Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2012, 07:58 AM   #1051
decked out
Pirate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skayrobe View Post
I am in for the tiara and champagne. What do we bring besides tiaras and champagne? Is the time and date and location on Jeff's website yet? Sherry
The most fashionable ladies often wear feather boas. Just sayin'.

01/29/09 Wonder Bahamas; 03/28/09 Magic Caribbean; 12/18/10 Magic Caribbean Holiday ; 09/01/11 Dream Bahamas; 01/19/12 Dream Bahamas; 12/9/12 Wonder EB Panama Canal; 4/8/13 Wonder Caribbean; 1/17/14 Magic Bahamas; 5/16/14 Magic Bahamas; 10/11/14 Wonder Caribbean
decked out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:12 AM   #1052
pharmjenn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Started With a Mouse View Post
Thank you for this! We have four people, two big suitcases under 50#, a small duffle bag and a carry on (filled with FE's). Still, I keep looking to get rid of things, and not take them, but it's getting harder and harder to thin the herd!
Wow, only 2 suitcases? I think the 3 of us will likely end up with atleast 4, but we are newbies who will I am sure bring too much. Plus, just tried to book the limo I purchased on Groupon to get back home Christmas eve and they are all booked. So will be taking the BART (subway) home. Not looking forward to that with lots of bags and Christmas eve/rush hour traffic.
Here's to hoping that no one goes to work on that Monday and the trains stay empty.
pharmjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-04-2012, 08:30 AM   #1053
Started With a Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmjenn View Post
Wow, only 2 suitcases? I think the 3 of us will likely end up with atleast 4, but we are newbies who will I am sure bring too much. Plus, just tried to book the limo I purchased on Groupon to get back home Christmas eve and they are all booked. So will be taking the BART (subway) home. Not looking forward to that with lots of bags and Christmas eve/rush hour traffic.
Here's to hoping that no one goes to work on that Monday and the trains stay empty.
We are newbies too! That's a reason for packing a lot - I don't want to run out of anything!
Started With a Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:40 AM   #1054
BethC1952
DIS Veteran
Has been VERY patient and VERY helpful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVURunner View Post
I can not wait to smell the ocean! I am currently sitting in our Washington DC field office which is located on the Blue Plains Wastewater Treatment Plant, which is the largest wastewater treatment plant in the world! After working here and at the landfill, I am looking forward to the nice smell of the sea!

Hoping to finally meet my best friend's baby tonight!
I live and work where I can smell the ocean every day. I also live two blocks from the local sewer treatment plant. I definitely prefer the smell of the ocean !

Tomorrow I'm going to start packing. Lots of shirts and tops, and a few pairs of pants, plus my dress ups, swimwear, pj's. All black pants look the same, right? So no one will notice if I only bring one pair LOL!!!!. DH does our laundry, and he said he has no problem with doing it a few times on the cruise, so I can pack a few less things than I otherwise might. This is actually a short trip for us since we usually do three-week vacations, and we manage with two suitcases and a carry on, so I think we'll be just fine. Maybe.

Beth
Old 12-04-2012, 08:44 AM   #1055
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

Quote:
Originally Posted by decked out View Post
The most fashionable ladies often wear feather boas. Just sayin'.
I *hope* Y'all are going to wear CLOTHES under those tiaras and boas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethC1952 View Post
I live and work where I can smell the ocean every day. I also live two blocks from the local sewer treatment plant. I definitely prefer the smell of the ocean !

Tomorrow I'm going to start packing. Lots of shirts and tops, and a few pairs of pants, plus my dress ups, swimwear, pj's. All black pants look the same, right? So no one will notice if I only bring one pair LOL!!!!. DH does our laundry, and he said he has no problem with doing it a few times on the cruise, so I can pack a few less things than I otherwise might. This is actually a short trip for us since we usually do three-week vacations, and we manage with two suitcases and a carry on, so I think we'll be just fine. Maybe.

Beth
That's my strategy, Beth. Only the top shows above the table, right?

People on 'my' Cartagena tour, I have emailed to inquire if we can pay in advance by paypal, so it won't be necessary to carry the cash. Stay tuned for the answer.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:55 AM   #1056
MrMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmjenn View Post
Emily, I don't know how you do it either. I work 10hr night shifts, only get 5hrs sleep and still don't feel like I have time in the 9 remaining hours to get much done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVURunner View Post
It is cuz I'm kidless. My sister keeps telling me that once I have kids, everything with my time management skills will go out the window and that the kids will just suck away all my time. Hopefully I will find out one day if this is true....
Let me clear that up for you - 100% FACT! But, I wouldn't change a thing.

I also hope you get to find out for yourself one day.
MrMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:15 AM   #1057
MrMom
Mouseketeer

I saw this earlier this week and it is soooo true in our house and very timely.

MrMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:46 AM   #1058
BethC1952
DIS Veteran
Has been VERY patient and VERY helpful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMom View Post

My DH handles the packing problem by throwing every piece of clothing he owns into the smallest suitcase he can find. He's been known to forget shoes, but he always has clothes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaBabe View Post
That's my strategy, Beth. Only the top shows above the table, right?
That's exactly what made me decide that no one will notice what I have on below the table LOL!!! I looked at all of our previous cruise pictures, and hardly any of them show my nice pants and shoes. Sooo...very few pants, one pair of excursion shoes, one pair of flip flops, one pair of Crocs ballet slippers for dress up, and lots of mix and match shirts that can be layered. And, of course, my big straw hat! Everything gets rolled up and put in the suitcase (well, except the shoes and the hat), and I can iron on the ship, or treat myself and send things out to be pressed. I don't mind ironing, though...it's one of those "instant satisfaction" things!

Beth
Old 12-04-2012, 09:47 AM   #1059
Started With a Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaBabe View Post

People on 'my' Cartagena tour, I have emailed to inquire if we can pay in advance by paypal, so it won't be necessary to carry the cash. Stay tuned for the answer.
That would be outstanding!
Old 12-04-2012, 09:48 AM   #1060
Started With a Mouse
DIS Veteran

So true!!!

Quote:

Old 12-04-2012, 10:29 AM   #1061
dededisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouse66 View Post
We started our vacation yesterday arriving in LA

Loved. In and Out. Burgers worth the stop for great cheap fast food

In San Diego old town eating Mexican after a day at seaworld.

I fogot the my pal mickeys and a few otbher things. Alreay went to target.

We cant wait for the cruise to see everyone.
Don't know if you got your burger "animal style", but it is the best! Anytime someone comes to visit us from out of state, In-N-Out is a must do...if not on their list, it is on ours! Enjoy your time in SoCal!
dededisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:30 AM   #1062
dededisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:

This pretty much sums up my life...and DH would certainly agree!
dededisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:36 AM   #1063
hedgerow
Adventure Keeps Calling My Name!

Quote:
Originally Posted by decked out View Post
Hey! It's a hidden Donald!

Cool! I didn't notice it!

Been there done that? Maybebut I wanna do it again!
hedgerow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:40 AM   #1064
Gdes1
Mouseketeer

Question for those who have BTDT for the Costa Maya ruins.....

How would you dress / what would you bring for yourself and small children? I am bringing mosquito repellant wipes, sunblock, hats, etc. For clothing, I'm torn between dressing as lightly as possible to keep cool vs. covering up to protect from mosquitoes, scrapes, etc.
Gdes1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:57 AM   #1065
skayrobe
Mouseketeer

California liquor laws

Hi. I was planning on stopping for some Champagne and wine on Sunday before hopping on the boat. What are the California liquor laws? Do they sell alcohol on Sunday? I may have to run out of the hotel Saturday night. Thanks. Sherry
skayrobe is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: