
Old 12-06-2012, 12:13 PM   #1166
BethC1952
DIS Veteran

OK, time for a quick "I know it's time for a vacation when..." story. I know it's time for a vacation when the boss almost sets the office on fire!

He makes soup every day. Sometimes two or three times a day. I have no idea what he was thinking, but he put his soup in the microwave and set the timer for 40 minutes!!!! I was minding my own business, working hard (ok, maybe I was here on the DIS) and my eyes started to burn. Then I realized that the room was filling with smoke. Thinking that my portable heater was overheating, I turned it off, but the smoke got worse. A quick trip to the other room and I noticed the smoke pouring out of the microwave. Once I determined that there was no fire (yet!!!!) I turned it off, opened the windows, turned on the fans and told him that he needed to get off the phone and help me ventilate the office. Of course, it's the coldest day of the season today, and all the windows are open and the fans are on. I'm freezing, I need to go somewhere warm and sunny---like maybe the Panama Canal?

One more thing--we've been in this office 10 years, and today we found out that we don't have smoke detectors! The best part is that they had tested the fire alarm this morning. It worked then, but not a peep out of it when the place was full of smoke.

He did offer me the rest of the day off, but I have too many things that have to be wrapped up before I can leave for vacation. So I'm here wrapped in a shawl, thinking about putting my coat on, and have my little heater blasting at my feet!

Beth
Old 12-06-2012, 12:40 PM   #1167
magicmaker1
Mouseketeer

Dear Elderfam--ignore the pm I sent you about not getting a pm from you. I see now that I am on your list. My pm s have been hit and miss of late. Thanks again!!!!!!!!!!!!

magicmaker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:44 PM   #1168
magicmaker1
Mouseketeer

We are taking Super Shuttle as well-early Sunday morning-from LAX to port.

magicmaker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:04 PM   #1169
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethC1952 View Post
. . . somewhere warm and sunny---like maybe the Panama Canal?

One more thing--we've been in this office 10 years, and today we found out that we don't have smoke detectors! The best part is that they had tested the fire alarm this morning. It worked then, but not a peep out of it when the place was full of smoke.

He did offer me the rest of the day off, but I have too many things that have to be wrapped up before I can leave for vacation. So I'm here wrapped in a shawl, thinking about putting my coat on, and have my little heater blasting at my feet!

Beth
oh. my. goodness. Beth, PLEASE go out at lunch and buy a couple smoke detectors!!!
Old 12-06-2012, 02:18 PM   #1170
cecechaffee
Earning My Ears

FE finished and we received our oriental trading order yesterday. we will have enough for 120 adults and 72 kids...yeahhhh for cybermonday deals!!!!!

3 more nite-nights till I hit that buffet.
3 more nite-nights till no more beds to make in the morning,
3 more nite-nights till no more cooking,
3 more nite-nights till I have to brag my kids to hang with us

Disney Wonder 2009, Caribbeans
Disney Wonder 2010, Mediterranean
Disney Wonder 2011, Mexican Riviera
Believing and excited for Disney Wonder 2012 Panama Canal
cecechaffee is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: