Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2012, 06:11 PM   #1096
Jeff Spencer
Space & Disney Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by skayrobe
I thought the dining rooms were on the cool side so I took a jacket or sweater to dinner every night. Sherry
Susan feels the same way. Can be a bit cool out on deck at night when you're cruising along at 20 knots.

Wonder 15 Night WBPC Cruise May 2014 Web Site

May 2014 - Disney Wonder, 15 Night WBPC
Oct 2013 - Disney Dream, 4 Night Bahamas
Dec 2012 - Disney Wonder, 14 Night EBPC
May 2010 - Disney Magic, 11 Night Med
June 2008 - Disney Magic, 7 Night Mexican Riviera
June 2007 - Disney Magic, 11 Night Med
May 2001 - Disney Magic, 7 Night Eastern Caribbean
Jeff Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:18 PM   #1097
chrissyt27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArGa View Post
My previously healthy dog decided to go lame yesterday for no apparent reason and now won't put weight down on her back leg. One expensive vet trip later, we still don't know why. She is supposed to take it easy and no strenuous running for the next few weeks. That works out ok since the person who is taking her while we are away gives her lots of love and 3 walks a day but doesn't let her run with her friends in the park. My dog won't like the forced inactivity though. So of all the the things that I was worrying about, my dog was not one of them until now - it figures
I hope your dog will be okay. Nala has spinal disc disease and she has to keep inactive too. My friend is watching her, so she will be in good hands. We will have try not to worry about our dogs together.
December 2007 Disneyland Trip with DH, December 2008 WDW trip with DH and Aunt!!
February 2009 2nd anniversary “Magic” Cruise
November 2009 Birthday at WDW, December 2010 Disney "Magic" Cruise, December 2012 "Wonder" 14 Night Panama Cruise
chrissyt27 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-04-2012, 06:21 PM   #1098
chrissyt27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Spencer View Post
Mid to high 60's for high temperatures. If you're not bringing long sleeves for mosquitoes you should strongly consider it for LA.

Yah for no rain in LA! Last time it poured the entire time. I have a hoodie packed so hopefully won't be too cold.
December 2007 Disneyland Trip with DH, December 2008 WDW trip with DH and Aunt!!
November 2009 Birthday at WDW, December 2010 Disney "Magic" Cruise, December 2012 "Wonder" 14 Night Panama Cruise
Old 12-04-2012, 07:35 PM   #1099
Started With a Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissyt27 View Post
Yah for no rain in LA! Last time it poured the entire time. I have a hoodie packed so hopefully won't be too cold.
Hoodie will be perfect for our weather this weekend.
Started With a Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:48 PM   #1100
JessicasMom
Working to Travel

Yes, I'm reading the boards, when I really need to finish packing . I got home from work at 6:30, had dinner (nibbles & bits from the frig...using up what's left over), cleaned a bathroom, and finished some paperwork for the MIL. Now, at 8:30ish, I'm tired but HAVE to finish packing. (And I'd really rather watch Rudolph ) We're driving to Philly tomorrow as soon as I get home from work (6:30ish), so all must be finished tonight. I can't believe it's finally here!!!

I totally understand the worriers. I'm not normally one, but I'm constantly thinking of things I need to do or could have done better. But, I'm fairly confident everything will go smoothly over the next several days....and then we'll be on the ship...Ahhhhh, life is good.

Safe travels everyone!!!
Old 12-04-2012, 08:54 PM   #1101
CalifFamily
Earning My Ears

Hi! I just found this thread! We will be on this cruise! Sooo very excited. Only a few days away. Wish I had found this thread earlier! We are a family of 4 (me, my hubby and our 5 year old twin boys). Hope we get a chance to meet some other fun nice families!
-Karen
CalifFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:10 PM   #1102
Jeff Spencer
Space & Disney Nut

Welcome to the group Califamily!

Check out the web site below for more information.

Old 12-04-2012, 09:48 PM   #1103
CalifFamily
Earning My Ears

Thanks! So is it best to do excursions thru Disney or go thru a different company? I booked a few thru Disney but wonder about other options. And we would like to upgrade our room if possible on the day we board. Is this difficult to do? Any tips?

CalifFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:01 PM   #1104
Jeff Spencer
Space & Disney Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalifFamily View Post
Thanks! So is it best to do excursions thru Disney or go thru a different company? I booked a few thru Disney but wonder about other options. And we would like to upgrade our room if possible on the day we board. Is this difficult to do? Any tips?
It depends. If you're fairly new to cruising and to booking your own excursions, it's probably best to stick with DCL. On upgrading, it too depends. From what others have said, it appears that there should be opportunity to do that for this cruise as we don't appear to be full. It also depends on what you originally booked...i.e., a specific room, room category or a guarantee. Best tip would be to get to the ship early to check on upgrades.

Old 12-04-2012, 10:08 PM   #1105
skayrobe
Mouseketeer

Welcome

Quote:
Hi! I just found this thread! We will be on this cruise! Sooo very excited. Only a few days away. Wish I had found this thread earlier! We are a family of 4 (me, my hubby and our 5 year old twin boys). Hope we get a chance to meet some other fun nice families!
-Karen
Welcome to your family. This is going to be a great cruise. Do check out Jeff's website, it has great information. We are all meeting at 2:30 pm in the Promenade lounge on deck 3 for a meet and greet on boarding day. See you then. Sherry
skayrobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:13 PM   #1106
mom24cuties
Earning My Ears

upgrades

Quote:
We upgraded at port this fall following specific advice from a thread on the Disboards. The trick is to arrive early, complete your check in as quickly as possible and ask for the supervisor's desk. At the supervisor's desk there will be another line. When you get to the front they will show you a list of upgrades available and the cost to upgrade from your current room to the new category. If you plan to upgrade have all your paperwork ready and signed to speed the check in process along. The most important thing is to check in first as there were cruisers getting into the supervisor's line to upgrade who had not checked in and they were sent away. Good luck!
mom24cuties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:41 AM   #1107
RoxyHive
My first cruise ever!

Carry On Luggage Question

I'm been packing like mad all day trying to make it all fit but found a question I can't seem to locate an answer for online.

I understand that all the carry on bags have to be small enough to fit in the scanner but is there a limit to how many carry on bags we can bring on the ship? Just one per person or could I bring a carry on sized 22 inch rolling suitcase and a backpack/tote bag like you can on an airplane?

Thanks for you help!!
RoxyHive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:49 AM   #1108
chrissyt27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyHive View Post
I'm been packing like mad all day trying to make it all fit but found a question I can't seem to locate an answer for online.

I understand that all the carry on bags have to be small enough to fit in the scanner but is there a limit to how many carry on bags we can bring on the ship? Just one per person or could I bring a carry on sized 22 inch rolling suitcase and a backpack/tote bag like you can on an airplane?

Thanks for you help!!
I've never heard of a limit. You should be fine.

we just got done packing. Ugh almost 2 am.
Old 12-05-2012, 02:09 AM   #1109
Cruise
Wake up, your month is up!;)

No limit on carry-on bags. As long as you're willing to carry it around until the rooms are ready, you can take as many as you like.

Cruise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:16 AM   #1110
pharmjenn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
-Karen
Welcome Karen and family! We are travelling with our DS, who just turned 5years yesterday. He will be thrilled to have even more boys his age!

As an aside, when I was telling him about all the new kids he was going to meet, he got worried and asked what if they didn't like him? (I think the kids in preschool play the "I don't like you" today "game") I told him none of kids will know each other, so everyone gets to be friends. He loves everyone, and I know he will fit in with any group he finds in the clubs/lab, pools and on excursions, but he sure was worried.
pharmjenn is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: