Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2012, 07:17 AM   #1111
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

GOOD Morning, Happy Cruisers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalifFamily View Post
Hi! I just found this thread! We will be on this cruise! Sooo very excited. Only a few days away. Wish I had found this thread earlier! We are a family of 4 (me, my hubby and our 5 year old twin boys). Hope we get a chance to meet some other fun nice families!
-Karen
Welcome aboard! Be sure to come to the meet in the promenade lounge - we'll probably be there until at least 3:30 if you can't make it on the dot of 2:30.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom24cuties View Post
We upgraded at port this fall following specific advice from a thread on the Disboards. The trick is to arrive early, complete your check in as quickly as possible and ask for the supervisor's desk. At the supervisor's desk there will be another line. When you get to the front they will show you a list of upgrades available and the cost to upgrade from your current room to the new category. If you plan to upgrade have all your paperwork ready and signed to speed the check in process along. The most important thing is to check in first as there were cruisers getting into the supervisor's line to upgrade who had not checked in and they were sent away. Good luck!
Good advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyHive View Post
I'm been packing like mad all day trying to make it all fit but found a question I can't seem to locate an answer for online.

I understand that all the carry on bags have to be small enough to fit in the scanner but is there a limit to how many carry on bags we can bring on the ship? Just one per person or could I bring a carry on sized 22 inch rolling suitcase and a backpack/tote bag like you can on an airplane?

Thanks for you help!!
Should be no problem. I always have a roll on and a tote containing Miss Dimples.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmjenn View Post
Welcome Karen and family! We are travelling with our DS, who just turned 5years yesterday. He will be thrilled to have even more boys his age!

As an aside, when I was telling him about all the new kids he was going to meet, he got worried and asked what if they didn't like him? (I think the kids in preschool play the "I don't like you" today "game") I told him none of kids will know each other, so everyone gets to be friends. He loves everyone, and I know he will fit in with any group he finds in the clubs/lab, pools and on excursions, but he sure was worried.
Poor BABY! Little kids shouldn't have to worry about this stuff!!!!!

Everyone leaving today - wishing you a smooth journey!

Cartegena tourists I haven't had an answer on the paypal issue yet but I will keep you posted, either here or by pm or email.

Happy Day all!
Old 12-05-2012, 07:21 AM   #1112
abbyar
Mouseketeer

My dd is 5 too and loves meeting new kids - everyone is instantly her new best friend. She loves running around with the boys too.
abbyar is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-05-2012, 09:09 AM   #1113
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member

Just a reminder to those celebrating birthdays or Anniversaries- PLEASE be sure your stateroom number is on the roll call!
Old 12-05-2012, 10:02 AM   #1114
ChipperMerlin
Mouseketeer

Half Marathon Challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Spencer View Post
Susan and I will be running/walking every sea day at least. We haven't run in almost two years after we did the Disney marathon in 2011. We intended to take a few months off to let some nagging injuries heal but it turned into a few years.

Come up with a time and I'll put it up on the web site.
Does anyone know how many laps around Deck 4 make a mile? What about being on Deck 10? I wouldn't mind doing an extra lap up there if it meant not having to negotiate the engine room. With my balance and eye issues, it's not the safest place for me to be.

Thanks!

Safe journeys to everyone traveling today. We leave Saturday and I can't wait to see everyone on Sunday.
Disneyland — January 1960 — & many, many, many times since ~~~ WDW — June 1975 — honeymoon & many times since ~~~ Disneyland Paris — January & July 2003 ~~~ Tokyo Disneyland — April 2005 ~~~ Grand Opening of Hong Kong Disneyland — September 2005 ~~~ Renaissance Cruise Line: 2; Carnival Cruise Line: 1 ~~~ 1st Disney Cruise — November 2004 (DH won 3-day Bahamas cruise at DCa by answering the million point question at "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire" ~~~ DCL Eastern Caribbean — November 2007 ~~~ DCL Western Caribbean — October 2008 ~~~ DCL 4-day Bahamas — October 18, 2009 ~~~ DCL's DVC Member Cruise — September 2010 ~~~ DCL Panama Canal — January 6, 2011 ~~~ DCL 3-day Bahamas — September 29, 2011 ~~~ DCL 4-day Bahamas — October 2, 2011 ~~~ DCL 3-day Bahamas — October 6, 2011 ~~~ DCL Mexican Riviera — December 11, 2011 ~~~ DCL California Coast Repo — May 14, 2012 ~~~ DCL Pixar Cruise — October 7, 2012 ~~~ DCL Panama Canal — December 9, 2012 ~~~ DCL Halloween Cruise — October 27, 2013 ~~~ DCL 4-day Bahamas — November 10, 2013 ~~~ DCL Alaska — September 1, 2014 ~~~ DCL California Coast Repo — September 8, 2014 ~~~ DCL Panama Canal — September 12, 2014 ~~~ DVC members since 2008 ~~~ Premier Pass Holders for DL & WDW
ChipperMerlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:41 AM   #1115
elderfam
There is no such thing as too many Disney trips!

Twin 5 yr old boys! AWESOME!! We are the Elders and we have a 5 yr old son who loves the kids clubs and is always looking to make a new friend! We will be in 6085 so feel free to knock on our door and say hi!
Cynthia

Quote:
Hi! I just found this thread! We will be on this cruise! Sooo very excited. Only a few days away. Wish I had found this thread earlier! We are a family of 4 (me, my hubby and our 5 year old twin boys). Hope we get a chance to meet some other fun nice families!
-Karen

[url='http://www.mickeypath.com/']

elderfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:32 AM   #1116
LAS2012
Earning My Ears

Quote:
-Karen
Welcome! Our DS is 6, so there will be lots of company for lots of fun!
LAS2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:41 AM   #1117
LAS2012
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmjenn View Post
As an aside, when I was telling him about all the new kids he was going to meet, he got worried and asked what if they didn't like him? (I think the kids in preschool play the "I don't like you" today "game") I told him none of kids will know each other, so everyone gets to be friends. He loves everyone, and I know he will fit in with any group he finds in the clubs/lab, pools and on excursions, but he sure was worried.
My DS6 doesn't know a stranger! He will think it is great that he has so many new friends. Some children can be so mean...

Is anybody else bringing their Elf on a Shelf? We had to leave him a note with very specific instructions on where to find us. My son also requested that our elf be told he will need some vacation clothes. It's a good thing that Barbie's friend Ken has clothes that fit the elf... I "think" he will be a stowaway on the plane and make an appearance mid-flight. Just don't turn me in to TSA!!! You can add that to the list of random vacation items that still have to be accomplished before we leave on Saturday. Along with re-packing (way too much stuff and way too heavy), finishing up scrap exchange, laundry, last minute shopping, hair, nails, and still going to work.
LAS2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:49 AM   #1118
Travelbee
DIS Veteran

DCL Releases 2014 Itineraries

Just in case you haven't heard, DCL released partial 2014 itineraries yesterday and booking for gold/platinum started this morning. I am hoping for new itineraries but it appears I'd have to wait for the Magic summer schedule. Book 7-day Eastern on the Fantasy over 4th of July and was shocked at the price - $4800 for 2A1C in a 11C!! Chances of us actually taking that cruise is pretty slim.

April 19, 2014: 7-Day Eastern Caribbean Disney Fantasy
June 15, 2013: 12-Day Mediterranean with Greece & Turkey Disney Magic
December 9, 2012: 14-Day Panama Canal Disney Wonder
July 2, 2012: 7-Day Alaska Disney Wonder
April 17, 2011: 10-Day Mexican Riviera Disney Wonder
May 15, 2010: 11-Day Mediterranean Disney Magic
November 14, 2009: Double Dip Delight (7-day Western Disney Magic)
April 26, 2008: 7-Day Eastern Disney Magic
May 17, 2007: 3-Day Bahama Disney Wonder
Travelbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:52 AM   #1119
pharmjenn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAS2012 View Post
My DS6 doesn't know a stranger! He will think it is great that he has so many new friends. Some children can be so mean...

Is anybody else bringing their Elf on a Shelf? We had to leave him a note with very specific instructions on where to find us. My son also requested that our elf be told he will need some vacation clothes. It's a good thing that Barbie's friend Ken has clothes that fit the elf... I "think" he will be a stowaway on the plane and make an appearance mid-flight. Just don't turn me in to TSA!!! You can add that to the list of random vacation items that still have to be accomplished before we leave on Saturday. Along with re-packing (way too much stuff and way too heavy), finishing up scrap exchange, laundry, last minute shopping, hair, nails, and still going to work.
Our Elf Gerald will be following us as well. I just don't know where he is going to hang out in her tiny Inside stateroom, but he does need to keep watching over us until Christmas. I think he may be bringing a swimsuit that he borrowed from Curious George.
pharmjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:12 PM   #1120
So Cal Crew
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipperMerlin View Post
Does anyone know how many laps around Deck 4 make a mile? What about being on Deck 10? I wouldn't mind doing an extra lap up there if it meant not having to negotiate the engine room. With my balance and eye issues, it's not the safest place for me to be.
3 laps = 1 mile on deck 4
Old 12-05-2012, 12:18 PM   #1121
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member

definitely need more laps on Deck 10 ChipperMerlin. But I was thinking that , too.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:21 PM   #1122
hedgerow
Adventure Keeps Calling My Name!

Quote:
-Karen
Welcome, Welcome! 5 yo twin boys! How exciting. We have twin boys also, however they are 21 and not coming along this time. Twins are such fun. We look forward to meeting you all.

Been there done that? Maybebut I wanna do it again!
hedgerow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:33 PM   #1123
So Cal Crew
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAS2012 View Post
Is anybody else bringing their Elf on a Shelf? We had to leave him a note with very specific instructions on where to find us.
I didn't know if he would be able to find us or not. That's a good idea to leave a note. Don't you think so Autumn? (she's my little lurker on the boards)
Old 12-05-2012, 01:39 PM   #1124
BethC1952
DIS Veteran
Has been VERY patient and VERY helpful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elderfam View Post
Twin 5 yr old boys! AWESOME!! We are the Elders and we have a 5 yr old son who loves the kids clubs and is always looking to make a new friend! We will be in 6085 so feel free to knock on our door and say hi!
Cynthia
Our very first cruise was in that room! It was going to be a "once in a lifetime". Who knew we'd ever take 15 DCL cruises (and counting)?

Beth
Old 12-05-2012, 01:40 PM   #1125
MrMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
-Karen

Welcome aboard! We are yet another family traveling with a 5 year old son. Seems as though they will have plenty of friends to hang out with.
MrMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: