Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2012, 02:17 PM   #1081
abbyar
Mouseketeer

I ended up switching my reservation to National - we'll have to get a cab over to Collins, but I don't need to worry for the next 3 weeks as to IF we'll get the right rate. I got a sweet deal - Jeep Grand Cherokee for $53.50/ day, unlimited miles (I had to pay $.37/mile with Hertz). I did something I never do - prepaid for a full tank of gas. $75.83!! Makes me so glad I have a hybrid at home I can fill for under $30. But there's no way I'm going out hunting for gas on Christmas morning. ETA: Even with the full tank of gas, my rate is less than with Hertz. Blah!
abbyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:26 PM   #1082
Jeff Spencer
Space & Disney Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryLou1962
Thanks Jeff--even with the cab fare that's A LOT cheaper than what I currently have booked.

I looked at Priceline (this would be my first Priceline experience) and I'm not sure where you select Long Beach airport as the drop off--as we are arriving at LAX.

Thanks for your help.

ML
We are arriving at ONT and dropping off at LGB so it's possible.

Wonder 15 Night WBPC Cruise May 2014 Web Site

May 2014 - Disney Wonder, 15 Night WBPC
Oct 2013 - Disney Dream, 4 Night Bahamas
Dec 2012 - Disney Wonder, 14 Night EBPC
May 2010 - Disney Magic, 11 Night Med
June 2008 - Disney Magic, 7 Night Mexican Riviera
June 2007 - Disney Magic, 11 Night Med
May 2001 - Disney Magic, 7 Night Eastern Caribbean
Jeff Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-04-2012, 02:31 PM   #1083
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

Quote:
Originally Posted by So Cal Crew View Post
I noticed that too. We're staying in Florida a few days and I've been told the rates are so high because it's Christmas weekend. Hopefully gas prices won't be so bad.
Try E-Z rental. I have them booked for my January WDW trip after a girlfriend had good luck with them. Much cheaper even than Alamo.
Old 12-04-2012, 02:39 PM   #1084
abbyar
Mouseketeer

OOoh I just realized that my dad is meeting us for lunch Saturday! Which means I can take his car to the liquor store instead of having to walk. Now I'm off to figure out which is the best liquor store in San Pedro!
Old 12-04-2012, 02:40 PM   #1085
ArGa
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissyt27 View Post
We did most of our packing last night. We need to borrow a suitcase, so some stuff is still sitting out. I tried really hard not to bring too much, but still we need a 3rd bag, well DH also has a 4th smaller one as a carry on. we are flying Southwest, so they are free. It was hard to put some of my new dresses back, but hopefully my gold shoes actually go with all my dressier clothes. I hate bringing too many shoes that only get worn once.
we just need to clean up the house. My friend is house sitting.
Hopefully DH remembers to print all the stuff we need today at work. I can't believe the cruise is actually here! I am going to miss our dogs. The one is sick, so hopefully she will be okay while we are gone.
My previously healthy dog decided to go lame yesterday for no apparent reason and now won't put weight down on her back leg. One expensive vet trip later, we still don't know why. She is supposed to take it easy and no strenuous running for the next few weeks. That works out ok since the person who is taking her while we are away gives her lots of love and 3 walks a day but doesn't let her run with her friends in the park. My dog won't like the forced inactivity though. So of all the the things that I was worrying about, my dog was not one of them until now - it figures
ArGa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:38 PM   #1086
abbyar
Mouseketeer

Poor pup! We'll drink to his good health on the cruise!
Old 12-04-2012, 04:50 PM   #1087
rach7
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMom View Post
I saw this earlier this week and it is soooo true in our house and very timely.

Love this! I just said to DH this morning "you better start packing tonight, as I don't want you banging around the bedroom until midnight the night before we leave"! Meanwhile, the I have the kids clothes at the "staging area" - i.e, the dining room table!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbangel View Post
Long sleeved, light coloured clothing and good walking shoes. I'd rather be warm then have too much exposed skin. Light colours help with the mosquitoes. Other than water and a camera I can't think of anything that you haven't already named (but I don't have kids!)
I hadn't even thought of this! I haven't packed any long sleeved tops for myself, or the kids. Are the mosquitos really that bad, or will short sleeves and bug spray keep them under control? Living in Brisbane, we are use to a sub tropical climate (and the mosqutios that brings), so I hadn't thought much about Costa Maya.

Thanks,
Rach
rach7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:15 PM   #1088
skayrobe
Mouseketeer

Costa maya

My husband is going on the Costa Maya Ruins also. He has cooling sleeves he wears while riding his bike. We are packing a pair of those for the tour. They also provide sun protection. He might look funny but will be well a quipped for sun, heat, or dreaded Mosquitos. We got ours on Amazon. Sherry
skayrobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:30 PM   #1089
bbangel
My friends call me the font of useless knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArGa View Post
And here I was worried that I was the only worrier in the group!! I am a worrier by nature, a detail person, an overplanner, over analyzer and just plain nervous person - all bad traits to have for a person who likes to take as many trips as I do. I will be fine when I get on the ship, its just the getting there that will nearly kill me first. I just keep telling myself that 99% of the things that I worry about never happen. I'm not really a drinker, but lately I've been thinking that I should start!
Sounds like a lot of us are anxious travellers. I'm so bad that when I have a trip coming up I don't even like to see cabs because I start stressing about the ride to the airport!
Old 12-04-2012, 05:33 PM   #1090
bbangel
My friends call me the font of useless knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach7 View Post
I hadn't even thought of this! I haven't packed any long sleeved tops for myself, or the kids. Are the mosquitos really that bad, or will short sleeves and bug spray keep them under control? Living in Brisbane, we are use to a sub tropical climate (and the mosqutios that brings), so I hadn't thought much about Costa Maya.

Thanks,
Rach
I think the long sleeves help with more than the mosquitoes, which are more of a problem here as they could be malaria carriers. I think long sleeves also help protect from the other elements that might be encountered. Most people will probably use short sleeves so whatever you are comfortable with
Old 12-04-2012, 05:42 PM   #1091
Travelbee
DIS Veteran

Safe Travels

Just wanted to wish everyone safe travels as you make your way to SoCal! We're a short 20-30 minutes drive to the Port, which means we're working through Friday and probably won't start packing until Saturday! Looking forward to meeting everyone onboard!

April 19, 2014: 7-Day Eastern Caribbean Disney Fantasy
June 15, 2013: 12-Day Mediterranean with Greece & Turkey Disney Magic
December 9, 2012: 14-Day Panama Canal Disney Wonder
July 2, 2012: 7-Day Alaska Disney Wonder
April 17, 2011: 10-Day Mexican Riviera Disney Wonder
May 15, 2010: 11-Day Mediterranean Disney Magic
November 14, 2009: Double Dip Delight (7-day Western Disney Magic)
April 26, 2008: 7-Day Eastern Disney Magic
May 17, 2007: 3-Day Bahama Disney Wonder
Travelbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:35 PM   #1092
mug318ca
Mouseketeer since 1964

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelbee View Post
Just wanted to wish everyone safe travels as you make your way to SoCal! We're a short 20-30 minutes drive to the Port, which means we're working through Friday and probably won't start packing until Saturday! Looking forward to meeting everyone onboard!
And, for those traveling to the LA area this week, expect the weather to be cloudy, dry, and in the mid to high 60's.
mug318ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:40 PM   #1093
Jeff Spencer
Space & Disney Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by mug318ca View Post
And, for those traveling to the LA area this week, expect the weather to be cloudy, dry, and in the mid to high 60's.
Mid to high 60's for high temperatures. If you're not bringing long sleeves for mosquitoes you should strongly consider it for LA.

Wonder 15 Night WBPC Cruise May 2014 Web Site

May 2014 - Disney Wonder, 15 Night WBPC
Oct 2013 - Disney Dream, 4 Night Bahamas
Dec 2012 - Disney Wonder, 14 Night EBPC
May 2010 - Disney Magic, 11 Night Med
June 2008 - Disney Magic, 7 Night Mexican Riviera
June 2007 - Disney Magic, 11 Night Med
May 2001 - Disney Magic, 7 Night Eastern Caribbean
Jeff Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:04 PM   #1094
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Spencer View Post
Mid to high 60's for high temperatures. If you're not bringing long sleeves for mosquitoes you should strongly consider it for LA.
For sure! And I would think at least a sweater for night, too. (I'm the proud owner of an expensive tinkerbelle jacket because I didn't listen to that advice
Old 12-04-2012, 07:07 PM   #1095
skayrobe
Mouseketeer

Dining rooms

I thought the dining rooms were on the cool side so I took a jacket or sweater to dinner every night. Sherry
skayrobe is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: